Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

15.08.2019 07:03
eanographer; and Qewy, who was victorious in the Group 2 Geelong Cup last month (when Oceanographer was third).But the Godolphin Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Danish goalkeeper David Ousted began his education in North American soccer Monday with his first Vancouver Whitecaps practice. The first lesson: Try to get along with your teammates when battling for a starting spot. Ousted hopes to develop a rapport with his peers now that he gives the Whitecaps four goalkeepers. "Its going to be a tough competition, but I think its going to be great," said Ousted, 28, who joined the Whitecaps last week after 10 seasons in his homeland. "I think its going to develop everybody and, hopefully, itll help the team." The second lesson: Whitecaps coach Martin Rennie loves to develop competition at each position. Accordingly, Rennie was non-committal on Ousteds role once he becomes eligible to play in Major League Soccer after the international transfer window opens July 9. "Were playing well and were winning games," said Rennie. "Brad (Knighton, the current starter) has got a good record at the moment, so I think hes just gotta keep focused on that." In a rare break from his one-game-at-a-time approach, Rennie suggested Ousteds signing was more about the future than the present. "Joe (Cannon) probably wont be with us going into next season," said Rennie. "So we needed to make sure that we had another goalkeeper for next season." In other words, Rennie was not in a hurry to give Knightons No. 1 job to Ousted. Neither was Knighton, who is in line to start Saturdays game at D.C. United and two more before Ousted is eligible -- unless Cannon, 38, who is playing out the final year of his contract, gets the call in the meantime. "I dont see my mentality changing," said Knighton, who sports a 3-1-1 record. "It is what (Cannon) and I were doing. Obviously, were competing every day for a spot. Its not the only position that theres competition for. Everybodys fighting for a spot in this team, and its tough to change the team when were winning. "So, obviously, thats a decision (management) are going to have to make. "My job is just to go in there and compete, and make saves in the game and keep us in the game and get wins in the win column over these next three games." The surging Whitecaps (6-5-4) have won four of their past six games and moved into playoff contention in the Western Conference. But they have only one clean sheet this season -- registered by Cannon in the first game of the season against Toronto. Cannon, who began the season as the teams starter, did not offer his thoughts to reporters on what he thinks of the extra competition. But during drills late in practice, he almost gleefully dove to the ground for balls and attempted saves while lying down as rain and hail pounded the UBC turf. His actions suggested that he is more than willing to battle for playing time. Rookie Simon Thomas, 23, of Victoria, is the clubs fourth goalkeeper, and does not factor into the playing time equation as of now. In addition to earning playing time, Ousted will have to show that he can handle the rigours of MLS, which include travel across the continent, more international talent and, at times, highly physical play. "I think its a stronger league," said Ousted. "From what Ive seen over here, there are some good players, some good teams. The physical (fitness) level is high, and the technical level as well, and Im looking forward to the challenge." Some of Ousteds new teammates are also interested in seeing how the battle for the No. 1 goalkeeping job will play out. "The main thing is, it generates competition and, as individuals, we thrive on competition. ... For me, its always been a recipe for success," said central defender Andy OBrien, who continues to recuperate from a hamstring injury. "The competition and the pressure may well bring out the best in the individual." Meanwhile, Whitecaps striker Camilo was name MLS player of the week Monday. The Brazilian scored two goals and added an assist in a 3-1 win over Chivas USA last week. He has produced six goals and three assists in his last five games. The honour comes after he battled to get into the lineup earlier this season. But Rennie was not willing to let him rest easy, either. "He worked extra hard when he wasnt in the team, and now hes in the team," said Rennie. "We want to make sure that he stays in." Note: Central defender Brad Rusin, who has missed the past four games with a calf injury, returned to practice and hopes to play Saturday.Matt Breida 49ers Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Deebo Samuel Youth Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Frank-Gore-Jersey/ . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Dee Ford Youth Jersey .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Matt Breida Womens Jersey . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said.Charlie Appleby: hes got two horses in the Melbourne Cup.Charlie who?You would be forgiven for having a similar conversation as the 2016 edition approaches, for Charlie Appleby certainly is a new name to the Cup Day form guide. Before the Spring Racing Carnival got underway, few in Australia -- even those in the racing know -- knew much at all about the 41-year-old Devon-born Englishman who is the head trainer of Godolphins UK-based training operation.Having taken that role in 2013, he may well never have given it a thought that hed have two steeds with very live chances in the Cup: Saturdays very impressive Group 2 Lexus Stakes winner, Oceanographer; and Qewy, who was victorious in the Group 2 Geelong Cup last month (when Oceanographer was third).But the Godolphin global breeding and racing operation under the ownership of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai, and one of the heavyweights of the racing world, competes in topline races across the calendar, across the continents -- as noted in ESPNs story on jockey Kerrin McEvoy, who rode both Qewy and Oceanographer to their wins.Saeed bin Suroor, the head trainer of Godolphins Dubai base will saddle-up Beautiful Romance ($67 with UBET) and Secret Number ($35), while John OShea -- who heads the Australian operation - will carry the hopes of many punters with Cox Plate runner-up and Cup favourite Hartnell ($6) leading the overall Godolphin charge.Appleby, however, may just be the trainer to make the biggest impact for Godolphin in nearly two decades of trying to win the Melbourne Cup.An amateur rider on the flat and over the jumps in his early days, Appleby rose from the position of travelling head lad to stable head lad and then to assistant trainer before the English summer of 2013 saw a big moment in his working life.I worked very closely with His Highness through my time at Godolphin, Appleby told ESPN on Sunday. He approached me, called me to his office, and offered me the position. I was obviously thrilled! It was one of those moments where you pinch yourself to see if it was really happening.The Godolphin business spends and earns millions upon millions of any currency you wish to mention, and hence there is a huge responsibility in taking charge, and directing the fortunes, of some very expensive horseflesh with not only their next race in mind but also their opportunities as high earning stud prospects.Sometimes job opportunities are seen as no-brainers to take up.For me? Yes, Appleby told ESPN with a healthy chuckle.People ask me if I enjoy it. Ive enjoyed it right from when I started to where we are standing here today. It is an amazing experience to work with the calibre of horses that Ive seen and dealt with.It wasnt even that the decision to take it up was a no-brainer but more a second thought, for me, wasnt even an option. Im enjoying every day of it.Ive worked for Godolphin for 19 years now. When His Highness offered me the job it was a very surreal moment. Im so lucky to have the support team around me.And with that opportunity, results quickly followed.I was very lucky, in my first season, when I went to Santa Anita and won the [Group 1] Breeders Cup Juvenile. I stood there and took it all in then I called the boss and thanked him for the opportunity. The only way I can repay that faith is to produce good winners. With having live chances in these races, I feel that Im doing my bit in repaying that.I just rang him to say thank you very much. It was my starting point.Having achieved Group 1 wins in the U.S. and England, the next opportunity beckons in Melbourne, where Appleby has shown himself to be more broadminded in his first hit at the Spring Racing Carnival than have others in previous campaigns. He hasnt just focused on the Melbourne Cup but looked to bring horses with the ability to collect sizeable cheques in other races suuch as the Geelong Cup and the Bendigo Cup -- both Group 2 races worth $Aus300,000 each, and won by his runners Qewy and Francis of Assissi respectively.ddddddddddddewy ($21 for the Melbourne Cup with UBET) and Oceanographer ($7.50) didnt travel only to be a part of Applebys sideshow. As it happens, both have been successful and will take their part in the $Aus6 million Race That Stops the Nation at Flemington on Tuesday.Many observers have rightly been excited by Oceanographers winning effort at Flemington in the Lexus on Saturday, but Appleby is still very keen to promote his other charges credentials.At Geelong, we ran Qewy [at a distance] that was well below his optimum; he is a two-mile horse. The track [shape] didnt suit Oceanographer as well as it did Qewy, with him losing his footing on the home turn. Qewy was there to be shot at in the lead but he kept finding when they challenged him.We knew that if [Oceanographer] could repeat the effort then he would be hard to beat [in the Lexus]. He did that well.Most telling is Applebys overall personal feelings on the chances of both horses.Qewy is an out-and-out stayer. What he did in Geelong was impressive for a horse that was coming back in trip, he said, referring to Qewy mainly taking on races at 4000 metres or above for most of his 2016 outings.Oceanographer was certainly an eyecatcher in the Geelong Cup and came out of it well. Then we all saw what he did [on Derby Day]. Hes stepping up in trip, too, which I dont see as any problem at all.Personally, I love Qewy. Hes got a great profile for this sort of race. He ran very well in two races during the Royal Ascot festival and at Goodwood, and Id say from what he did in Geelong, and given that it looks like it will be a genuinely run [fast-run] two miles, he has had that nice break between Geelong then going into the Melbourne Cup.Appleby said of his trip to Australia: It is a learning experience for us here at the moment. So far it has all gone very well.And the learning experience will continue on Tuesday, with Oceanographer running just three days after winning the Lexus. Much as that is common in Australia - with Brew in 2000 and Shocking in 2009 following up their Lexus Stakes wins with Melbourne Cup success at the same carnival - but Appleby says it is very alien [for British trainers] to back up a horse as quickly as three days over these sorts of trips.It can work with sprinters, but Ive never done it before anyway.Following Saturdays win, Melbourne Cup Handicapper Greg Carpenter issued a one-kilogram penalty to Oceanographer, lifting his impost to 52kg -- a handy lightweight for such a race. Chad Schofield, son of Saturdays Derby-winning jockey Glyn, will take the ride on Oceanographer.I said to him, you can have a cup of tea now, Appleby quipped on the extra room Schofield now has to indulge.While Oceanographer and Qewy will carry Applebys hopes on Tuesday, Caulfield Cup runner-up Scottish will make his Flemington debut in the Group 1 Emirates Stakes over 2000 metres on Saturday.We purchased Scottish as a long-term project, and he was going to be our Cox Plate horse, to be honest. But he didnt have a high enough rating to make that race an option.We could consider the Melbourne Cup for him next year but dropping back to a mile-and-a-quarter on Saturday, that ticks all the boxes.However, it is the 3200 metre Emirates Melbourne Cup that has all the attention for now.It is a race that every owner and horseman would love to win. Its there and weve hopefully got some live shots on Tuesday. Itd be great to win it for Godolphin and a huge feather in our cap. Anyones, actually.ESPN will be covering Melbourne Cup Day Live. Join our Interactive Blog from 10am (AEDT) on Tuesday, Nov. 1. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz