Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
x123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

10.08.2019 12:26
hip silver in the last 12 months alone.Were desperate to be on top of the podium but I dont think sailing is a sport that you ca Antworten

All-Star selection confirmed. His position atop the scoring charts deepening. One could mistakenly presume Marco Di Vaio feels his transformation from the player who showed up in Montreal late last May (only managing five goals in 17 appearances last season) is almost complete. Hold your horses. "The first year was difficult for me because I arrived after playing a season in Italy and my body was not ready to play more," explained Di Vaio to TSN.ca following training Thursday. "This year I did the pre-season which was very good for me, for the team. We dont finish nothing yet, now we have to work hard until the playoffs." For a player who the Impact faithful have firmly taken to their bosom since serenading him on his arrival at Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport late last spring, its hard to imagine a Montreal Impact without Marco Di Vaio. Well, if it wasnt for the persistence of Joey Saputo and Nick De Santis, its extremely likely Di Vaio would not have become an Impact player in the first place. When the Impacts President and Sporting Director flew to Italy in late January 2012, they knew they were going to meet a reluctant Marco Di Vaio. "I met Joey and Nick in Italy when I was playing with Bologna before that I spoke with them two or three times but I was not convinced to go and play in MLS," Di Vaio disclosed. Impact DP storm clouds were gathering. Even the very reliable Italian weather wasnt working in Saputos or De Santis favor. Due to a freak snowstorm in the region, Bolognas match against Fiorentina was postponed. Thankfully their scheduled meeting didnt fall victim as well. "After I met with Joey and Nick I take the decision to come. I understood them as two very good guys," he said. "They convinced me when I met them in Italy. "We spoke about the life, the kids everything and afterwards I made the decision to come." Anyone who has watched Di Vaios reaction after scoring at Saputo Stadium will witness him kiss his wedding band finger and without batting an eyelid instinctively look over to the grandstand where he knows his family is seated. The look on the Impact strikers face at that very moment tells you all you need to know what Di Vaios first and foremost priority is. "We are Family" may as well be booming out of the Stade Saputo PA system. "Surprised," was how Mrs. Di Vaio reacted when her husband informed he would be continuing his career in Montreal. "I did not know the city, when I came the first time last year," he explained. "It was a surprise for my family after we found the house day-by-day things went better and we are very happy about the decision." Then came hint of what has driven Di Vaio to the MLS promised land this season and what the future may hold. "I enjoy every day because I know maybe this is the last year I play football and for me every day I enjoy going to the field and Im very happy because I have a chance to play more for a person of my age," he said. Joint top goal scorer in the conversation for the best player in the league, Di Vaio leaves little doubt of what he attributes this to after his extremely poor debut showing in 2012. "I know my teammates better," he said. "I know the league better and this year I did the preseason." A very personal mission in mind, Di Vaio - the consummate professional - was the very first player to arrive back in Montreal ahead of training camp. "I worked hard in January and February with the team because I want to do something special for Joey and the fans this season," he added. Something special happened to Di Vaio on Thursday and Saputo could not have been more pleased with his DPs All-Star selection, tweeting the news ahead of official confirmation. "Greetings @divaio9 for your selection to the 2013 all-star game," he typed. "First Impact player to make the MLS All Star team." Much to the annoyance of some possibly, where feasible Saputo has always seen to it the clubs supporters are first to receive such news. As a native son of the Italian capital, MLS could not have chosen a more surreal All-Star opponent for Di Vaio. For good measure, he just so happened to make his Serie A debut for AS Romas cross town rivals Lazio – the club Di Vaio has supported since childhood. Script that, Hollywood. Di Vaios take on it? "Strange - When I came here last year I never think I am going to play against an Italian team, especially Roma. Very strange for me as I am a fan of Lazio from when I was young." Then there is the very considerable Totti factor. "Strange for me because I get to play against my friend Francesco Totti in Kansas City," he explained. Totti harbors serious thoughts of joining his fellow Roman in North America, with Di Vaio confirming the possibility that one of the most gifted footballers of this generation could be suited and booted in MLS when his Roma contract expires in less than a year. "Yes, I spoke with him because he is maybe curious to come," he said. "He spoke with me when we were in Miami on holiday. Hes curious to come. Maybe we speak again when we play in Kansas City." And this is no idle chatter. Totti has spent 20 loyal years proudly wearing the Roma shirt. As he deals with an increasing number of his Serie A brethren chatting him up on all things Major League Soccer, hopefully someone is picking up Di Vaios cell phone bill. "A lot of players call me and ask me about the MLS," he said. "About the life, about everything." With Di Vaios highlight reel season - which really does put to bed the incorrect perception technically gifted players cant cut the jib of a so termed physical MLS - the man from Rome has become a defacto Italian Ambassador for MLS. Fully focused on the task at hand driving the club to a playoff spot, Di Vaio has let the club know he will not entertain talks of extending his current deal until the season ends. No talks have yet taken place or are scheduled. "I want to speak when I finish the season," he said. "I want to take a few days to think about my body, about the next year. I will take a few days after the season and take this decision with my family and the club." Di Vaio will celebrate his 37th birthday on Monday. Since the Impact were granted an MLS franchise back in May 2009, Saputo has been consistent with stating he will only sign DPs who want to be in Montreal and as importantly, willing to make meaningful contributions off the pitch. To get a sense of how this has played out, you only have to a look at a highly personal feature on Di Vaio: The Family Man which was published on the clubs website Thursday. Now add in Di Vaios vivid third plural Habs recollections. "I went to the first game of the season against Toronto and we lose 2-1," Di Vaio enthusiastically revealed when asked if he had taken in any Bell Centre action. "Then I went back against Boston. It was a big game, great ambiance and we won 2-1. It was amazing." Whats that about when in Rome do as the Romans do. Fully convinced by Saputo and De Santis - Di Vaio felt so compelled to the Montreal cause, he sent an advanced party in the not too inconsiderable form of Matteo Ferrari ahead of his own arrival. Then for good measure, childhood friend Alessandro Nesta who, after starring with Di Vaio in a suburban Rome kids team, went on to carve out quite the glittering career for himself. Nesta, of course, joined the club a few weeks after flying up from his Miami home late last June to take in the MLS debut of the Impact DP. "I came, my friends too - Alessandro and Matteo. We came to play, to help the club to improve it for next year." Call it Mission Montreal. "For us it is easy here in Montreal because the culture comes from Europe," he explained. "France, England, Italy. Now we try help the club improve every day with our experience." Mission almost accomplished? You can reach and follow Noel Butler at:Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel on Twitter New York Red Bulls vs. Montreal Impact – Live TSN2 Saturday, 7pm et/4pm pt Shaquille ONeal Suns Jersey . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Deandre Ayton Jersey . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. http://www.officialsunsfanstore.com/jason-kidd-suns-jersey/ . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Charles Barkley Jersey . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Richaun Holmes Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. BIRMINGHAM, England -- Great Britain sailor Hannah Mills is hoping Wales remarkable run to the Euro 2016 last four is not the summers only sporting success story to have its roots in the principality.Wales is currently basking in the achievement of Chris Colemans side, with the 27,500 tickets sold for the Principality Stadium screening of Wednesdays semifinal against Portugal an indicator of how football has grabbed the attention of a traditionally rugby-obsessed country.It seems Cardiff native Mills -- who won a silver medal alongside Saskia Clark in the womens 470 at the London Olympics four years ago and is aiming to go one better in Rio next month -- is no exception.Its so inspirational, she told ESPN. Its such a cool story, what theyve done as a team, and I just feel really proud right now to be Welsh.Mills is quietly confident that her and Clark can add Olympic gold to their burgeoning collection of medals when they compete in what will be their final regatta as a pair.Clark is due to retire once their involvement at the Marina da Gloria is over, thus ending a five-year partnership that has yielded three World Cup gold medals and a world championship silver in the last 12 months alone.Were desperate to be on top of the podium but I dont think sailing is a sport that you can go to the Games and that be your only objective, she added. It is so tough, and the conditions can just not go your way on a day when they really need to.ddddddddddddSo, the goal is to just perform, as a team, as well as we can and we feel confident if we do that well be in with a really good shout.Given the success that Clark and Mills have enjoyed as a team it is not surprising that the latter feels uncertain about her post-Olympic future.Mills insists she will take her time before deciding whether to plough on towards Tokyo 2020 without her teammate, but says that gold in Rio would not necessarily convince her to call time on her own career in the water.I cant decide which way either [winning gold or not in Rio] would make me feel, she said. [If I] win a gold medal I might be more tempted to carry on just because there might be more opportunities sponsor-wise -- which makes it a lot easier.Mills added: Finishing with Sask will be quite tough, weve had an amazing journey together for five years and I dont know if Id want to do it with anyone else.It would be so bizarre. Also I feel quite excited about new challenges in life. I think Ill definitely spend a year exploring other things and finding out what I might do once I stop being an athlete. I think thats quite important.And who knows after that? ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz