Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

20.07.2019 03:58
of, Burroughs said between the tears. I feel a lot of disappointment, embarrassment, disgrace. But I let myself down the most. Antworten

CINCINNATI -- No. 17 Xavier got outrebounded for the first time all season and wasted several chances to put the game away, allowing it to come down to a final free throw. Trevon Bluiett made it.Bluiett scored 20 points, including three free throws in the final 19 seconds, and the Musketeers held on for a 69-65 victory over Wake Forest on Saturday night in their annual game dedicated to former coach Skip Prosser .The Musketeers (9-2) led most of the second half but didnt have the game in hand until Bluiett hit one of his two free throws with 2 seconds left. Wake Forest (8-3) missed a pair of 3-point shots that could have tied it before Bluiett got the rebound and was fouled.Something may be off, said point guard Edmond Sumner, who had 17 points and six turnovers. At times you can see were clicking, but its not through a whole half, its in spurts. We still have to figure out whats going on.John Collins had his sixth consecutive double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and Bryant Crawford scored 20 points for the Demon Deacons. Wake Forest missed all of its 12 shots from beyond the arc in the second half and finished 5 of 25 on 3-pointers.Were still going to shoot it, coach Danny Manning said. Were going to shoot it 12 times the next game. Normally we make our fair share.There were nine ties and 11 lead changes in a back-and-forth game, with the Musketeers holding a slim lead for most of the second half. Sumner had a bank shot high off the backboard, and J.P. Macura had a steal and layup that made it 66-61 with 1:29 left.Sumner and Bluiett both missed the front end in the bonus before Bluiett finally closed it out from the line.Even when were not on top of our game, we can still close games out, Bluiett said. Its a good feeling for us to know were capable of doing that. We dont want to keep putting ourselves in those situations.OUTREBOUNDEDThe Demon Deacons became the first team to outrebound Xavier this season, getting a 38-37 edge that included 15 offensive rebounds.ARC WOESWake Forest has done much better at shooting the 3 this season, making 38.8 percent before Saturdays game. Theyve been a team of extremes, tough, making 13 twice and five or less four times.We were getting good looks at the basket but the ball wasnt falling, Crawford said. We should have gone inside more, found other ways to score.POLL IMPLICATIONSXavier has won its last two games, including a 77-69 victory over Utah, to stabilize in the poll after dropping because of back-to-back road losses against Baylor and Colorado.BIG PICTUREWake Forest: The Demon Deacons have lost both of their games against ranked teams this season, including 96-77 to Villanova in the Charleston Classic. Theyre 1-12 against ranked teams in last two seasons, including a win over No. 13 Indiana in the Maui Invitational. Their last win on the road over a ranked team was 82-69 at No. 24 North Carolina on Jan. 20, 2010.Xavier: The Musketeers soft passes led to repeated turnovers that played into Wake Forests hands. Xavier had 10 turnovers in the first half and 15 overall.That was just us doing careless stuff, like me traveling two times, Sumner said. It wasnt because of the pressure.UP NEXTWake Forest returns home and finished non-conference play against LSU on Thursday. The Demon Deacons won in Baton Rouge 77-71 last season.Xavier hosts Eastern Washington on Tuesday before opening Big East play by hosting Providence on Dec. 28.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org Larry Csonka Jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Larry Csonka Dolphins Jersey . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. http://www.dolphinsrookiestore.com/Dolphins-Christian-Wilkins-Jersey/ . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Christian Wilkins Jersey . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Bob Griese Dolphins Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. RIO DE JANEIRO -- For the last four years, Jordan Burroughs believed he had done everything imaginable to prepare himself to defend his Olympic gold medal from London. The jumps, squats, dips, pull-ups and medicine ball tosses. The early-morning runs. The sweat-filled afternoons in the wrestling room. He carefully watched everything he put in his body, choosing not to smoke or drink. And then he took it one step further, electing not to even curse, with the thought that a second Olympic gold would make him even more of a role model than he already was.But in sports, of course, nothing is guaranteed. Thats what we love about it. On any given day almost anything can happen. For every inspiring Cinderella story there is a dethroned king on the other side. And in a span of five mind-blowing hours Friday, that was Jordan Burroughs. He walked into Carioca Arena No. 2 one of the most dominant wrestlers in American history. A four-time world champion. One hundred and twenty-six times he stepped onto the wrestling mat in a major international competition. Only twice had he walked away having lost.On Friday, Burroughs lost his second match of the day 3-2 to talented Russian Aniuar Gedeuv. Five hours later, with a chance to win a bronze medal in the repechage, he was dominated by Uzbekistans Bekzod Abdurakhmonov by technical fall, 11-1. It was the most lopsided defeat of Burroughs career. And just like that, all the plans and dreams Burroughs had for his future were instantly altered.When it was over, he walked through the mixed zone, his singlet pulled down around his waist, his face painted in despair. He held his hands on his hips and stared at the fake carpet on the ground, tears falling to the floor. It would have been understandable if he would have declined requests for an interview. Or if he just would have kept his head down and ignored the outside world, retreating to the locker room to bear his emotions by himself. But thats not Burroughs. And so he stopped, looked up and revealed the raw pain for the world to see.The first words out of his mouth: Im sorry.I had so many expectations, things I wanted to do, records I wanted to set, precedents I wanted to be a part of, Burroughs said between the tears. I feel a lot of disappointment, embarrassment, disgrace. But I let myself down the most. And now I just face it. The fans, the criticism, the backlash, the trolls. Ive always made my goals public. And thats the hard part as an Olympian -- your failures are public, too.He had arrived in Rio a four-time world champion with a career record of 124-2. And he not only refused to hide from the expectations that came with such dominance but embraced and encouraged them. London was his announcement to the world that he was for real. Rio was going to be the Games that were going to make him a legend.It wasnt about sponsors or money. Burroughs had hoped that his dominance in Rio would draw enough attention to him that he would be able to start a private training program where the greatest American wrestlers could all train together. It would be modeled after the Foxcatcher program built by former American gold medalist Dave Schultz, one of Burroughs idols.Rio was also about defending his family. After losing the first two matches in his career in 2014, Burroughs had been criticized by the wrestling community for going soft. He and his girlfriend had gotten married and had their first child, a boy named Beacon. Some tried to find a correlation between his success off the mat and struggles on it. The talk burned him. So when he and Lauren had their second child, a girl named Ora Reece, in July, Burroughs was out to prove he could be a great father and the baddest man in the world.And then Friday happened. So it was of no surprise that Burroughs brought up his family in his emotional 10-minute chat with reporters after his second loss meant his tournament had finished without a medal.I feel like I let my family down, Burroughs said, his lips quivering. I missed a lot of important milestones in my childrens lives to pursue this sport.dddddddddddd I didnt see my son walk for the first time. Ive left my wife at home with two kids in Nebraska to go to training camps and tournaments in other countries. She did that joyfully, not begrudgingly, because she knew on days like these I always performed.He paused and began to cry even harder.So now I feel like I let her down. I let her down. I let my family down. This was supposed to be my year. This was supposed to be my breakthrough performance. And it almost retracted my position in the sport. It hurts. It hurts a lot, man.Burroughs also arrived in Rio with a massive target on his back. He was the top name on the bracket, the defending world and Olympic champion. Maybe it was all just a bad combination. The weight of all Burroughs wanted to achieve combined with talented and hungry international competition that had been waiting for its opportunity to unseat the defending champion. Burroughs admitted Friday night that in the 48 hours leading up to his match the pressure had started to overwhelm him.Shame on me for thinking that what I had done would be enough because obviously I wasnt prepared, he said. Its going to hurt for a long time. I spent so much time this year promoting my personal brand and I said that I was capable of being the greatest wrestler ever. And God said Prove it. And I couldnt. And it hurts.After the match, there was little talk of specifically what went wrong on the mat. Burroughs suffered a cut on his scalp in his first match and competition had to be stopped to have a doctor deal with the cut on three different occasions. His second match was stopped as well. But he refused to make excuses. He said physically he felt fine. Instead of making excuses, he pointed at poor execution as his main problem. He didnt finish a potential shot when he had Gedeuv by the leg at one point and later wasnt able to get the turn when he was on top.Im not as good as I thought I was, he said.Where Burroughs goes from here is anyones guess. He had long said that his ultimate goal was to break John Smiths American record of six world titles. He currently has four. But each tournament that he leaves without gold adds at minimum another year to his career. To break Smiths record Burroughs now needs to wrestle until at least 2019 and thats only if he runs off three straight world championships, a feat he showed Friday isnt as easy as it seems.In the wake of Fridays defeat, USA Wrestling officials shook their heads at the degree to which Burroughs felt he had let the world down. But thats the makeup of who he is. Growing up as a boy in New Jersey, he would hide under the bleachers and cry each time he lost. After one tournament he asked if his dad would retrieve his second-place trophy for him. Leroy Burroughs refused. He taught his son that you get what you deserve. There is no such thing as a mistake.He had sacrificed so much for the training, the travel to international tournaments. He had turned down handsome paychecks to become an Ultimate Fighter because of his love for wrestling and his goal to be the greatest. And now he wondered if that goal would be forever unattainable. Before Friday, the two lone losses of his career he said would forever haunt him. To double that total in a single day wont be easy to overcome. But day by day, step by step, that process has already begun. After talking to reporters Burroughs spent some time by himself in the locker room before heading into the stands to see his family. Lauren, Beacon, Ora -- they will be the ones to pull him through.I wanted to be among the greats. I wanted to be a Simone Biles. Michael Phelps. Ashton Eaton, Burroughs said. Its unfortunate, you know? You watch the womens soccer team and the womens volleyball team and Serena and all these amazing athletes and you think, It wont be me. It wont be me. Im prepared.And then life shows you otherwise. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz