Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

11.08.2019 03:56
rt of the legacy of these first Olympics in South America, where some events were raucous and others seemed downright sleepy. De Antworten

TROON, Scotland -- Jason Day is more motivated by failure than success, which helps explain how he reached No. 1 in the world.And it all started last year at the British Open.Day had never felt so calm in the midst of such raging emotion that being in contention at a major can bring. He had an innate sense that it would all work out in his favor, right up until the moment that it didnt.He had a 30-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole at St. Andrews to get into a playoff. It was right on line. And he left it short.But it was that moment he realized he was good enough to win majors, and that he would win them if he had more chances. Three weeks later, he won the PGA Championship with such a dominant display of power that he became the first player to finish at 20-under par in a major.Six weeks later, he reached No. 1 for the first time.It was kind of, I guess, the start of my run where everything kind of changed my world, Day said.The 28-year-old Aussie arrived at Royal Troon on the weekend and headed out to a links course he had never seen, playing in a wind he might not see the rest of the week.The intrigue of Troon is that the shorter nine going out typically is with the wind, while the stronger, longer holes coming back are into the wind. It was the other way around over the weekend, and it began to shift on Monday on the first official day of practice with 25 mph (40 kph) gusts straight off the Irish Sea.In the last five days, the forecast has changed dramatically, defending champion Zach Johnson said. And my guess is, it could change again.The forecast for Day has a little more clarity.He has finished out of the top 10 only twice in his nine tournaments dating to March. What he brings to the Ayrshire coast of Scotland is more motivation -- his last golfing memory was more failure.Day appeared to be firmly in control at the World Golf Championship in Ohio two weeks ago until he three-putted for bogey on the 15th hole, made a mess of the par-5 16th hole on his way to a double bogey, and wound up three shots behind U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson.I learn more when I fail than when I win, Days. Were not going to win every single one. Even though I dont like losing, it was great to be able to learn something from that and turn this into what I would say a learning experience. ... It was really bad. It was a terrible way to lose, and it was frustrating and disappointing. But things like this, you cant win them all.He said the Tiger Woods era spoiled golf fans into believing everyone should win tournaments when given a chance, and no one was better at that than Woods. Seventy times around the world, Woods had at least a share of the 54-hole lead. He won 60 of them.Thats what Im shooting for, to be able to finish off like he did back in the day, he said. Will I ever get to a point like that? Maybe not. But thats what Im shooting for right now.As a kid, Day said the two biggest tournaments were the Masters and the British Open. Australians have a long history with the claret jug, dating to Peter Thomson winning five times and Greg Norman winning twice. Day was only a year old when Norman closed with a 64 at Royal Troon, only to hit his drive on the final hole of the playoff so far that it went into a pot bunker and ended his chances.Norman still has his name on the jug twice. Woods, whom Day seeks out for advice in golf, is on there three times.Coming so close last year was definitely a motivational factor in that I would love to one day hold the claret jug and be able to put my name down in history with the best that have ever lived and played the game, he said.The jug for the last year belonged to Johnson, who poured wine from it one last time on Sunday night at a house he is sharing with players. Johnsons first duty Monday morning was to give it back to R&A chief Martin Slumbers outside the clubhouse at Royal Troon.It was bittersweet, Johnson said. More sweet, but the fact that youve got to give it back, you know its coming. I guess a portion of that sweetness is you still have an opportunity to get it back. Fake Yeezys 350 V3 . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Fake Yeezy Boost 350 .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. http://www.fakeyeezy350.com/ .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Fake Yeezys 350 2020 Online . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Cheap Yeezy Boost 350 V2 .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The taekwondo competition at the Rio Games on Thursday morning was sold out. Not a single seat was left for grabs at the 10,000-capacity arena, where fans spent between $21 and $43 to gain access.But the arena never totally filled.The crowds, or lack thereof, will unquestionably be part of the legacy of these first Olympics in South America, where some events were raucous and others seemed downright sleepy. Despite organizers insistence that most tickets were sold, it wasnt uncommon to see Usain Bolt running in a stadium that had perhaps more empty blue chairs than fans -- even after he took to Twitter with a video urging people to buy tickets.Make sure you buy tickets and come out and watch, Bolt said. Its going to be great.Bolt has more than 4 million Twitter followers. Most of them, apparently, werent listening.When U.S. 1,500-meter runner Jenny Simpson won bronze earlier this week, the track stadium was maybe 25 percent filled. She noticed but insisted it didnt take away from her moment.The physical crowd that is there never compares to the people that you took along the journey with you, and theyre watching through their television screens and certainly now the internet, Simpson said. So the physical presence doesnt excite or deter.Rio Games officials insist that more than 80 percent of all available tickets were sold and that their goals on that front will be met. But that stat hasnt passed the eye test throughout the Games, and an Associated Press review of the remaining 100 event sessions starting Thursday afternoon showed roughly half -- including the closing ceremony, the womens soccer gold-medal match and all remaining sessions in track and field -- had tickets remaining.I got tickets for wrestling because they were the lowest price, said Luiz Hernandez, a Colombian who was with friends inside Olympic Park this week. We got them to come in here and hang out. We wound up giving them away because we just wanted to be in here.Hernandez said he paid 160 Brazilian real for four wrestling tickets, or about $49. His girlfriend, he said, spent at least 10 times that much in the Olympic Megastore --which, without those tickets, their group would not have been able to access.In other words, they spent a little money so they could spend a lot of money. And they waited an hour in line just to get in the crammed store inside Olympic Park, where crowds have been sizable throughout the Games. (Throughout Brazil, there are morre than 100 other stores, all smaller than the one in Olympic Park, selling Games souvenirs and open to the public.dddddddddddd)Shes happy, Hernandez said.Theres been no shortage of theories -- or excuses, depending on perspective -- about the empty seats in Rio. Some events start too early; others start too late. Some tickets were too expensive. Too many sports seemed foreign to Brazilians. Blocks of seats ordinarily set aside for international fans either werent sold or claimed. Traffic scared away locals. Would-be visitors were scared away by pre-Olympic stories of disease, dirty water and crime.Theyre probably all valid factors, on some level.Combine that with how Rio organizers say 11 percent of the advance-purchased tickets -- and 55 percent of the tickets given out for free to needy kids in the Rio area -- werent used, and its easy to see how the crowds became an issue.I dont want to go too long into this because it might sound as an excuse, Rio Games spokesman Mario Andrada said. I believe we faced this issue without looking for excuses but rather looking for explanations.But Andrada said the Games broke the financial target for sales even while the attendance numbers lagged, something he attributed to high-priced tickets getting sold early to marquee events.Numbers mislead, Andrada said.The cheapest available ticket to track and field Thursday morning was about $31, the most expensive about $109 -- and for the night session, with Bolt set to try for a third straight gold in the 200-meter dash, the top price was nearly $300. For diving, the prices ranged from $75 on the low end for the morning session, $281 on the high end for the afternoon session. Plenty of those seats were available.But for volleyball, a sport wildly popular among Brazilians, tickets were gone even with a steep price. The best seats for the mens beach final Thursday night were all sold at $375 each.The mens gold-medal soccer match at Maracana had a top ticket value of around $300; that was also sold out, organizers said. But the closing ceremony might have empty seats -- the two cheapest levels of tickets ($62, $187) have all been sold, but the three most expensive tiers ($437, $655 and $936) all were available.Officials steadfastly insist empty seats wont hurt Rios legacy.We cannot regret something, Andrada said, that we cannot fix. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz