Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

26.04.2019 07:01
threw into double coveragge looking for Greg Olsen -- Brent Grimes made a leaping grab in the end zone -- with the teams tied at Antworten

One way or another, UFC 200 will be a redemption story for one of the sports light heavyweight champions.Jon Jones, already the greatest fighter in the world at age 28, will attempt to the reclaim the title he was stripped of in April 2015, when he fled the scene of a traffic accident in New Mexico. The story on Jones is his natural, unrivaled talent, which at times he has seemed determined to waste. A dominant performance against Cormier would go a long way toward closing that narrative.And on the other side is Daniel Cormier, one of the most accomplished athletes in the game but also one missing a truly career-defining moment.Cormier, 37, is a six-time U.S. National wrestling champion and a two-time Olympian. As a collegiate wrestler, however, he came up one win short of winning an NCAA championship. His two trips to the Olympics produced zero medals. And even though he is the defending UFC champion in Saturdays main event at T-Mobile Arena, he did not take the title from Jones. The two fought in January 2015 before Jones was stripped, and Cormier lost via unanimous decision.I havent experienced that shining moment, Cormier told ESPN. When [UFC president] Dana White straps that title belt around your waist, thats huge. But to be truly recognized as the best in the world at something? I cant say that Ive felt that because Jon beat me in our first fight.Ill say this -- there are things Ive done that cant be taken away, but my legacy in mixed martial arts comes down to this fight. If I dont win this fight, Im dead. I have nowhere else to go. I will have lost twice to [Jones]. This is life or death for me and Im OK with that.Cormier (17-1) says his rematch with Jones will define his legacy in MMA, not his athletic career as a whole, but even some of those closest to him have trouble separating the two.Originally from Lafayette, Louisiana, Cormier has been tied to sports for most of his life. He was a high school state wrestling champion and fielded a football scholarship offer from LSU.Wrestling specifically has always been his first, second and third passion. It has been his safe haven at times. When he was 7, his father was fatally shot on Thanksgiving. He lost a close friend and then a cousin to separate car accidents in high school. In 2003, his three-month-old daughter, Kaedyn, died in a car accident. Cormiers therapy through it all took place on the wrestling mat.If you know anything about Daniel, you know that wrestling pretty much adopted him, said Craig Andrus, Cormiers cousin. When those tough times in his life happened, he always looked to wrestling.Cormier began his collegiate career at a junior college in Kansas, before transferring to NCAA powerhouse Oklahoma State for two seasons. He moved weight classes in the process, dropping from 197 pounds to compete at 184. That happened to be the same weight class as Cael Sanderson, who is considered to be the greatest collegiate wrestler of all time.I think his senior year, he had singled Cael out, said John Smith, head coach at OSU. Right out of junior college, he was still realizing how good he was, and we took it slow with him. By 2001, it wasnt about winning an NCAA championship anymore, it was about beating the best pound-for-pound guy in college wrestling. Daniel was so competitive, I remember feeling that if he was that focused on Cael, I wasnt worried about him making the NCAA finals, because we knew thats where Cael would be.Cormier would lose to Sanderson six times between 2000 and 2001. After college, his focus immediately turned to winning an Olympic gold medal, which he came close to accomplishing in 2004 with a fourth-place finish.All roads led to the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Cormier made the team for the second time and was promoted to team captain. The field was wide open. None of the three wrestlers who finished ahead of Cormier in 2004 competed in 2008.What was supposed to be the peak of Cormiers athletic career, however, became its lowest point. After making weight, Cormiers body began to shut down. He was taken to a medical facility and diagnosed with kidney failure. He ultimately withdrew.He let his weight get heavy going into those Olympics, said Kevin Jackson, former USA wrestling coach. It became a purely dehydration cut. For three days, we were in plastics, in the sauna. He sucked it up and got through it, made weight, but he was hurting and cramping up. We made the decision to get him to the hospital.After he withdrew, I think there were some people that turned their back on him. They thought it was embarrassing to the country. There were even thoughts that he needed to pay back the costs of his flight and housing in Beijing. A few of us stayed focused on what was really important, the man, but it was his fault he didnt compete. Nobody else did that to him.When Cormier returned to the U.S., he took a job at a television station in Oklahoma. His love of wrestling was never going anywhere, but Andrus says Cormier kept to himself initially. Before the Olympics, he had talked about winning a medal and then transitioning to a coaching job at a Division I college. After the Olympics, his relationship with the sport was less mapped out.That was one of the worst times of his life, Andrus said. Id be lying if I said he didnt still keep up with wrestling, but he really turned himself away from a lot of it. It was like, I dont know what I want to do with wrestling anymore.And then one day, it just hit him. He called me and said, Bro, Im going to California to fight. Im too short to try out for the Houston Rockets, so Im gonna go fight.The revelation didnt come from nowhere. Cormier had been recruited by MMA manager and former collegiate wrestler DeWayne Zinkin since about 2003. Zinkin had actually taken his business partner Bob Cook to one of Cormiers wrestling matches and declared, This guy is going to be a badass fighter.Cook, seeing Cormier for the first time, responded, That short, little guy?Cormier, who is 5-foot-11, arrived at American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose after a year of relative inactivity. Cook remembers him weighing around 268 pounds, with not as much muscle as he has now. Cormier was a fast learner, however, and a natural leader. In addition to winning his first 15 fights, he quickly became the head wrestling coach at the gym.And now all roads have led to UFC 200 in Las Vegas. The Jones (22-1) rematch was supposed to headline UFC 197 in April, but Cormier pulled out with a leg injury. That delay, coupled with a public spat between the UFC and Irish star Conor McGregor, paved the way for Cormier to headline a landmark event. His shot at redemption against Jones, whom he personally dislikes, is coming on the grandest stage the sport can offer.Expectations are that Jones will get his redemption, not Cormier. Jones is significantly favored to win the fight, as he was before their first meeting.The cruel reality might be that Jones is just better, a once-in-a-lifetime talent. Cormier is just unlucky enough to have run into two of them in his lifetime: Sanderson and now Jones.But this is where Cormier is able to separate the two, and its why he believes UFC 200 will leave a lasting impact on his MMA career and not his overall legacy as an athlete. Cael was better, Cormier will tell you. He just was, for multiple reasons. He had it all together. No one was beating Sanderson in a college wrestling match in 2001.Jones? Cormier believes he can beat Jones, which would make him arguably the best fighter in the world. His redemption will be proving that to everyone.I truly believe I am better than Jon Jones, Cormier said. I still believe that the last time we fought, I fought bad. I dont have to be mistake-free to beat Jones, because I feel like Im the better fighter. Salomon Shoes Canada From China .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Cheap Salomon Shoes Canada For Sale .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. http://www.discountsalomoncanada.com/ . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Wholesale Salomon Shoes Canada Free Shipping . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Cheap Salomon Shoes Canada . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Only five games into the season and the Carolina Panthers look nothing like the team that went 15-1 last year and lost in the Super Bowl.These days, the reigning NFC and three-time NFC South champions are struggling with a little of everything -- shaky defense, injuries, turnovers, you name it -- in a shocking 1-4 start to the season.And after a mistake-filled 17-14 home loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on a last-second field goal, the Panthers are left to explain how they can turn it all around.Stuff like this happens in the NFL, cornerback Teddy Williams said. You can be great one year and come back and have a season like this. But at the end of the day were only five games in, you really can circle the wagons and know that its a long season, and come back strong and really finish stronger than you started.Injuries have been a huge problem, starting with Mondays absence of reigning NFL MVP Cam Newton. He missed this one after suffering a concussion after taking a hard shot to the head when he pulled up near the goal line on a 2-point conversion in a loss at Atlanta.Carolina has also been without top tailback Jonathan Stewart since Week 2 with a hamstring injury. Two other starters, left tackle Michael Oher (concussion) and cornerback James Bradberry (toe), were also out along with first-round draft pick Vernon Butler (ankle) at defensive tackle.But the problems run deeper, starting with the fact the Panthers are committing way too many mistakes.Carolina had four turnovers Monday night, three coming from backup quarterback Derek Anderson. The most costly was a goal-line interception in which Anderson threw into double coveragge looking for Greg Olsen -- Brent Grimes made a leaping grab in the end zone -- with the teams tied at 14-all midway through the fourth quarter.ddddddddddddhat pushed the Panthers to 14 turnovers through five games after committing 19 during their 15-win regular season a year ago.Carolina got the ball only once more, a three-and-out that ultimately led to the Buccaneers winning drive. By the end, Carolina had finished with nearly 100 more total yards (414-315) but plenty of empty possessions.We moved the ball when we wanted to, Anderson said. We did a lot of good things. Unfortunately we had bad plays at the wrong time. Thats kind of what it came down to.Overall, Carolinas offense is averaging about a touchdown less per game from its NFL-best 31.2-point average last season, while the defense has struggled to get a pass rush and is surrendering 27 points per game after allowing about 19 a year ago.Carolina is also committing more penalties. Theyve committed 39 penalties for 330 yards, including a 15-yard facemask by Kony Ealy while trying to tackle Jacquizz Rodgers in the final minute to set up Roberto Aguayos 38-yard field goal for the win.The Panthers travel to New Orleans this weekend before getting a needed bye. They can only hope that gives them a chance to get healthy and regroup.The things that we arent doing a good job of, we need to fix, center Ryan Kalil said, and we need to fix them right away.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap and the APs NFL site at http://pro32.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz