Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

26.04.2019 07:01
resence. He bounced ideas off the No. 1 signal-caller and gave him feedback. A loose, talkative character who was quick with a j Antworten

KAMLOOPS, B.C. -- As backup quarterbacks go, hes not an obvious choice. Thomas DeMarco completed only nine of 13 passes for the B.C. Lions in 2012, but other than starter Travis Lulay, he has more experience with the CFL club than any other signal-caller on the roster. Exactly one season. So DeMarco, a second-year pro, has the inside track on the Lions No. 2 quarterback position -- for now. "Ive got a headstart with that," he said Sunday as training camp opened. "Anyone whos been here for a little bit should be a little bit farther ahead." DeMarco is listed as No. 2 on the depth chart, but he and coach Mike Benevides stopped short of saying the backup job is his to lose. "I would never say that," said DeMarco. "But I would say that, as a competitor, when that spot is open, the first thing youre thinking about is that I wanna be that guy." Hes vying for the backup spot with Joey Elliott, who spent three seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers until he was released. Chris Hart, a product of Florida-based Webber International who signed in April, is also vying for a job behind Lulay. Benevides says DeMarco has as an edge on Elliott as the former Blue Bomber learns the B.C. offence. "Certainly, (DeMarco) has got the inside track," said DeMarco. "Theres no doubt about it. But I am not going to commit to that -- either way -- for a long time. I need more information. I want go through the pre-season games." The No. 2 spot became vacant when former backup Mike Reilly was traded to the Edmonton Eskimos in January. Reillys departure, inevitable after Lulay signed a lucrative new contract, makes the backup QB battle the most compelling storyline at training camp. "Theres no doubt that this game, this league is about the quarterback," said Benevides. "You need strength at the backup position. Normally, they are called upon at some point in the season, and we have to find who that guy is. "Theres a lot of important decisions to make, but the quarterback position is, certainly, the one thats going to get the most attention, and is important to the quality of our depth." Reilly excelled on the field in Lulays absence, but the former Lions backup was also a strong sideline presence. He bounced ideas off the No. 1 signal-caller and gave him feedback. A loose, talkative character who was quick with a jab, Reilly had a close relationship with Lulay, both professionally and personally. Lulay believes DeMarco can fill the role, with the No. 1 quarterback noting that his understudy has become more assertive as he approaches his second season. DeMarco agreed with the assessment, adding more of his personality will be displayed as the season unfolds. "The biggest thing is, last year I didnt want to speak up or say things unless I knew (the offence)," he said. "I want to make sure Im teaching the guys the right way. Otherwise, I was very quiet ... Now that I know, Im a bolder person in general." DeMarco wants to provide the same "supporting act" as Reilly did, while still being himself. "You definitely have to balance," he said. "This is Travis team. As a quarterback, youre used to having your team, coming from college. Its a humbling experience to understand that guys have been doing this for a long time. "Firstly, I have to learn to be a backup. Its not something that Ive ever done, and its going to take a little bit of getting used to whats helpful for Travis. Im a different player from him." Benevides says that Elliott, whose obvious appeal is his CFL experience, also has a loose personality, similar to Reilly, that can suit the team well. Stressing that all of the quarterbacks are simply learning from Lulay, Elliott adds he can provide a calm presence when called upon. Based on his brief time with the organization, Hart faces long odds to stick with the team. He joined the Lions in April following former NFLer Rudy Carpenters release. Benevides says Hart likely would not be at camp if Carpenter had stayed around longer. The Lions will go with three QBs on their active roster, but Benevides is still deciding whether he will keep one more on the practice roster. B.C. also has new quarterbacks coach Jarious Jackson, a former B.C. and Toronto backup who retired after helping the Argonauts win the Grey Cup last season. "For me, I saw the relationship that Mike Reilly had with (Lulay), and that quarterback position is extremely critical and vital, and it needs constant eyes," said Benevides. "Adding (Jackson) to that is going to really help Travis Lulay do better." Note: Defensive lineman Adrian Awasom, acquired from Toronto in the Khalif Mitchell trade, was suspended on the weekend because he did not make it to camp due to a passport issue. Benevides says the move was just "paperwork" and Awasom still figures in the clubs plans. He was attempting to depart for Kamloops from the U.S. when he discovered that his Cameroonian passport jeopardized his chances gaining re-entry. As a result, he stayed south of the border for the time being. Stitched NFL Jerseys . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. NFL Jerseys Outlet . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.cheapnikenfljerseysoutlet.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap NFL Jerseys For Sale . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Nike NFL Jerseys China . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings are on a three-game winning streak and the San Jose Sharks are fresh off of being stunned by the team that beat them in the Stanley Cup Final last season.The teams are scheduled to play at 7 p.m. Saturday at Joe Louis Arena. Both are 3-2-0.After losing its first two games of the season, Detroit has reeled off three consecutive wins, the latest a 5-3 decision over the Nashville Predators Friday night at Joe Louis.In that game, two players who have to produce a lot of offense for the Red Wings to be successful scored their first goals of the season.Right winger Gustav Nyquist had a goal and an assist and left winger Tomas Tatar had a goal.Tatars goal, 1:10 into the third period, broke a tie and put Detroit ahead for good and Nyquist scored later in the period to make it 4-2.Im just worried about one game at a time and Im worried about getting better every day and I thought we took a step in getting better today, Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill said after Friday nights game. I thought we did a real good job of spending time in their end. We did a real good job of winning puck battles. We did a real good job of reloading hard and getting back above people and when we do that, were a real good team.I thought we transitioned well, I thought a lot of guys were playing. I thought we took a step forward. Now we got to take another step forward tomorrrow.ddddddddddddVeteran fourth line left winger Drew Miller scored his second goal in two games Friday.We definitely had some times in the first couple of games here where we didnt play the way we wanted to play, Miller said. Were cleaning that up and trying to play a 60-minute game. I think thats the biggest thing, just moving forward and finding the positives and continuing to build off of those.Defenseman Ryan Sproul made his season debut for Detroit and had an assist on Justin Abdelkaders power-play goal in the second period. In his second NHL game, Sproul was even in 14:57 of ice time.San Jose, which closes out a five-game road trip Saturday, lost 3-2 on the road to the Pittsburgh Penguins Thursday night after leading 2-0 going into the third period.It was the first time under coach Pete DeBoer that the Sharks had lost in regulation time when they held a lead after two periods. They were 28-0-2 in the 2015-16 regular season, and 9-0 in the playoffs, when leading after 40 minutes.The biggest thing is we were playing for a 4-1 record going into that third, captain Joe Pavelski said. Not because it was the Penguins. Its early in the year. Its not easy to start coming on the road with all of these games. Now were staring at 3-2 and we move on. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz