Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

20.07.2019 04:01
ate and sat out the 2015-16 season in compliance with transfer rules.Penn: the Quakers are 65-95 all-time against ACC schools. S Antworten

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- JaQuan Newton shook off his first half shooting woes and helped lead Miami to another early-season win.Newton scored 16 of his game-high 18 points in the second half as the Hurricanes defeated Penn, 74-62, on Saturday afternoon.My approach was the same way as the first half, Newton said. Unfortunately, I wasnt making any shots in the first half. I just wanted to take better shots in the second half, open shots to get me going.After shooting 1 of 8 from the field in the first half, Newton converted five of his eight attempts and five-of-six free throws in the second half.The Hurricanes (3-0) were never threatened after a 16-3 run midway through the second half. Consecutive 3-pointers from D.J. Valsijevic and Bruce Brown capped the surge and increased Miamis lead to 59-38 with 10:28 remaining in the half.That was definitely the tale of two halves, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said. In the first half we were challenging the defense rather than attacking and sharing the ball. I tried to explain to the team at halftime we werent finding the open man.Brown finished with 15 points and Davon Reed, Valsijevic and Dewan Huell scored 11 points each for the Hurricanes, who experienced their first deficit of the season when the Quakers ran off eight unanswered points for an 8-4 lead early in the game. Miami opened the season with lopsided victories over Western Carolina and North Florida.It was good for us, Larranaga said of Penns early lead. It was a good challenge -- a very different kind of team. You can see how they move on offense. They really share the ball.Playing a team like that is very different than playing the teams weve played so far and even some of the teams were going to play a little later on in the season.A.J. Brodeur scored 16 points to lead the Quakers (1-1). Caleb Wood shot 4-of-5 from the field and was Penns second double figure scorer with 11 points.I liked how we competed, particularly in the first half, Penn coach Steve Donahue said. We got very casual during that stretch with the ball that they made that big run put it up by 20. But besides that I thought we competed.STARTER SIDELINED: Miami sophomore center Ebuka Izundu sat out Saturdays game because of a sprain to his lower left extremity he suffered in Miamis victory over North Florida on Wednesday. Larranaga said he will know better on Izundus status Monday.ROOKIE CONTRIBUTIONS: Huell and Valsijevic continue to contribute offensively. The freshmen have scored in double figures in Miamis first three games.BIG PICTUREMiami: junior guard Rashad Muhammad served the final game of his three-game suspension because of a violation of team rules. Muhammad played his first two seasons at San Jose State and sat out the 2015-16 season in compliance with transfer rules.Penn: the Quakers are 65-95 all-time against ACC schools. Saturdays game was Penns first against a school from the conference since its 85-55 loss against Duke on January 1, 2012. The Quakers last victory against an ACC opponent was their 79-74 victory over Georgia Tech November 19, 2001.UP NEXTMiami: the Hurricanes will face Stanford in the first round of the AdvoCare Invitational Thanksgiving Day in Orlando. Tip-off is at 2:30 p.m. Miami and Stanford previously met in the 2015 NIT Championship, which the Cardinal won, 66-64, in overtime.Penn: the Quakers continue their heavy early-season road schedule against Central Connecticut State Tuesday night. Penns first four games are on the road before their home opener against defending national champion Villanova Nov. 29 at the Palestra. Ryan OReilly Blues Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Zach Sanford Blues Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.cheapbluesjerseys.info/authentic-brian-sutter-blues-jersey/ . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Jaden Schwartz Blues Jersey . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Custom St.Louis Blues Jerseys . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. MADISON, Wis. -- Several University of Wisconsin athletes used their Twitter accounts Monday night to post a statement demanding change in racial inequalities on campus. The message came in the wake of an incident at an Oct. 29 home football game in which two people were involved with a Halloween costume depicting President Barack Obama in a noose.The statement, shared by more than 20 of the football teams black players as well as basketball star Nigel Hayes and several other student-athletes, noted that black athletes are loved during competition but then subjected to racial discrimination in our everyday lives too.It is painful that someone in our community would show up to an athletic event with a mask of our sitting president, who happens to look a lot like us, with a noose around his neck, the statement continued. That moment was like a punch in the face to not only student-athletes of color but also current students, faculty and alumni of color. This incident was yet another blow and reminder that there are people in this community that may not value diverse populations.Earlier in the day, Wisconsin officials indefinitely revoked the season tickets of the two people involved in the Obama costume. One man wore masks of Obama and Hillary Clinton with a noose around their necks. The other wore a Donald Trump mask and led the first man around by the noose.I am personally very sorry that the hurt that this incident and our response to it has caused, UW-Madison chancellor Rebecca Blank read from a prepared statement at a Monday afternoon faculty senate meeting, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I have heard from students, faculty and coommunity members who are dissatisfied with our response, and I understand why.dddddddddddd A noose is the symbol of some of the worst forms of racial hatred and intimidation in our countrys history. We understand this, and we should have communicated that more forcefully from the very beginning. ... I understand the deeply hurtful impact this particularly has on our students and communities of color.Blank and the university have been criticized for their handling of the situation. The university initially noted that after the man was asked by authorities to remove the noose, the costume no longer violated rules and was protected by free speech. He was then allowed to stay for the rest of the game. However, other fans later said the man put the noose back on later in the game.Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez announced last week that the school would have a revised stadium policy in place before the football teams Nov. 12 home game against Illinois. Those changes have yet to be announced.The statement from students touched on a number of social issues and closed with a message for Blank.In solidarity with other students on this campus, we implore Chancellor Blank and her cabinet to take action, be visible, leave your ivory tower and speak to the students, the statement read. Please create real programs, initiate meaningful change and understand that students of color deserve to thrive in this institution just like our peers. We want to be a part of the amazing legacy this university has held for years and years. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz