Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

15.08.2019 06:59
re. Of the 23 managers inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame, there are 11 who have fewer wins than Baker, including Dodgers leg Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Dusty Baker is one of only two African-American managers in Major League Baseball. He wants to be the first one in the Hall of Fame.I thought about it when I started passing guys that were already in the Hall of Fame, the Nationals manager said after his teams Tuesday afternoon workout in Washington, D.C. Every day in Cincinnati, I was passing somebody that was in the Hall of Fame already, so yeah, Id like to be the first African-American manager in the Hall of Fame.Now in his 21st season as a manager, Baker ranks second among active managers and 17th all-time with 1,766 career wins. Among current skippers, only San Franciscos Bruce Bochy (1,789) has more. Of the 23 managers inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame, there are 11 who have fewer wins than Baker, including Dodgers legend Tommy Lasorda, who spent his first eight seasons managing Baker during his playing days in Los Angeles.Rookie skipper Dave Roberts is the only other active African-American manager. Roberts Dodgers and Bakers Nationals will square off in the National League Division Series starting this Friday in Washington, D.C.Hes where I was 20 years ago, Baker said of Roberts on Tuesday. Im happy for him, big-time. I know him, but I really dont know him. I know him from across the field, and I know him from one of my players, Rich Aurilia. He and Rich Aurilia are wine owners, like I am. They dont grow grapes, but we both make wine. Hes always a pleasant guy, hes a very bright, young man, but hes in the way.Custom Arsenal Jerseys . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Mesut Ozil Jersey . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. http://www.footballarsenalstore.com/Women-Sead-Kolasinac-Arsenal-Fc-Jersey/ . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Aaron Ramsey Arsenal Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Alexandre Lacazette Jersey . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home.Andy Murray will know things will not be easy for him in the opening Monte Carlo Masters quarter-final against Milos Raonic, live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Friday.His Canadian opponent took him to five sets in the Australian Open semi-final earlier this year and has three wins to Murrays four when the pair have faced each other over the years.Raonic, however, may be hampered by a troublesome adductor muscle which he tore earlier in the year. The 25-year-old was forced to call for a medical time-out just as he was about to serve to stay in the match in his third set against qualifier Damir Dzumhur on Thursday.After a massage, Raonic was able to hold his serve and gingerly take the tie break to win 6-4 3-6 7-6(5). Highlights of British number one Andy Murrays round three match against Benoit Paire at the Monte Carlo Masters Murray is the tournament favourite following Novak Djokovics shock defeat to Czech world No 55 Jiri Vesely on Wednesday,Djokovics conqueror Vesely went down tamely 6-1 6-2 to Frenchman Gael Monfils, who now faces Spaniard Marcel Granollers on Friday. Sixteenth seed Monfils is favourite to win but Granollers leads the pair in head-to-head contests 3-1 and has not defeated the Spaniard since 2009.One to watchRafael Nadal won a staggering eight Monte Carlo titles in a row between 2005 and 2012, but has just one final appearance to showw from his last three visits.ddddddddddddOnce nigh-on unplayable on clay, Nadal has struggled to rediscover consistent form and keep clear of injury in the past two years and faces fourth seed Stan Wawrinka in the second quarter-final. Rafael Nadal serves to Dominic Thiem What promises to be an enthralling tussle could well see crowd favourite Nadal, who has looked good so far this tournament, beaten by his Swiss opponent, who will be seeking his second Monte Carlo title.Wawrinka conquered Nadal in the 2014 Australian Open final to claim the first of his two Grand Slams, and is reigning French Open champion having defeated Djokovic in the climax on the same surface at Roland Garros,Since losing his first 12 matches against Nadal, Wawrinka has won three of their past five encounters.Surprise in storeRoger Federer leads Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 11-5 in head-to-heads but the sometimes mercurial Frenchman can raise his game to heights that will trouble the Swiss holder of 17 Grand Slam titles.Federer has at times appeared back to his best as he has cruised through the early rounds at Monte CarloThe pair faced each other at this stage two years ago and on that occasion Federer won 2-6 7-6(6) 6-1.But the last time they met, in that years Canadian Masters final, Tsonga took the honours with a 7-5 7-6(3) victory.In case you missed itMurray had to fight back from the brink of defeat after being broken in the final set by Benoit Paire before breaking back to eventually win 2-6 7-5 7-5.Fifth seed Nadal had a tough first set before defeating a battling Dominic Thiem 7-5 6-3 to set up his quarter-final against Wawrinka.You can watch all the action from Monte Carlo, live on Sky Sports 1 from 9.30am on Friday morning.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices.Also See:ATP scheduleTennis on SkyLatest scoresGet a NOW TV passVideo ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz