Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
x123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

10.08.2019 12:27
ams struggled offensively in the first half. Mississippi State responded with an 18-6 run to take a 22-20 lead after a dunk by T Antworten

MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins are getting a key player back from the injured list on Monday, although its virtually too late for their playoff chances.The Washington Nationals (88-61) are also trying to get healthy.But the big difference is that the National League East-leading Nationals, who open a three-game series at Marlins Park on Monday, are a sure-fire playoff club and the health status of their players truly matters.Key among those players is right-hander Stephen Strasburg (15-4, 3.60 ERA), who has been out with an elbow injury he suffered on Sept. 7. Strasburg tossed a ball -- lightly -- this weekend for the first time since he got hurt.Strasburg, who has already tied a career high this season with his 15 wins, is needed at the top of the rotation if the Nationals can realistically be expected to make a postseason run.The 28-year-old Strasburg has a 1.10 WHIP, and batters are hitting just .218 against him.While waiting for Strasburg, the Nationals got good news on Sunday when right-hander Joe Ross came off the disabled list.The 23-year-old Ross, who hadnt pitched since July 2 because of a shoulder injury, allowed five hits and one run in three innings against the Atlanta Braves on Sunday. He struck out five.Hes sort of on a spring training schedule right now, Nationals manager Dusty Baker told media members in Atlanta. Lets see how his arm feels before we increase his workload.While Strasburg recuperates and Ross works on getting extended, Washington will start right-hander A.J. Cole (1-2, 4.71) at Miami. It will be his first career start against the Marlins.As for the Marlins (74-75), left-hander Wei-Yin Chen (5-4, 4.99) is set to return off the disabled list to start Mondays game. This will be Chens first appearance since July 20 when he sprained his left elbow.Chen, who replaces rookie Jake Esch in the rotation and moves ace Jose Fernandez back one extra day, will likely be restricted by a pitch count, somewhere around 80.Meanwhile, Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, who suffered a severe groin injury on Aug. 13, returned as a pinch hitter on Sept. 6. On Friday at the Philadelphia Phillies, he played the field for the first time since his injury.Stanton is expected to be back as a starter on Monday as the Marlins are being careful not to overwork him.In Fridays game, he batted second in the order for the first time since 2008, when he played for Class A Greensboro.The reason he hit second was that Marlins manager Don Mattingly, who restricted Stanton to six innings in what became a 4-3 loss in 13 innings, wanted his slugger to get as many at-bats as possible while he was out there.Stanton went 0-for-2 with two walks and a run scored before being replaced by Ichiro Suzuki.Were not out of it, Stanton told media members in Philadelphia this past weekend when asked about the playoff race. Its not going to be easy, but the opportunity is there. As long as I can help, thats what Im here for.Despite Stantons claims, the Marlins were officially eliminated from NL East title contention on Saturday, and their chances of securing a wild-card playoff berth are less than one percent, according to projections.In other storylines:-- Nationals rookie center fielder Trea Turner, a converted shortstop who was the San Diego Padres first-round pick in 2014, continues to be on a remarkable roll.On Saturday, he became the first player in franchise history to post four hits, two steals and score four runs in one game. He is hitting .355 for the season.-- Nationals star right fielder Bryce Harper, a four-time All-Star and an NL MVP last year, had been hitless in his past 17 at-bats before getting a single in his final at-bat on Sunday. He is batting .243 this season.-- The Marlins probably regret not trading for Philadelphia Phillies right-hander Jeremy Hellickson when they had the chance -- according to reports -- at the deadline in July. Hellickson beat the Marlins with a three-hit shutout on Saturday and is 3-1 with a 2.01 ERA in six starts against Miami this season.Instead of Hellickson, the Marlins traded away their top hitting prospect and a possible future closer to get right-hander Andrew Cashner, who has been a disaster with Miami. He has a 5.27 ERA this season and lasted just four innings on Sunday, allowing three runs.Hellickson, who is 12-9 this year with a 3.57 ERA, is a free agent after this season. Perhaps the Marlins can acquire him this winter to make up for their non-move on him in July. Timo Meier Sharks Jersey . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Tim Heed Sharks Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/martin-jones-jersey/ . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. Tomas Hertl Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Melker Karlsson Jersey . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. STARKVILLE, Miss. -- I.J. Ready had 14 and Aric Holman added 13 to lead Mississippi State to a 65-59 win over Northwestern State on Monday night.Ready and Holman combined for 10 of the Bulldogs last 12 points. Northwestern States Zeek Woodley made 5 of 9 on 3-point attempts, and finished with 28 points.Readys two free throws put Mississippi State up 55-54 with 4:05 remaining in the second half and the Bulldogs never trailed again.I am really happy we got the win and we were obviously short-handed tonight, said Mississippi State head coach Ben Howland. We started out in a zone because I was worried about getting in foul trouble. We didnt shoot the ball well either and you never expect Tyson (Carter) to go 0 of 7 (on three pointers). But I am proud of the way Eli Wright defended and rebounded and we just hope to get healthier.In his first college start, Wright scored a career-best 11 points and also led the Bulldogs with seven rebounds.Right before the game Coach Howland came to me and told me I would be starting, said Wright, who was 4 of 5 from the field. I was glad to take advantage of the chance they gave me. I did okay but I couldve been more aggressive. Coach Howland told me to key on my rebounding so I have tried to progress on that.The Demons jumped out to a 14-4 lead in the first six minutes as both teams struggled offensively in the first half. Mississippi State responded with an 18-6 run to take a 22-20 lead after a dunk by Tyson Carter.The first half finished with the Bulldogs and Demons deadlocked at 28-28. Mississippi State shot 40 percent and missed all nine three-pointt attempts in the first half.dddddddddddd.For the game, Northwestern State shot 38.9 percent from the field and made 9 of 21 three pointers. The Demons also out-rebounded Mississippi State 33-31.I am really proud of our kids coming in and competing against a bigger and quicker team, said Northwestern State head coach Mike McConathy. Our Achilles heel was our turnovers and they got 26 points off our (19) turnovers.Mississippi State has 13 turnovers and shot 46.2 percent for the game. The Bulldogs made just 2 of 15 three points and made 15 of 20 free throws.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: Already without leading scorer Quinndary Weatherspoon, the Bulldogs were also missing freshman Lamar Peters on Monday. That resulted in Eli Wrights first career start while walk-on guard Nick Singleton also received his most significant minutes of the year. Singleton finished with five points, his first points of the season.Northwestern State: Mondays contest in Starkville continued the Demons tough non-conference slate, particularly against the SEC. The Demons opened the season against Texas A&M and then faced Oklahoma. The Demons have also faced Missouri this season and have now lost all three outings against the SEC this season.UP NEXTMississippi State: The Bulldogs continue their five-game homestand on Thursday against Oregon State. It will mark the Beavers first time to play at Humphrey Coliseum.Northwestern State: The Demons return home Thursday against LSU-Shreveport. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz