Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

27.04.2019 03:41
form. The Toronto Argonauts veteran quarterback is third in CFL passing with 1,355 yards despite missing a game due to a knee in Antworten

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Defiant, and determined to be a conduit for U.S. change, Colin Kaepernick plans to sit through the national anthem for as long as he feels is appropriate and until he sees significant progress in America -- specifically when it comes to race relations.He knows he could be cut by San Francisco for this stand. Criticized, ostracized, and hell go it all alone if need be.The quarterback realizes he might be treated poorly in some road cities, and hes ready for that, too, saying hes not overly concerned about his safety, but if something happens thats only proving my point.Im going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed, Kaepernick said Sunday at his locker. To me this is something that has to change. When theres significant change and I feel like that flag represents what its supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that its supposed to, Ill stand.Two days after he refused to stand for the The Star Spangled Banner before the 49ers preseason loss to the Packers, Kaepernick insists whatever the consequences, he will know I did whats right. He said he hasnt heard from the NFL or anyone else about his actions -- and it wont matter if he does.No ones tried to quiet me and, to be honest, its not something Im going to be quiet about, he said. Im going to speak the truth when Im asked about it. This isnt for look. This isnt for publicity or anything like that. This is for people that dont have the voice. And this is for people that are being oppressed and need to have equal opportunities to be successful. To provide for families and not live in poor circumstances.Letting his hair go au natural and sprinting between drills as usual, Kaepernick took the field Sunday with the 49ers as his stance drew chatter across NFL camps.He explained his viewpoints to teammates in the morning, some agreeing with his message but not necessarily his method. Some said they know he has offended his countrymen, others didnt even know what he had done.Every guy on this team is entitled to their opinion. Were all grown men, linebacker NaVorro Bowman said.I agree with what he did, but not in the way he did it, wideout Torrey Smith said. Thats not for me. He has that right. Soldiers have died for his right to do exactly what he did. ... I know hes taken a lot of heat for it. He understands that when you do something like that it does offend a lot of people.Both Bowman and Smith are African American.Kaepernick criticized presidential candidates Donald Trump (openly racist) and Hillary Clinton; called out police brutality against minorities; and pushed for accountability of public officials.You can become a cop in six months and dont have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist, Kaepernick said. Thats insane. Someone thats holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.In college at Nevada, Kaepernick said, police were called one day because we were the only black people in that neighborhood. Officers entered without knocking and drew guns on him and his teammates and roommates as they were moving their belongings, he said.He said his stand is not against men and women in the military fighting and losing their lives for Americans rights and freedoms.Kaepernick, whose hair had been in cornrows during training camp, sat on the bench during Fridays national anthem at Levis Stadium. Giants wideout Victor Cruz and Bills coach Rex Ryan said standing for the anthem shows respect.Theres a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality, said Kaepernick, whose adoptive parents are Caucasian. Theres people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people. Thats not right. Thats not right by anyones standards.On Sunday, he stopped briefly on a side field to talk with Dr. Harry Edwards and they shared a quick embrace before the quarterback grabbed his helmet and took the field. Edwards is a sociologist and African-American activist who helped plan the Olympic Project for Human Rights before the 1968 Mexico City Olympics, where U.S. sprinters and medalists Tommie Smith and John Carlos bowed their heads through the anthem on the medal podium in their black power protest.After swirling trade talks all offseason following Kaepernicks three surgeries and sub-par 2015 season, he has done everything so far but play good football -- and he doesnt plan for this to be a distraction.Coach Chip Kelly did not speak to the media Sunday. He said Saturday he still hasnt decided on his starting quarterback in a competition between Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert, who took over the job from Kaepernick last November and has vowed to be the No. 1 again.Kaepernick hasnt stood for the anthem in any of the teams three preseason games and I dont see it as going about it the wrong way.Thats his right as a citizen, Kelly said. We recognize his right as an individual to choose to participate or not participate in the national anthem.Now, Kaepernick is prepared for whatever comes next.I think theres a lot of consequences that come along with this. Theres a lot of people that dont want to have this conversation, he said. Theyre scared they might lose their job. Or they might not get the endorsements. They might not to be treated the same way. Those are things Im prepared to handle. ...At this point, Ive been blessed to be able to get this far and have the privilege of being able to be in the NFL, making the kind of money I make and enjoy luxuries like that. I cant look in the mirror and see people dying on the street that should have the same opportunities that Ive had.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Saucony Schuhe Outlet .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Saucony Schuhe Schweiz . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. http://www.sauconyschweiz.ch/ . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Saucony Schweiz Sale . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Saucony Sneaker Schweiz . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep.MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- Hes played just five games this year but already Ricky Ray appears to be in mid-season form. The Toronto Argonauts veteran quarterback is third in CFL passing with 1,355 yards despite missing a game due to a knee injury. His 11 TD passes are second only to Saskatchewans Darian Durant (15), and Ray and Durant are the only starters to not throw an interception. But what really stands out is Rays solid 76.4 per cent completion average, which is tops among CFL starters. The 33-year-old Californian has been hot lately, completing 34-of-38 passes (89.5 per cent) for 438 yards with five TDs in his last two starts. "Were just executing pretty well," Ray said following Tuesdays practice. "Obviously the gameplans our coaches give us have been pretty good but were just playing good football all around and thats what happens. "You see a lot of guys have success when all 12 of us are playing together and thats whats happening for us offensively." Thats certainly not good news for the Edmonton Eskimos (1-5), who visit Toronto (4-2) on Sunday. The West Division squad will be minus linebacker JC Sherritt, the CFLs top defensive player last year, who is out indefinitely after recently undergoing successful thumb surgery. "Hes a good player whos all over the field," Ray said of Sherritt. "He makes a difference. "He seems like hes always around the ball, hes just got those football smarts and is always there and makes a lot of tackles. For us, were not too sad about that." After starting the season 1-2, the defending Grey Cup champions have won three straight and outscored their opponents 111-44 over that span. The offence has done its part as Argos starters have completed 55-of-63 passes (87.3 per cent) for 691 yards and eight TDs with no interceptions in those games. Ray was a sensational 19-of-20 passing for 286 yards and two TDs in Torontos 35-19 win over Winnipeg on July 19 before suffering a knee injury. Backup Zach Collaros stepped in and completed 21-of-25 passes for 253 yards and three TDs in a 38-12 victory over B.C. on July 30. Ray returned and hit 15-of-18 passes for 152 yards and three first-half touchdowns in staking Toronto to a 31-3 half-time lead over Montreal on Thursday. He sat the second half after re-aggravating his knee injury. Ray says theres a simple explanation for this success -- familiarity. Ray and most of his offensive teammates are playing their second season under head coach Scott Milanovich. The six-foot-three, 210-pound Ray struggled initially as he learned Milanovichs offence after being dealt to Toronto following nine seasons in Edmonton. After returning from a knee injury Oct. 19, Ray surpassed the 300-yard passing plateau in three of his final five starts, including a 399-yard performance in Torontos 27-20 road win over Montreal in the East Division final. And Ray was a big reason why Toronto captured the 100th Grey Cup, finishing the CFL playoffs completing 69-of-97 passes for 869 yards and five TDs with just one interception. Toronto has a new offensive co-ordinator in Marcus Brady but hes very familiar with Milanovichs offensive approach and schemes. The two worked together as assistants in Montreal before Milanovich took the Argos head job. And it shows, as Torontos offence is tied for second overall with Calgary in TDs with 21 (one behind league-leading Saskatchewan) and is third in scoring (32.3 points per game). The Argos also boast the CFLs second-leading aerial game (305 yards per game)) and are third in net yards (377 per game).dddddddddddd The passing game is a huge part of Torontos offensive success as it leads the CFL in completions (150) and completion percentage (75.8 per cent). By comparison, the Argos ground game is ranked second-last overall, averaging 86.7 yards per game. But in Canadian football an offences success usually begins under centre and Milanovich, a former quarterback, has nothing but praise for Rays play. "Hes playing great football and really has been for about the last 10 games hes played," Milanovich said. "Were just trying not to talk about it too much and let him go out there and continue to do what hes doing. "I think its comfort level with the offence and his progressions . . . hes really feeling and seeing what the offence is giving him. Hes comfortable back there, obviously were protecting well for him, which is huge, and Marcus is doing a nice job calling the game." Theres also an obvious rapport between Ray and his receivers. Chad Owens, the CFLs outstanding player last year, is again leading the league in receiving with 43 catches for 470 yards and a TD. Canadian Andre Durie has 29 receptions for 370 yards and a touchdown while former Eskimo Jason Barnes -- who was released, then re-signed by Toronto last season -- has 16 receptions for 238 yards but a team-high four touchdown grabs. "Its a lot easier when youve been through it one time before," Barnes said. "Everybody understands not only their position but other positions as well so it helps out with our spacing and cohesiveness." Owens agrees. "We were in this system last year and a majority of the same guys are back," he said. "Ricky is comfortable, he understands it and besides that hes just an unbelievable quarterback. "I cant say enough about his poise, how he is in the pocket and his ability to deliver the ball on time and in the perfect spot." And with both Dontrelle Inman and Canadian Spencer Watt both nursing leg injuries, rookie John Chiles has contributed nine catches for 155 yards and three touchdowns. Inman might play against Edmonton and Watt could return soon as well, creating an interesting situation for Milanovich. "All good problems to have and they tend to take care of themselves through injury and other factors," he said. "That becomes a pretty good six-receiver package that maybe you have look into. "Well try to find a way to get all of them on the field, they deserve it." Predictably Ray downplayed Sundays game saying it wont mean nearly as much to him as his first meeting against the Eskimos or even last years East Division semifinal game against Edmonton. Barnes agreed, sort of. "Its another game for us," he said. "But at the same time I know me and Rick always love beating our former team so Im looking forward to it." NOTES: The New England Patriots released former Winnipeg defensive end Jason Vega on Tuesday . . . Montreal signed defensive end Anwar Stewart to its practice roster. The 37-year-old helped the Alouettes win three Grey Cups in 10 seasons with the club and was the CFLs top defensive player in 04. Stewart is also Montreals all-time leader in sacks with 66 but played with Calgary last season. The Als added Canadian receiver Ismael Bamba to their roster, signed defensive end Eze Ibiorato to the practice roster, released receiver Youssy Pierre and put Canadian defensive end Ameet Pall on the nine-game injured list. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz