Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

09.06.2019 08:46
ve Rio with medals. Mikulak and Danell Leyva qualified on high bar, and Leyva qualified on parallel bars. But while the U.S. wom Antworten

RIO DE JANIERO -- Earlier this week, the members of the U.S. mens gymnastics team grabbed headlines for asking -- no, begging -- to be objectified for their incredible physiques. It was the only way, they joked, that they could tumble out of the enormous shadow cast by their female counterparts, the Final Five.Maybe [we could] compete with our shirts off, national champion Sam Mikulak said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. People make fun of us for wearing tights. But if they saw how yoked we are, maybe that would make a difference.On Sunday, 25-year-old Alex Naddour found another way to steal attention for the mens team: by becoming the first American man in 32 years to win an Olympic medal on pommel horse.This is exactly what Ive wanted since I was a young kid, to go out and hit a routine and score the highest Ive ever scored [in a competition] outside the U.S., Naddour said. And to do it in the Olympic Games, it doesnt get much better than that.Naddours medal is the first in Rio for the U.S. mens gymansts, who finished a disappointing fifth in the team competition and off the podium in the all-around. Its been a recurring theme for the men since London: perform well during qualification, then crack when medals are on the line. Shortly before Naddours performance on pommel, he watched teammates Mikulak and Jacob Dalton, who qualified first and second on the floor exercise, make mistake after mistake and fall to sixth and eighth, respectively.Moments later, the performance of another U.S. teammate, Simone Biles, inspired Naddour to have the confidence to believe he could stick his routine, despite faltering on the apparatus during the team competition. As Naddour began his warm-up, Biles was on the medal stand receiving her record third gold medal of these Games.It was very inspiring, Naddour said of watching Biles become the first U.S. woman to win Olympic gold on vault. I used that. I heard our national anthem come on, stood up and said, Lets go. Lets keep this rolling. She started it off today, and Im starting it off for the rest of the guys who have finals. I believe in them.On Tuesday, the U.S. men have three more opportunities to leave Rio with medals. Mikulak and Danell Leyva qualified on high bar, and Leyva qualified on parallel bars. But while the U.S. women have the potential to leave Rio with nine medals and are being lauded as a Dream Team, the overall performance of the mens program is begging the question, What next?For an answer, they should look the same direction Naddour did for inspiration: to the women. Over the past 20 years, the U.S. womens gymnastics program has separated itself so far from the rest of the world that the next-best five-woman squad in the world likely could have been comprised of gymnasts the U.S. left at home.U.S. mens team coach Mark Williams has said he wants what the women have. He wasnt talking about their medals as much as their mettle, their unwavering confidence and ability to approach Olympic competition like any other day in the gym. They dont make excuses, dont betray injuries and dont blame one another when something goes wrong.After winning the all-around final and being asked if she feels pressure, three-time gold medalist Simone Biles said, No. When pressed on whether being second after two rotations affected her psyche going into beam, she reiterated her initial answer: Really, I dont feel pressure.Compare Biles response with Jacob Daltons comments after he finished eighth on floor on Sunday.Theres pressure. In qualifying, youre thinking about the team, and today is more about you, Dalton said. I compete better when I compete for the team. The Olympics is hard.That perspective shift is what Williams wishes he could instill in his guys. But its not like the womens recipe is a guarded secret. U.S. team head chef Martha Karolyi will write it down on a white index card for anyone who asks. Shed likely even come to your kitchen and teach you how to properly chop the celery.Without a doubt, womens programs around the world have been taking notes. At the 2015 world championships in Glasgow, Scotland, former Olympic gold medalist Bart Conner said he noticed a change in the type of gymnasts he saw representing countries such as Great Britain and China.They were stronger, more powerful than in the past, he said, noting that it was no accident. They were emulating the Americans, who utilize their strength to pack routines full of difficult skills in order to take advantage of the Code of Points.When will the mens team follow suit? Custom Cardinals Jerseys . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Cheap Cardinals Jerseys . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Wholesale Custom Cardinals Shirts . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Cheap Custom Cardinals Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands.REGINA -- Saskatchewan Roughriders running back Kory Sheets says hes embarrassed by the domestic violence charges that were filed against him earlier this year, but maintains hes ready to move on. Sheets talked to reporters Tuesday for the first time since news of his off-season legal troubles came to light. The charges were first reported by Saskatoon radio station CKOM. "Its something Im not proud of and Im really embarrassed that it happened," Sheets said. "I allowed myself to get put in a situation that wasnt beneficial to the team or myself, and really I just want to get past the situation. "Ive done all my obligations that the team wanted me to do and that the courts had me do and everybodys happy with the outcome." The charges were laid in January stemming from an incident near Tampa, Fla., but the state didnt prosecute the case after Sheets successfully completed a domestic violence program. Sheets diidnt inform the team right away because he wanted to do so in person.dddddddddddd Saskatchewan GM Brendan Taman said Sheets will be disciplined but didnt elaborate further. "Kory knows hes on his last strike with us," Taman said. "Regarding the (teams) code of conduct, every situations different and everything is handled on an individual basis, and Korys got on the wrong side of it right now. "Well see where it goes in the future but I think he knows where he stands." Taman said the team learned of the charges in March. He did not seem upset that Sheets took several weeks to inform the team of his situation. "Im not going to condone what he did in any way, shape or form but I think theres angst on his part to try and figure out what to do before he told us," he said. Sheets ran for 1,277 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie last season. He added 49 catches for 517 yards and two TDs. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz