Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

11.08.2019 03:59
to start," Martin said following practice during the teams three-day mandatory minicamp. "Theres a lot of room to improve. Its Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Manager Ned Yost called it just another day.It wasnt. It was Yosts 62nd birthday on Friday, but he had to wait until Saturday morning to celebrate the Kansas City Royals 5-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins in 11 innings.It was the hat trick: three-hour, three-minute rain delay, 12-minute delay for a lights malfunction and extra innings.Guys pulled up a truck last night (Thursday) and they probably had too much to drink and they wanted me to go out and have a beer with them after the game, Yost said. I said, no guys. Im sorry. A (guy) said, Well, its my birthday. I said, good, happy birthday, mine is tomorrow. And they said really.Yost asked them how old he looks?They said, You look 50-51, Yost said. I said, OK, good. You guys go have a good time and stay out of trouble.Yost could have had a happier birthday if starter Edinson Volquez maintained a 4-1 lead in the fifth inning with three quick outs, which would have made it an official game. Instead, Volquez retired only one of the five batters he faced, and yielded three runs, three doubles and a single.The Royals have won six straight, equaling their longest winning streak of the season.Right-hander Ian Kennedy will start for the Royals on Saturday and the Twins will counter with left-hander Hector Santiago.Kennedy is 1-0 with a 0.95 ERA in his first three August starts. He has not won since June 26 at Kauffman Stadium.Santiago, who was acquired Aug. 1 from the Los Angeles Angels for Ricky Nolasco and Alex Meyer, is 0-3 with a 9.42 ERA in his first three Twins starts. Santiago has allowed 16 runs (15 earned) and 21 hits, including four home runs, three walks and a hit batter in 14 1/3 innings.The Royals beat up Santiago on Saturday at Target Field. He was pulled after four innings, surrendering seven runs and nine hits. With the bullpen worn out after five relievers were utilized in the extra-inning loss, Twins manager Paul Molitor is hoping Santiago can give them several innings.He said he will talk to pitching coach Neil Allen about who might not be available for Saturday. That would include right-hander Ryan Pressly, who required 45 pitches to get through two innings. Left-hander Taylor Rogers threw 23 pitches in 1 2/3 innings and is probably iffy.Ill have to talk to Neil and try to measure whos available and how much we can get from people, Molitor said. Theres going to be some people not available, so, come on, Hector.Molitor said they debated on sending Pressly out for another inning.I thought a little bit about tomorrow and Sunday, but we had a chance to win a game and if he was OK I was going to let him go out there, Molitor said. Sure enough, he had a long inning, some long at-bats, and he got up there past the 40s and I wanted to make sure he was OK.We were able to give him a few days rest prior to today, but he wanted that last hitter and he was able to get him out. That was a pick-me-up at the time for him to get through two for us. David Ospina Colombia Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Andres Felipe Roa Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. http://www.nationalcolombiafootball.com/felipe-aguilar-colombia-jersey/ . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. Cristian Zapata Colombia Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Frank Fabra Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead.TAMPA, Fla. -- Doug Martin doesnt believe in the so-called sophomore jinx. Tampa Bays second-year running back rushed for 1,454 yards and scored 12 touchdowns as a rookie, and the Buccaneers believe hes capable of performing even better in 2013. Especially with two of the teams best players -- guards Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph -- returning from injuries to strengthen the offensive line. Martin finished third in the NFL behind Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson with 1,926 total yards from scrimmage in 2012. He was fourth in rushing behind Peterson, Alfred Morris, Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Charles after being selected with the 31st overall pick of last years draft. Now, hes eager to build on that success. "Im more confident in what Im doing out there. I cant wait for the season to start," Martin said following practice during the teams three-day mandatory minicamp. "Theres a lot of room to improve. Its the second year in this system," the former Boise State standout said. "Getting a second year under our belt, everyone looks pretty comfortable." The Bucs traded up to select the 5-foot-9, 215-pound Martin late in the first round of the draft, confident that he had the size and toughness to be an every-down back as a pro. After a relatively quiet first six weeks of his rookie season, Martin burst into the spotlight with a 29-carry, 135-yard performance in a nationally televised Thursday night game against Petersons Minnesota Vikings. He also turned one of his three pass receptions into a 64-yard touchdown. The following week he averaged 10 yards per carry while running for 251 yards and four TDs to key another road victory at Oakland. The team-record output included touchdown bursts of 45, 67 and 70 yards, making him the first player in NFL history to score three rushing TDs of 45 or more yards in the same game. "Every day he comes in and gives it his best," quarterback Josh Freeman said, adding the return this season of Nicks and Joseph, should give Martin a chance to be even more effective in 2013. "Having Carl and Davin back and healthy, thats going to make a huge diffference," Freeman added.dddddddddddd"Im not saying youre expecting a drop-off or anything, but those are two All Pro-calibre guys coming back, and I know theyre really hungry, really eager to get back on the field." The soft-spoken running backs success as a rookie may have surprised some people, but not coach Greg Schiano, who has likened Martins style to that of Baltimores Ray Rice, who played for Schiano at Rutgers. As part of his preparation for the upcoming season, Martin has been watching film of some of the all-time great NFL running backs, including Jim Brown and Walter Payton. "Theyre relentless runners," Martin said. "What I learn from watching them is it took three or four guys to bring them down. Dont let one guy bring you down, just always run hard." As good as Martin was as a rookie, Schiano said he -- and the entire offence for that matter -- figures to benefit from a second year in the Bucs system. "Absolutely," Schiano said. "If you look at him, I think he looks better now than he did this time last year -- physically, understanding-wise, all those things. I think theres another level for him for sure." Freeman became Tampa Bays first 4,000-yard passer in 2012, Vincent Jackson had 72 receptions for 1,384 and eight touchdowns, and Martin had five 100-yard games and broke the teams rookie rushing record. To cap it off, Martin was selected to play in the Pro Bowl. "Being a rookie, it was crazy seeing all those vets. Youve got the Manning brothers, Drew Brees, everybody. It was crazy," Martin said, adding one of the highlights of the trip was "just hanging out with the guys" and practicing with players such as Peterson, Lynch and Larry Fitzgerald. His stellar first season also has made him more recognizable around the Tampa Bay area. "That comes with the game and being successful on the field," he said of fan reaction to him in public. "I say: Thank you very much, thank you very much. At the same time youve got to brush it off because youve got to get back out on the field and do it again." ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz