Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

22.11.2019 14:23
eir experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia i Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Mike Napolis close encounter with the Progressive Field scoreboard Friday night impressed just about everyone who saw it.Except for Napoli, it would seem.The homer, a two-run blast, came in the third inning and landed near the top of the bleachers, a few feet below the scoreboard.To be honest you dont really feel it off the bat, he said of his 462-foot blast, one of five Cleveland home runs in a 10-2 rout over the New York Yankees. I dont know. I cant really explain it. I swing hard.While Napoli shrugged it off, the reaction among his teammates was far more animated. Several players in the dugout pointed to where the ball landed and shook their heads in disbelief.Oh my gosh, we havent seen a batting practice one go there, said Jason Kipnis, who homered twice. That was fun one to watch.Wow, I dont know how you hit a ball that far, Indians manager Terry Francona said.Mark McGwire, playing for Oakland, is the only player to hit the scoreboard in the ballparks 22-year history on April 30, 1997. Jim Thome hit the longest home run, traveling 511 feet, on July 3, 1999.Carlos Santana and Lonnie Chisenhall also hit home runs, giving Cleveland a season-high five in one game.All-Star Corey Kluber (9-8) allowed one run -- Brian McCanns solo homer -- in eight innings. Kluber gave up five hits, struck out eight and didnt walk a batter.Rookie Chad Green (1-2) allowed all four homers and was charged with seven runs in 4 1/3 innings.The AL-Central leading Indians bounced back from Thursdays 5-4 loss that ended when a replay review overturned a call that would have loaded the bases with two outs.Cleveland left no doubt about Fridays game.Santana and Kipnis started the first with home runs, coming on Greens first eight pitches. Chisenhall added a two-run homer.Two doesnt mean youve got the game won but it sure sets the tone, Francona said. It was nice to spread it out.Napolis fifth-inning single gave him three RBI while Kipnis homered again in the seventh.Kluber, added to the AL All-Star team Thursday, bounced back from a rocky start against Toronto on Sunday when he allowed five runs in 3 1/3 innings.To go out there and get four runs in the first inning is a nice cushion but they poured it on and didnt really stop, he said.Man, hes good, New York first baseman Mark Teixeira said. Hes a Cy Young for a reason. Hes an All-Star for a reason, just carving us up.Manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira, who left in the sixth inning, wont play Saturday in order to rest his troublesome right knee.McCann homered in the sixth and had both RBI for the Yankees, who are 3-5 on a 10-game trip going into the All-Star break.Carlos Beltran, still nursing a sore hamstring, was 1 for 4 as the designated hitter while Alex Rodriguez didnt play for the third straight game.HOT TICKETThe crowd of 34,045 was the Indians third sellout and second of their seven-game homestand. The team is expecting near-sellouts Saturday and Sunday.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: OF Michael Brantley (sore right shoulder) took batting practice for the second straight day and could begin a minor league rehab assignment during the All-Star break.UP NEXTYankees: LHP CC Sabathia, who faces the Indians on Saturday, has struggled in his last three starts, allowing 17 runs, including four homers, in 17 1/3 innings. Hes 5-6 with a 3.48 ERA in 14 starts.Indians: RHP Danny Salazar, an AL All-Star, makes his final start before the break Saturday. His 2.36 ERA is the best in the league and fourth lowest in the majors. Salazar is 10-3 in 15 starts. Joe Morgan Jersey . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Sal Bando Jersey . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/ . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Josh Phegley Jersey . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Matt Chapman Jersey . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears were struggling to complete a pass, let alone find the end zone.Good thing for them, they were playing the 49ers.Jordan Howard ran for 117 yards and a career-high three touchdowns and the Bears handed San Francisco its 11th straight loss, 26-6 on a snowy Sunday.The 49ers (1-11) extended their franchise-record losing streak and set a club low with 6 yards net passing on a day when Colin Kaepernick got lifted for Blaine Gabbert.The Bears (3-9) finished with a season high in points and picked up a rare win in a matchup between two of the NFLs worst teams.It does feel good, coach John Fox said. Hats off to those guys in that locker room. ... Different guys had to step in and did a very nice job.Matt Barkley , making his second start with Jay Cutler sidelined by a season-ending shoulder injury, went nearly the entire first half without a completion.But he adjusted his arm angle because of the conditions, led a touchdown drive near the end of the second quarter and finished 11 of 18 for 192 yards. By the end of the game, his confidence was soaring.Probably at an all-time high in this league, said Barkley, drafted by Philadelphia in 2013 when Chip Kelly was coaching the Eagles. Just knowing that I can play, that we can make plays as an offense.Howard , who came in with two rushing touchdowns, scored on a 1-yard run near the end of the first half.A fifth-round draft pick from Indiana, he added a 2-yard touchdown on the opening drive of the third and a 5-yard run midway through the quarter.Howards three rushing TDs are tied for the second-most by a Bears rookie in a game. Willie Galimore (1957) and Rashaan Salaam (1995) also did it. The only Bears rookie to rush for more in a game was Hall of Famer Gale Sayers in 1965.Leonard Floyd and Akiem Hicks each had two sacks to help Chicago stop a three-game slide.STREAK CONTINUESThe 49ers havent won since they shut out Los Angeles in the opener, and its not clear who will start at quarterback next week against the Jets.Kelly wasnt tipping his hand. Kaepernick said the switch surprised him.Its not my place to really argue on the sideline, said Kaepernick, who found out from quarterbacks coach Ryan Day. I want to make sure I do what I can to help this team win and that was the decision that was made so I am going to support my teammates.ddddddddddddKaepernick completed just 1 of 5 passes for 4 yards and was sacked five times. He also ran for 20 yards on six attempts before Gabbert replaced him in the fourth quarter.Gabbert was 4 of 10 for 35 yards and sacked for a safety near the end of the game.Carlos Hyde ran for 92 yards, but the 49ers slide continued.ROUGH STARTThe Bears led 7-6 after a first half that was ugly.Neither team completed a pass in the first quarter -- something that hadnt happened in an NFL game since the Jets and Patriots did it on Nov. 13, 1988, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.San Francisco had minus-14 yards passing in the half and didnt get a completion until Kaepernick connected with Vance McDonald on a 4-yarder midway through the second quarter.Barkley went almost the entire half without one before completing four for 64 yards on a touchdown drive that gave Chicago a 7-6 lead.He finally hit Deonte Thompson with a short pass with 1:43 remaining. Two completions to Cameron Meredith -- a 28-yarder and 17-yarder -- put the ball on the San Francisco 12. And Howard ran it in from the 1 to give Chicago a 7-6 lead with 31 seconds left after Tramaine Brock got flagged for pass interference against Daniel Brown in the end zone.QUOTABLEI was just watching how the ball was coming off his hands and what our chances were completing it. -- Kelly on the lack of pass calls for Kaepernick.INJURIESBears WR Marquess Wilson left with a strained groin. ... C Cody Whitehair rolled his ankle early in the fourth quarter when he got pushed back and fell awkwardly over Howard. He returned to the game and said he was fine. ... Floyd was back in the lineup after missing a game because of a concussion. ... LG Josh Sitton was active but did not start after missing a game because of a right ankle injury. ... WR Alshon Jeffery served the third game of a four-game suspension for violating the NFLs policy on performance enhancers, while LB Jerrell Freeman served his second game.UP NEXT49ers: Host New York Jets on Sunday.Bears: Visit Detroit on Sunday.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz