Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

15.08.2019 07:03
the season begins with talented young blue-liner Jacob Trouba sitting at home after asking for a trade. Its a situation that wil Antworten

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Allen Iverson wants to thank the haters, too.The former Philadelphia 76ers point guard said he will save time in his Basketball Hall of Fame induction speech to mention the people who criticized him throughout his career, explaining that they are also responsible for molding the player that earned a spot in the Springfield shrine.Even the ones that were negative in my career, obviously to try prove them wrong was a motivation, he said Thursday after arriving late to a pre-induction press conference. I had to overcome what they said about me. I had to overcome all that to be wearing this (Hall of Fame) jacket right now. The naysayers, they helped me, too.An 11-time All-Star, Iverson averaged 26.7 points and 6.2 assists in his 14-year NBA career. But he was also a polarizing figure in a league struggling with racial issues, with his tattoos and cornrows and embrace of a hip-hop culture that was at odds with the corporate image the NBA wanted to project.A dozen years after Michael Jordan joined the league and established himself as its greatest player -- and greatest pitchman -- Iverson was a different kind of star.When it came to basketball, obviously I wanted to me like Mike. Doesnt everybody? Iverson told reporters on Thursday during a media availability for the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Class of 2016. But I didnt want to talk like him. I felt it was enough being who my mom loved.Funny at times and emotional at others, Iverson acknowledged that he made mistakes, attributing many of them to entering the league as a 21-year-old with the expectations of a historic franchise on his shoulders. Listing former Philadelphia stars like Julius Erving, Moses Malone, Billy Cunningham and Bobby Jones, Iverson lamented having to come in there and fill all those shoes -- when I was only a size 10 -- and those guys are greats.I was a puppy, he said. All the mistakes I was making, I didnt even realize I was making mistakes. I was poor all my life. Then all of the sudden you put your John Hancock down and youre rich. I still dont know. In the aftermath of being an NBA player, Im still learning ... Im still finding my way.Also scheduled to be inducted on Friday night are Shaquille ONeal, Yao Ming, Sheryl Swoopes, Tom Izzo and Jerry Reinsdorf. Posthumous honorees include 27-year NBA referee Darell Garretson; John McLendon, the first African-American coach in a professional league; Cumberland Posey, who also is in the Baseball Hall of Fame; and Zelmo Beaty, who led Prairie View to an NAIA title in 1962.Iverson, 41, said his induction will be a proud moment for his fans, and all the people that are waiting for A.I. to get a chance to say `He did what you never thought he could do.Thats a great feeling for me, he said. For all the barbershop talk, the ones that supported me can always say, `This guy was immortalized by being a Hall of Famer.Questions about Iverson persisted right up until Thursdays news conference.Iverson was a no-show at the 2 p.m. ceremony where inductees were presented with their Hall of Fame jackets. Its unusual for an inductee to miss the event; even posthumous honorees are usually represented by a family member.Players were ushered upstairs to a function room to answer reporters questions shortly after 3 p.m., and ONeal soon launched into an imitation of Iversons notorious Practice? speech.Its the basketball Hall of Fame. I dont know how you miss this, ONeal said. Im going to get my jacket AND my ring.Iverson arrived at about 3:30 p.m., sliding into a Naismith Orange Hall of Fame jacket and taking a seat at his table. Asked about the delay, Iverson said it involved a personal situation; family.Thats the first thing you want to know about me, man? he added. Why cant it just be good news?Tom Jackson Womens Jersey . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. John Elway Womens Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-dalton-risner-broncos-jerseys/ . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. Peyton Manning Jersey . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Bradley Chubb Broncos Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL.A return to the playoffs for the loudest rink in the NHL is a distinct possibility after missing out last season. But in the crazy-competitive Central Division, its going to be nip and tuck for the Winnipeg Jets to get in.It certainly doesnt help that the season begins with talented young blue-liner Jacob Trouba sitting at home after asking for a trade. Its a situation that will hang over the team until it is resolved. Hes not easily replaceable.This is, however, an organization that is beginning to truly see the fruits of a patient, well-orchestrated rebuild under GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.There is loads of young talent on this team, particularly up front, where rookie winger Patrik Laine, the No. 2 overall pick in June, is ready to take the NHL by storm. Is he the next Teemu Selanne? Thats the type of lofty comparison already associated with the Finnish goal scorer.How things play out in goal could also have a bearing on the Jets season, where highly touted youngster Connor Hellebuyck is probably already the best option, but because hes the only goalie who can go to the AHL without having to clear waivers, the Jets might start the season with veteran Ondrej Pavelec and backup Michael Hutchinson. Tough call. The Jets need to get this one right. They cant make the postseason without the best possible goaltending at hand.Best new facesLaine is going to excite fans in Winnipeg for years to come, just a perfect scenario all those years after the city fell in love with another Finnish great in Selanne. It appears Laine will begin the season on the second line with Bryan Little as his center, which is a good place to start. Look for Laine to do a lot of his damage on the power play, too.Kyle Connor has impressed at camp and in preseason and perhaps he might stick around with the big club. Only 19, the 2015 first-rounder had 35 goals and 36 assists with the University of Michigan last season. Is there a spot for him on a third line with Mathieu Perreault or do the Jets send Connor to the AHL Moose for some seasoning? Either way, we should see him at some point this season with the Jets.Biggest unknownsThere many unknowns up front, but thats a positive. This is the kind of situation Cheveldayoff wanted years ago when he took over this franchise, to arrive at camp and have serious competition for jobs among the young and talented players.Aside from Connor, who has been pushing for a job up front, add the likes of Joel Armia, Marko Dano, Nic Petan and Brandon Tanev also fighting for roles, not to mention eventually highly touted prospect Brendan Lemieux will resurface after getting injured in a rookie tournament last month (hell start the year in the AHL but dontt be surprised to see him back up at some point).dddddddddddd.The point being, the Jets have the kind of enticing options they could have only dreamed of a few years ago. Thats the product of excellent drafting and developing.On the flip side, there are unknowns on the back end, but its not for a good reason. Troubas trade request has created a hole in that blue-line corps. I think the Jets would have had Trouba play the left side in a top-four role this season. So now theres a hole there alongside Dustin Byfuglien, Tyler Myers and Toby Enstrom in that top four.Could Josh Morrissey be an option? The 2013 first-round pick (13th overall) is getting a serious look in preseason after playing his first year of pro hockey last season with AHL Manitoba. The left-handed Calgary native can play the left or right side.The Jets are telling teams who have inquired about Trouba that they want a young, left-handed, top-four type blue-liner in return. Its a high asking price, and also rare for teams to want to trade one young blue-liner for another, but thats where things stand. Could Trouba find his way back with the Jets like Jonathan Drouin did with the Tampa Bay Lightning last season after asking for a trade?Finally, theres the unknown of the goaltending situation as mentioned. The Jets need to expose a goalie for the expansion draft in June and presumably thats why they re-signed the capable backup Hutchinson to a two-year deal. The veteran Pavelec is an unrestricted free agent after the season, so nobody will be standing in Hellebuycks way a year from now. The question is, should the Jets be handing the reigns over to the kid this season? Or do you ride Pavelec one last season?Sure thingsWhen Little was injured in mid-February, it created a top line that jelled immediately in Mark Scheifele between Nikolaj Ehlers and Blake Wheeler. That unit is slated to being the season together and why not, Scheifele putting up 16 goals and 16 assists in his final 25 games last season. Why mess with that kind of chemistry? Scheifele looks like a sure thing as a bona fide No. 1 center. The fact that Team North America trusted him to join Auston Matthews and Connor McDavid on the top line in the World Cup of Hockey is telling, too.PredictionThe Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars, Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues are the class of the Central, leaving the Minnesota Wild and Jets to battle it out for fifth place in the division and potentially the last wild-card spot in the Western Conference. Im giving the nod to the Jets. Fifth in the Central. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz