Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

12.01.2019 07:25
y when he scored 282 not out for Northcote against Essendon to win the 1965-66 Victoria Cricket Association Premiership final.I Antworten

I opened the batting with Bill Lawry when he scored 282 not out for Northcote against Essendon to win the 1965-66 Victoria Cricket Association Premiership final.I was a 22-year-old in my fourth year of grade cricket. Bill had just come off a hundred at the MCG against England that helped Australia retain the Ashes.He batted for 509 minutes and faced 454 balls. It was a two-innings match, supposed to be played over two weekends. But the rules were that if there was no chance of getting both innings in, the match would be decided on whoever scored the most runs in their first innings. The first innings had to be played to a finish, though.It took three weekends to finish this game. Essendon scored 514 for 9 declared, batting first. Thats a lot of runs, someone said in our dressing room, after wed come off. Bill didnt think it was enough, though. The wicket was good and he couldnt understand why theyd declared. This is a grand final, he told everyone.Earlier in the season, he had made a duck against Essendon. Hes got a memory like an elephant, forgets nothing, and was determined to make up for this rare failure. Straightaway he started accumulating runs. Nothing flash, just like he was playing in a Test match.Thats what stood out about Bill. He played club cricket just as seriously and carefully as if he was playing for Australia.I was dropped at third slip first ball, but was still there at the close of play. We had 98 by then. Bill said that if I didnt get out in the first hour the next day, wed win the game. He also told me not to play back to their legspinner. The next day, just after the hour, I played back to the legspinner and was out lbw.Bill didnt give a single chance in his 282, in almost two and a half days of batting. It was the same whenever he batted. Never looked like getting out. Bill saw the ball much earlier than the rest of us, and at club level didnt appear to have any weaknesses. He judged the ball perfectly outside off stump. Even when the opposition had their state players, Bill dominated, simply by having complete mastery of his game.Playing with someone that good inspired you to play better yourself. Our middle-order batsman Tom Ryan was a bit of a hitter, but for the final, Bill just said to him. Cut that out today. Tom scored 82 and put on nearly 200 with Bill.As a captain, Bill was a hard taskmaster, but people listened to him. He dropped me to No. 11 for one game because I questioned one of his decisions.The final against Essendon was played at the Albert Ground in Melbourne, the Melbourne Cricket Clubs second ground. Id never seen it so full. As Bill closed in on the target, there was a 70-metre queue outside to get in. Wholesale Yeezy Boost 350 Authentic . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Yeezy Boost 350 China Wholesale . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. http://www.wholesaleyeezy350.com/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Wholesale Yeezy Boost 350 Free Shipping . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cheap Authentic Yeezy Boost 350 . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons.Warrington coach Tony Smith has dismissed speculation he could become the new boss of Hull KR. Current Rovers coach James Webster is under contract until the end of the season and Smith, who lives in West Yorkshire, has been linked with the role with his own deal due to expire at the end of the year.But Smith confirmed he will speak to Warrington owner Simon Moran in the next little while to discuss the clubs future plans. It was just speculation, Simon and I - my boss here at Warrington - talk each year and sit down at the right times and discuss things at the right times, he told Sky Sports News HQ. Barrie McDermott discusses Dan Sarginson and Josh Charnleys departures from Wigan and previews this weekends Super League action I am off contract at the end of the year and somebody has linked that probably to the secrecy of the announcement of the Hull KR coach so its speculation maybe to find out whether I was the secret bidder.dddddddddddd.But certainly not, thats not the case and Simon and I will sit down in the next little while and have a chat about our future here at Warrington. Also See: Hull FC hands Wolves first defeat WATCH: Super League preview Rugby League on Sky Follow @SkySportsRL China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz