Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Soaring
jokergreen0220 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

06.03.2019 07:09
After retiring from judo for a second time as Commonwealth champion in 2014, youd think Euan Burton would have quietly stepped i Antworten

After retiring from judo for a second time as Commonwealth champion in 2014, youd think Euan Burton would have quietly stepped into an office job that didnt involve throwing people on to mats. China Jerseys . Not his style. The 37-year-old now keeps himself busy hurling his wife across the floor… and getting paid for it! Burton, born in Ascot, is leading the judo performance programme for his adopted Scotland in Edinburgh.Gemma Gibbons, AKA Mrs Burton and Olympic silver medalist in 2012, is continuing her qualifying battle for Rio and she couldnt have a better mentor and coach in her corner.Her husband reveals why he made a U-turn on quitting the sport, his love affair with Scotland and how being a Sky Academy Sports Scholar ignited his career.I was on the podium at the Commonwealths and I just felt relief. I was in Glasgow, in front of a sell-out home crowd, Scottish flags were everywhere and everyone was screaming. It was the perfect way to hang up my judo kit and I thought this has been a good career.There were 24 months to Rio and I had moved up two weight categories to 100kg. I had been fighting at 81kg which meant a lot of dieting. My natural progression was to move to 90 but because I was coaching those three fighters trying to qualify at that same weight I would have felt very uncomfortable going against them! Mr and Mrs Burton with Euan adding an MBE to his collection for his judo career It turned out that I had done something pretty special.The Olympic level is something very different. My body was getting older and my ability and motivation to go through the torture at the elite level was probably waning! I would be 37 in Rio and I wasnt willing to be at an Olympics just to take part. Winning a medal didnt feel realistic so I was happy to let the younger guys take over!I first gave up judo after the 2012 Olympics which hadnt gone to plan. I had the desire and drive to win a medal but that didnt materialise. I moved into coaching and was working with the Scottish athletes aiming for the Commonwealth Games and we had high aspirations being a home Games.A year after London I was just a coach keeping my eye on the mat. All my focus was on the coaching, but I had never competed for Scotland having always fought under the Union Jack for Britain at the major competitions.I had spent my whole career training in Scotland and I was very proud to be a Scottish athlete and I thought that if I could give something back and win a medal it would be good for me and Scotland and to end my career.I was training so much in those last six months. I was then told to focus on winning a medal in the last three months! Fortunately I won gold and it was the most successful Commonwealths ever for Scotland and for judo - It was 30 medals, 14 athletes, six golds - not a bad return!I was a Scholar in the build-up to London 2012 and it helped in so many ways. Something I became of aware of very quickly was the level and professionalism of the profile of myself as an athlete and judo as a sport. Crazy scenes in Glasgow as Burton is crowned Commonwealth champion in 2014 We werent stupid because many people didnt know what judo was but driving in Edinburgh seeing the Sky branding and the Team GB branding on a bus stop was amazing and for people to view me as athlete and to make people think thats a sport our kids could do was incredible - that was a major benefit.I got texted from people at bus stops beside my picture saying youre not looking too bad as an old man! It represented the sport in a good way. People involved in judo are very passionate and they wished more people knew about judo and so getting feedback from Sky and how well youre coming across gave me a good feeling. Seeing your face on the big posters was unreal though! It was almost embarrassing but in a very good way. Boosting the profile of the sport is something Im very proud of.I didnt capitalise with a medal but my wife did with a silver at London. She took everybodys hearts.The amount of time and work you put into your sport, the money you make is often disproportionate and so getting the support from the Scholarship scheme was just a fantastic feeling. It was small things like getting those experiences visiting the Sky studios understanding how to promote yourself, how the industry works and what makes a good story.It taught me how to deliver my story in a 30-second snippet in front of camera. That makes a big difference as an athlete. Being able to present and talk to people now, you cannot underestimate how big an impact those experiences can have on you going forward.One amazing thing about the Scholarships was the variety of athletes. We had gymnast Louis Smith and swimmer Liam Tancock and we were all brought together for promotion. You can get caught up in a bubble of your own sport and it was so good to share experiences of other sports with people who went through similar things. Born in England, but Burton is now helping to propel Scotlands top judo athletes on the worlds stage I was always trying to learn and take the good from what anybody is doing and that was very beneficial. I picked up so many little ideas on adjusting training or preparing better.For any new Scholars, I would recommend them embracing all the opportunities. Get out of your comfort zone! Certain experiences will fill you with dread and youll wonder how youll cope. But anything that challenges you help you develop.Theyll need to understand its such a huge honour to be a Scholar and such a huge opportunity to meet people and learn. Even a tiny fraction of their ability as an athlete can mean the difference between standing or not standing on the podium.Being the national high performance coach is challenging but my goal is to do well, particularly with athletes heading to the Rio Olympics and Paralympics. I want those guys to be as well prepared as possible and hopefully we can put them in a place to deliver something special.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS19 - 27 MAY: Savannah Marshall, World Championships in Kazakhstan22 - 30 MAY: Sam Oldham, Europan Gymnastics Championships in Switzerland Also See: Euan Burton wins Commonwealth gold Sport Scotland British Judo Council Euan Burton on Twitter About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Cheap Jerseys . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. http://www.nfljerseyschina.net/ .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position.CALGARY -- For a guy that has spent the majority of the season split between the ECHL and AHL, Winnipeg goaltender Michael Hutchinson sure looked like an NHL goaltender on Friday night. Paul Postma scored the game-winning goal and Hutchinson made 35 saves, including 18 in a perfect third period, as the Jets hung on for a 5-3 win over the Calgary Flames. "Especially with where I started at the start of the year, I didnt think it would be possible to be in the NHL," said Hutchinson, who played Winnipegs final three games compiling a 2-1-0 record, 1.64 goals-against average and .943 save percentage. Postma broke a 3-3 tie at 9:16 of the third, ripping a slapshot past Karri Ramo from the blue-line. "There was a lot of traffic in front of the net and I just wanted to get it through. I took a shot, kept it low and it found a way into the back of the net," said Postma. It then fell upon Hutchinson to preserve the lead as the Flames feverishly buzzed around the Jets end, outshooting the visitors 14-1 before Blake Wheeler put the game away with an empty net goal. "I definitely had a lot of work in the third period but at the same time, our guys played hard in front and blocked a lot of shots," said the 24-year-old. "When your guys are working that hard in front of you, it gives you that added incentive to bear down and make those saves." One of Hutchinsons biggest stops came with four minutes left when he threw out his glove to stab a shot from Kenny Agostino, who had been sent in alone. "Hutch played so well for us these last three games. Hes got a bright future ahead of him and were looking forward to playing with him," Postma said. Michael Frolik, Evander Kane and Carl Klingberg also scored for Winnipeg (37-35-10). It was the final game of the season for the Jets. Going back to its days in Atlanta, the franchise has missed the playoffs the past seven years. Jiri Hudler, Sean Monahan and Kris Russell scored for Calgary (35-39-7), which had its four-game winning streak snapped. "We didnt get the start that we wanted but by the middle of the second period after those two power-play goals, it seemed like the momentum shifted and we had a great third period," said Flames coach Bob Hartley. "We missed a few chances, we hit some posts. The boys were on a mission, they wanted that win for the fans but unfortunately we couldnt get it done." It was Calgarys final game at the Scotiabank Saddledome, where they finish up 19-19-3. After the game as the players saluted the fans with a wave of their sticks at centre ice, the appreciative crowd rose to their feet in a thundering ovation. "It was cool that everyone stayed in the building. Its been great all year. TThe support has been unbelievable," said Flames captain Mark Giordano. Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys. Testament to how hard Calgary has played is its 49 one-goal games (25-18-7), which ties the NHL record set by Florida in 2010-11. "Weve really tried to establish a work ethic and an identity of being one of the hardest-working teams in the league," said veteran Flames centre Matt Stajan. "Its exciting for everybody and Im glad the fans see that. But we know we have a lot of work ahead of us. No one is satisfied in here. We have to find a way to get at least 15 more points next year and get into the playoff picture." Hartley is proud of how his team has played and says the fans are too. "Its mutual respect. Its a great story between this team and the fans. We are all part of a great community and you can feel that pride," Hartley said. "Its on me to keep that pride and keep that progression going. Despite the loss tonight I am really happy how we turned our season, especially at home. Thats where success starts." Down 3-1 halfway through the second, the Flames got a great chance to get back in the game when they got a two-man advantage for 1:31. Mark Stuart put the Jets down two men when he caught Hudler in the face with a high stick. Although just 1-for-9 with a two-man advantage coming into the game, this time Calgary took full advantage when Monahan scored at 11:46 and Russell tied it 24 seconds later. Monahans 22nd goal is the most by a Flames rookie in 24 years, dating back to 1989-90 when Paul Ranheim had 26 and Sergei Makarov had 24. After Hudlers goal reduced the Jets lead to 2-1, Winnipeg restored its two-goal cushion at 8:48 when Klingberg curled out from behind the net and wrapped in his first NHL goal. The Jets scored twice in the first. Frolik on a deflection off of Flames defenceman TJ Brodie at 7:23 then Kane at 16:10 when he ripped a wrist shot into the top corner. "I never ever put a lot of stock into the last games when youre out, except if they quit on each other, if they just say Its fine," said Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice. "They didnt quit and there was nothing on the line." Ramo had 22 stops to see his record fall to 17-14-4. Notes: Rookie Jets D Jacob Trouba left the game halfway through the first period after a shot from Paul Byron hit his own stick blade and struck him in the face. He did not return... Calgary C Mike Cammalleri (virus) did not play... Maurice finishes the year 18-12-5 after taking over as Winnipegs head coach on Jan. 12... Flames signed Hobey Baker winner Johnny Gaudreau and his Boston College linemate Bill Arnold. Both will join the team for practice Saturday in Vancouver and will be in the line-up against the Canucks on Sunday. ' ' ' After retiring from judo for a second time as Commonwealth champion in 2014, youd think Euan Burton would have quietly stepped into an office job that didnt involve throwing people on to mats. China Jerseys . Not his style. The 37-year-old now keeps himself busy hurling his wife across the floor… and getting paid for it! Burton, born in Ascot, is leading the judo performance programme for his adopted Scotland in Edinburgh.Gemma Gibbons, AKA Mrs Burton and Olympic silver medalist in 2012, is continuing her qualifying battle for Rio and she couldnt have a better mentor and coach in her corner.Her husband reveals why he made a U-turn on quitting the sport, his love affair with Scotland and how being a Sky Academy Sports Scholar ignited his career.I was on the podium at the Commonwealths and I just felt relief. I was in Glasgow, in front of a sell-out home crowd, Scottish flags were everywhere and everyone was screaming. It was the perfect way to hang up my judo kit and I thought this has been a good career.There were 24 months to Rio and I had moved up two weight categories to 100kg. I had been fighting at 81kg which meant a lot of dieting. My natural progression was to move to 90 but because I was coaching those three fighters trying to qualify at that same weight I would have felt very uncomfortable going against them! Mr and Mrs Burton with Euan adding an MBE to his collection for his judo career It turned out that I had done something pretty special.The Olympic level is something very different. My body was getting older and my ability and motivation to go through the torture at the elite level was probably waning! I would be 37 in Rio and I wasnt willing to be at an Olympics just to take part. Winning a medal didnt feel realistic so I was happy to let the younger guys take over!I first gave up judo after the 2012 Olympics which hadnt gone to plan. I had the desire and drive to win a medal but that didnt materialise. I moved into coaching and was working with the Scottish athletes aiming for the Commonwealth Games and we had high aspirations being a home Games.A year after London I was just a coach keeping my eye on the mat. All my focus was on the coaching, but I had never competed for Scotland having always fought under the Union Jack for Britain at the major competitions.I had spent my whole career training in Scotland and I was very proud to be a Scottish athlete and I thought that if I could give something back and win a medal it would be good for me and Scotland and to end my career.I was training so much in those last six months. I was then told to focus on winning a medal in the last three months! Fortunately I won gold and it was the most successful Commonwealths ever for Scotland and for judo - It was 30 medals, 14 athletes, six golds - not a bad return!I was a Scholar in the build-up to London 2012 and it helped in so many ways. Something I became of aware of very quickly was the level and professionalism of the profile of myself as an athlete and judo as a sport. Crazy scenes in Glasgow as Burton is crowned Commonwealth champion in 2014 We werent stupid because many people didnt know what judo was but driving in Edinburgh seeing the Sky branding and the Team GB branding on a bus stop was amazing and for people to view me as athlete and to make people think thats a sport our kids could do was incredible - that was a major benefit.I got texted from people at bus stops beside my picture saying youre not looking too bad as an old man! It represented the sport in a good way. People involved in judo are very passionate and they wished more people knew about judo and so getting feedback from Sky and how well youre coming across gave me a good feeling. Seeing your face on the big posters was unreal though! It was almost embarrassing but in a very good way. Boosting the profile of the sport is something Im very proud of.I didnt capitalise with a medal but my wife did with a silver at London. She took everybodys hearts.The amount of time and work you put into your sport, the money you make is often disproportionate and so getting the support from the Scholarship scheme was just a fantastic feeling. It was small things like getting those experiences visiting the Sky studios understanding how to promote yourself, how the industry works and what makes a good story.It taught me how to deliver my story in a 30-second snippet in front of camera. That makes a big difference as an athlete. Being able to present and talk to people now, you cannot underestimate how big an impact those experiences can have on you going forward.One amazing thing about the Scholarships was the variety of athletes. We had gymnast Louis Smith and swimmer Liam Tancock and we were all brought together for promotion. You can get caught up in a bubble of your own sport and it was so good to share experiences of other sports with people who went through similar things. Born in England, but Burton is now helping to propel Scotlands top judo athletes on the worlds stage I was always trying to learn and take the good from what anybody is doing and that was very beneficial. I picked up so many little ideas on adjusting training or preparing better.For any new Scholars, I would recommend them embracing all the opportunities. Get out of your comfort zone! Certain experiences will fill you with dread and youll wonder how youll cope. But anything that challenges you help you develop.Theyll need to understand its such a huge honour to be a Scholar and such a huge opportunity to meet people and learn. Even a tiny fraction of their ability as an athlete can mean the difference between standing or not standing on the podium.Being the national high performance coach is challenging but my goal is to do well, particularly with athletes heading to the Rio Olympics and Paralympics. I want those guys to be as well prepared as possible and hopefully we can put them in a place to deliver something special.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS19 - 27 MAY: Savannah Marshall, World Championships in Kazakhstan22 - 30 MAY: Sam Oldham, Europan Gymnastics Championships in Switzerland Also See: Euan Burton wins Commonwealth gold Sport Scotland British Judo Council Euan Burton on Twitter About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Cheap Jerseys . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. http://www.nfljerseyschina.net/ .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position.CALGARY -- For a guy that has spent the majority of the season split between the ECHL and AHL, Winnipeg goaltender Michael Hutchinson sure looked like an NHL goaltender on Friday night. Paul Postma scored the game-winning goal and Hutchinson made 35 saves, including 18 in a perfect third period, as the Jets hung on for a 5-3 win over the Calgary Flames. "Especially with where I started at the start of the year, I didnt think it would be possible to be in the NHL," said Hutchinson, who played Winnipegs final three games compiling a 2-1-0 record, 1.64 goals-against average and .943 save percentage. Postma broke a 3-3 tie at 9:16 of the third, ripping a slapshot past Karri Ramo from the blue-line. "There was a lot of traffic in front of the net and I just wanted to get it through. I took a shot, kept it low and it found a way into the back of the net," said Postma. It then fell upon Hutchinson to preserve the lead as the Flames feverishly buzzed around the Jets end, outshooting the visitors 14-1 before Blake Wheeler put the game away with an empty net goal. "I definitely had a lot of work in the third period but at the same time, our guys played hard in front and blocked a lot of shots," said the 24-year-old. "When your guys are working that hard in front of you, it gives you that added incentive to bear down and make those saves." One of Hutchinsons biggest stops came with four minutes left when he threw out his glove to stab a shot from Kenny Agostino, who had been sent in alone. "Hutch played so well for us these last three games. Hes got a bright future ahead of him and were looking forward to playing with him," Postma said. Michael Frolik, Evander Kane and Carl Klingberg also scored for Winnipeg (37-35-10). It was the final game of the season for the Jets. Going back to its days in Atlanta, the franchise has missed the playoffs the past seven years. Jiri Hudler, Sean Monahan and Kris Russell scored for Calgary (35-39-7), which had its four-game winning streak snapped. "We didnt get the start that we wanted but by the middle of the second period after those two power-play goals, it seemed like the momentum shifted and we had a great third period," said Flames coach Bob Hartley. "We missed a few chances, we hit some posts. The boys were on a mission, they wanted that win for the fans but unfortunately we couldnt get it done." It was Calgarys final game at the Scotiabank Saddledome, where they finish up 19-19-3. After the game as the players saluted the fans with a wave of their sticks at centre ice, the appreciative crowd rose to their feet in a thundering ovation. "It was cool that everyone stayed in the building. Its been great all year. TThe support has been unbelievable," said Flames captain Mark Giordano. Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys. Testament to how hard Calgary has played is its 49 one-goal games (25-18-7), which ties the NHL record set by Florida in 2010-11. "Weve really tried to establish a work ethic and an identity of being one of the hardest-working teams in the league," said veteran Flames centre Matt Stajan. "Its exciting for everybody and Im glad the fans see that. But we know we have a lot of work ahead of us. No one is satisfied in here. We have to find a way to get at least 15 more points next year and get into the playoff picture." Hartley is proud of how his team has played and says the fans are too. "Its mutual respect. Its a great story between this team and the fans. We are all part of a great community and you can feel that pride," Hartley said. "Its on me to keep that pride and keep that progression going. Despite the loss tonight I am really happy how we turned our season, especially at home. Thats where success starts." Down 3-1 halfway through the second, the Flames got a great chance to get back in the game when they got a two-man advantage for 1:31. Mark Stuart put the Jets down two men when he caught Hudler in the face with a high stick. Although just 1-for-9 with a two-man advantage coming into the game, this time Calgary took full advantage when Monahan scored at 11:46 and Russell tied it 24 seconds later. Monahans 22nd goal is the most by a Flames rookie in 24 years, dating back to 1989-90 when Paul Ranheim had 26 and Sergei Makarov had 24. After Hudlers goal reduced the Jets lead to 2-1, Winnipeg restored its two-goal cushion at 8:48 when Klingberg curled out from behind the net and wrapped in his first NHL goal. The Jets scored twice in the first. Frolik on a deflection off of Flames defenceman TJ Brodie at 7:23 then Kane at 16:10 when he ripped a wrist shot into the top corner. "I never ever put a lot of stock into the last games when youre out, except if they quit on each other, if they just say Its fine," said Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice. "They didnt quit and there was nothing on the line." Ramo had 22 stops to see his record fall to 17-14-4. Notes: Rookie Jets D Jacob Trouba left the game halfway through the first period after a shot from Paul Byron hit his own stick blade and struck him in the face. He did not return... Calgary C Mike Cammalleri (virus) did not play... Maurice finishes the year 18-12-5 after taking over as Winnipegs head coach on Jan. 12... Flames signed Hobey Baker winner Johnny Gaudreau and his Boston College linemate Bill Arnold. Both will join the team for practice Saturday in Vancouver and will be in the line-up against the Canucks on Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz