Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

12.08.2019 06:25
off-the-court qualities that dont show up in player rankings or box scores.Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff takes his recruiting re Antworten

When University of Washington womens basketball coach Mike Neighbors finds himself watching a lopsided high school or AAU game, he tries to think outside the box.He seeks out athletic directors or ticket takers to measure intangibles, off-the-court qualities that dont show up in player rankings or box scores.Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff takes his recruiting reconnaissance one step further.You talk to the people who sweep the floors and the people who clean the bathrooms and all that, McGuff said. You see how they treat them.In todays girls basketball world, where there is increasing competition to earn a scholarship, college coaches are paying attention to the small details, even if the score is 68-10. Recruits on top-flight teams signing this week navigated their recruitments through a handful of blowout games. That means their suitors found other ways to evaluate talent.Players say they often tell coaches which games on their schedule will be the most competitive. That way, recruits get the chance to show their stuff, and coaches can maximize their 112 evaluation days.Every time I talk to a college coach, they even tell me [to] pick [games] out for them because they know that we will usually beat teams by a large margin, said Aquira DeCosta, the No. 6 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2018 class. She plays for St. Marys (Stockton, California), which went 28-1 last year. Just four of their games were decided by 10 points or fewer.Even with a heads up, coaches can still find themselves at lopsided games. With the team on cruise control and the recruit on the bench, coaches shift their focus away from layups or defense.Theyll take notes on how a recruit acts around her teammates or how she responds in huddles.Neighbors looks at a handful of things.How do they respond to officials? Neighbors said. How do they respond to being in a blowout? Do they react the way we hope they would act?Before arriving on campus, coaches typically have seen a player in another venue, such as an AAU game or showcase. Neighbors acknowledged that it is certainly hard to evaluate on-court talent in a blowout. Coaches want to see how future players respond in tight games.Its hard when you see recruits and theyre not playing against any competition, McGuff said. You just want to see how they react in those environments.Coaches try to get a sense of a recruits character on the front end, before visiting a game. Blowout games, however, offer a rare look at personality that isnt visible over the phone or by text message.Louisville coach Jeff Walz enjoys seeing recruits on the bench. Walz can remember games that have lasted just 45 minutes with a running clock.If youre not playing because your team is up big, are you there cheering for your teammates? Walz said. Are you getting them water when a timeout comes?We like to look for all those intangibles. Its not just about how many points can you score. Its what type of person you are.DeCosta frequently hears from coaches who tell her to play up to potential even in an uneven game.They look for how your courage is, she said.Ayanna Clark, the No. 17 in the class of 2017 and a USC commit, said many of her games at Long Beach Poly are blowouts.Last year, the Jackrabbits went 27-5, winning their league games by a 55-point average margin. Clark generally advises college coaches to see her play during the playoffs instead.But no matter what, Clark finds other ways to get involved.Im always the person whos there to cheer on my team and pick them up, Clark said. I do it either way. It doesnt just have to be a one-way thing when its non-competitive.Clark said its common for college coaches to show up early, perhaps during the junior varsity game, to catch warmups.Walz and his staff try to pick the most competitive games, but he has also found value in evaluating a recruit at practice.I get just as much, if not more, from watching a potential student-athlete practice than I do playing a game, Walz said. I want to find the ones that love to practice.Coaches agree that the EYBL circuit and AAU ranks have created a must-win environment for many teams. Programs are motivated to reach nationals, which makes games more competitive. Blowout games can happen anywhere, though.Ive seen 68-10 AAU games, Walz said. You just have to go and watch and see when theyre up 50, are they still trying to compete and play the hardest? Or do they slack off.Recruits on top-flight programs generally know which games on their schedule will feature the best competition. If a player is not a junior, high school coaches relay vital information about the matchup so that college coaches arent surprised.I can tell them ahead what kind of game it is depending on which team it is, DeCosta said. When you do have those competitive, elite games, just play your best and let it all out there. LaDainian Tomlinson Youth Jersey . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. Dan Fouts Jersey .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. http://www.chargersauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-ladainian-tomlinson-jersey.html . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Antonio Gates Chargers Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Nasir Adderley Womens Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. TROON, Scotland -- Now, Phil Mickelson knows how Jack Nicklaus felt that day at Turnberry.Sometimes, youre just not good enough. Even when you play your best.Mickelson turned in what would normally go down as one of the greatest closing rounds in major championship history -- a bogey-free, 6-under 65 at Royal Troon.Lefty was two shots better than anyone else in the field.Except for one.Henrik Stenson, in an epic match with Mickelson that rivaled the Duel in the Sun at Turnberry in 1977, made 10 birdies -- 10! -- on the way to a 63 that gave the Swede the first major title of his career and the lowest score in the history of the major championships.Mickelson could only shake his head -- hell probably be doing that a lot in the days to come -- as he pondered how Stenson snatched this one away.Its probably the best Ive played and not won, Mickelson said, trying to figure out how a 17-under 267 finished three shots behind Stenson. Thats probably why its disappointing in that I dont have a point where I can look back and say, `I should have done that or `Had I only done this. I played a bogey-free round of 65 on the final round of a major. Usually thats good enough to do it. And I got beat. I got beat by 10 birdies.When the final group stepped to the first tee, the sun broke through the clouds for the first time in three days. That was fitting, as it rekindled memories of a sun-splashed day 39 years ago at another course in the British Open rotation, the one just 25 miles down the Scottish coastline.In a shot-for-shot showdown between two of the games greatest players, Tom Watsons 65 was just good enough to beat Nicklaus 66. The next-closest finisher was 10 strokes behind.It certainly crossed my mind a little bit out there today, that match when Jack and Tom went head to head there in `77, Mickelson said. I know that I wanted to be more of Tom in this case than Jack, but I understand how it feels. Its bittersweet.This one followed much the same script. Stenson began the day with a one-stroke lead, a deficit Mickelson erased with a birdie at the very first hole. They went back and forth from there, pouring in birdie after birdie -- and even an eagle from Lefty at No. 4.Their games were so in sync that, at one hole, they had to consult on who was away. The margin never was more than a single strokee until the 15th hole.dddddddddddd Thats where Stenson finally gained the upper hand, rolling in a 50-foot birdie putt from off the green.Mickelsons last gasp came at the par-5 16th, where a 30-foot eagle try brushed the left side of the cup and stopped, but didnt drop in. Stenson made a matching birdie, pulling off a nifty up-and-down from the thick grass left of the green.Stenson finished it off with another birdie at the final hole, giving him the lowest score in major championship history. The two players gave each other a hug, then walked off the green with their arms around each others shoulders, much as Nicklaus and Watson did on that day at Turnberry.Mickelson gave Stensons wife, Emma, a peck on the cheek, before fading away to let the champion have his moment.Next on the leaderboard was J.B. Holmes, a staggering 11 shots behind the runner-up.Its disappointing to come in second, but Im happy for Henrik, Mickelson said. Ive always thought that he is one of the best ball strikers in the game and that major championships are perfectly suited for him. I knew that he would ultimately come through and win. Im happy that he did. Im disappointed that it was at my expense.At 46, Mickelson knows that his window for winning a sixth major title is beginning to close. As it was, he wouldve been the second-oldest champion in Open history. No one older than 48 has won any major championship.You know, its not like I have decades left of opportunities to win majors, so each one means a lot to me, Mickelson said. I put in my best performance today. Played close to flawless golf and got beat.At least Lefty wont have long to lament his 11th runner-up finish in a major, which is second only to Nicklaus -- theres that name again -- with 19. The PGA Championship begins in less than two weeks at Baltusrol, where Mickelson won that title in 2005.We dont have a month to wait between majors is a good thing for me, Mickelson said. Im excited where my game is at and where its headed.But, he quickly added, Im disappointed that it wasnt enough today.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz