Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

20.07.2019 03:57
she passed out from drugs or alcohol.Neither side denied the three men had sex with the woman, but the issue was whether she con Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Tommie Smith and John Carlos were proud to raise their gloved fists in a symbolic protest at the Olympics, and now theyre proud that Colin Kaepernick and other athletes are staging national anthem protests to raise awareness about racial inequality and police brutality.The American sprinters who were sent home from the 1968 Mexico City Olympics for what they called a human rights salute say the San Francisco 49ers quarterback and others are right to use their platform in an attempt to affect social change 48 years later.Dont hate the kid because he stood up for something to change, said Smith, who won the gold medal and set a world record in the 200 meters in 1968. He stood up for the right to exercise Amendment 1.Speaking Wednesday at the Team USA Awards, the first U.S. Olympic Committee event theyve been invited to since their protest, Smith says hes backing Kaepernick because his protest is proactive and Carlos says theres no better platform than sports to stand up for something, even if it brings criticism.Protest is a good thing because youre trying to expose certain things through protest, said Carlos, who won the bronze in the 200. Then, when you sit back and say, `Well, I dont know whether its the right place to make statement here or there. In any protest, I think you make a statement to try and reach the far ends of the earth. What better way to do it than if youre in a sport.Several athletes have followed Kaepernick, who sat for the anthem, then modified his protest to kneel during it. Some have raised their fists like Smith and Carlos.Most recently, Nebraska football players Michael Rose-Ivey, Mohamed Barry and DaiShon Neal kneeled during the anthem before a game at Northwestern, drawing criticism from Nebraskas governor. Rose-Ivey is expected to meet with the governor to discuss the issue next week.It is a sacrifice to deal with anything other than status quo, Smith said. As we know very well.While Smith said its important for athletes to study and understand why theyre protesting and what they want to come out of it, Carlos said backlash is part of the process.Any individual that makes a public statement or a public scene is saying we have issues that we need to deal with and we can no longer stick them under the rug or stick them behind the bus or what have you, Carlos said. By bringing attention to society, for them to be able to determine themselves why it was necessary that we take this thing called racism, violence and prejudice and bury it once and for all.It has taken almost half a century for the USOC to welcome Smith and Carlos back into the fold after being on the outside for breaking the rules. Carlos called their return a rebirth and both men hope they can be ambassadors and a positive influence on young people who werent born when they protested at the Olympics.We never denounced what we stood for, Carlos said. We stood for humanity. At the same time they loved the fact that we had courage. Thats what you need in athletics. For them to come and lower the drawbridge so to speak and welcome us across with open arms, its a beautiful situation. I dont think it gets any better. Billy Williams Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Brandon Kintzler Jersey .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-mike-montgomery-jersey/ . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Kerry Wood Jersey .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Greg Maddux Jersey . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. An eight-member jury in Los Angeles federal court has found New York Knicks point guard Derrick Rose?and his two friends not liable in a civil lawsuit that accused them of gang-raping Roses ex-girlfriend when she was incapacitated from drugs or alcohol.The jury began deliberations Wednesday morning, and its decision was announced at about 4:30 p.m. ET.I am thankful that the jury understood and agreed with me, Rose said in a statement to The Associated Press. This experience and my sensitivity to it was deep. I am ready to put this behind me and focus on my family and career.Jurors posed for photographs with Rose one at a time in the courthouse lobby after the verdict was announced.One of the two men among the eight jurors who identified himself only by his first name and age, Jared, 25, said the panel tried to look at the case in the plaintiffs favor but in the end could not believe her and felt her tears were not genuine.It felt like she was playing us, Jared said. The second her lawyer started questioning her, she would start crying. I mean, granted, that could be realistic, but I feel lm pretty good at reading people, and I felt as if it was false.Before he ended the proceedings, U.S. District Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald wished all parties the best but added for Rose, Except when the Knicks play the Lakers.Roses ex-girlfriend said he and his two friends raped her in August 2013 at her Los Angeles apartment after she passed out from drugs or alcohol.Neither side denied the three men had sex with the woman, but the issue was whether she consented or was too intoxicated to do so.Defense lawyers painted the woman as a liar who tried to sway jurors through her tears to get at Roses fortune. They claimed she was angry that he had dumped her and that she set him up and brought the lawsuit in hopes of a big payoff.The womans lawyer called the men sexual deviants and said they conspired to rape her after she was drunk and incapable of consenting to sex.Rose was in court, looking down, as the verdict was read. As soon as the first question was answered by the jury, his attorney got up and shook the hand of each of the three defendants.All three men were innocent from day one, Roses attorney, Mark Baute, said. Were very happy that the system worked.The womans attorney, Waukeen McCoy, said he will explore appeal options.I think its a shame for women, for this country, that a celebrity can come into court and slut-shame a woman like my client, McCoy said.Though the accusers reaction could not be seen as the verdict was read, McCoy said she was devastated and did not understand how jurors could reach their conclusion.The woman, who became emotional and trembled while testifying, had sought $21.5 million when she filed the suit, but her attorney did not put a price on the case Tuesday during closing arguments, saying it was up to the jury.Roses lawyer said the future of the Knicks point guard and his whole family was at stake because of a mmorals clause in his player contract and an endorsement deal with Adidas.dddddddddddd.Baute urged jurors to recognize the suit as a hoax and a joke and not even award $20 because that could destroy Roses career and trigger financial ruin for the star and the extended family and friends he had pulled out of poverty from Chicagos South Side with his talent on the court.Adidas, in a statement issued shortly after the verdict was announced, said: Our partnership with Derrick remains unchanged.Lawyers in the civil case sparred for nearly three hours during the bitter closing arguments Tuesday. The womans lawyer said the 30-year-old college student was seeking accountability for what was morally and legally wrong. He said the men had never apologized or shown any remorse and said their behavior was reprehensible enough to trigger punitive damages beyond any compensation.?The three men laughed their way home, McCoy said.The defense portrayed Rose and his childhood pals, Ryan Allen and Randall Hampton, who both work for Rose, as victims in the case, and the lawyers mocked the womans demeanor on the witness stand.This woman has tried to trick people through much of her life, men especially, attorney Michael Monico said. Who is she trying to trick in this courtroom, ladies and gentlemen? You. She doesnt have any evidence, but she can cry.Rose took the stand Tuesday and answered one question about a text message from the accuser with one word: Yes.The juror named Jared said the panel found the three defendants genuine and honest. Jared and the jury forewoman, who wouldnt give her name, said they went through each piece of evidence provided to support the womans case and found nothing added up.I dont want to call her a liar, the forewoman said. I just didnt feel like there was enough evidence.Last summer, the woman also filed a police report along with the civil lawsuit against Rose. The Los Angeles Police Department said it continues to investigate a complaint filed against Rose but said there is no timetable on if or when the criminal case will be closed.Rose is in his first season with the Knicks after being traded by the Chicago Bulls. He has missed five preseason games and seven practices?while attending the civil trial. On Wednesday, Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said he didnt expect the former league MVP to rejoin the team?until Friday.?Rose is expected to have three full practices with his teammates before the Knicks season opener against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday.Its a tough thing he went through, but now its over and now we can focus on basketball. I know thats what Derrick wants to get back to doing, Hornacek said. Were just all glad its done with, and now he can get back and focus on basketball.Information from ESPNs Ian Begley and Darren Rovell and The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz