Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

11.01.2019 08:07
fore the injury.Indianas core has been blown up: Frank Vogel now coaches the Orlando Magic; Roy Hibbert is on his second differe Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- It has been two years since Paul Georges life was inextricably altered during a USA Basketball exhibition game in which he snapped his right leg in gruesome fashion under the basket at the Thomas & Mack Center, an incident he now refers to simply as the injury.Hes back in Las Vegas this week. Back donning a USA jersey across his chest. Back among the games elite. Back fulfilling his reputation as a dominant talent on the court.George already restored his place in the basketball pecking order before this week, making third-team All-NBA and second-team All-Defensive in 2015-16 while putting up better overall numbers than he did for the Indiana Pacers in the season before the injury. Resuming his spot within Team USA just brings things full circle.It means a lot, George said after Team USAs opening practice of training camp in preparation for the Rio Olympics next month. This is like really a redemption to myself. All the bad that happened on that night, I owed myself this opportunity to come back out here and compete for my country.For all that has been made about stars such as?LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard bowing out of international competition this summer, Georges inclusion cant be emphasized enough.Its one of the great stories of this group, said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketballs managing director. I mean, when you think about it, when you think back to the tragedy when the injury took place, no one could have projected where he would be. And was his career over? Was his career going to be limited because of the injury? Would he ever come back fully? And to see him back and to see what hes accomplished back in the league, its like he didnt miss a beat.While George has reclaimed his perch, its impossible not to notice all that has changed since that fateful night in August 2014, when he chased down Harden to foul him on a fast break and suffered an open tibia-fibula fracture after landing awkwardly at the base of the basket stanchion.Donald Trump went from reality TV show host to presidential hopeful; the Golden State Warriors went from a promising group to the league standard for excellence; Georges Pacers went from knocking on the door of the NBA Finals with consecutive Eastern Conference finals appearances to a new-look group thats hardly recognizable compared with what they were before the injury.Indianas core has been blown up: Frank Vogel now coaches the Orlando Magic; Roy Hibbert is on his second different team; David West is on his second different team; Lance Stephenson is on his third different team.It just goes to show the evolution of this game, George said. Im looked upon as the leader and the longest-[tenured] Pacer now. So its sunk in. I dont think it will officially sink in until training camps started, and Im looking around, and Im the face of it. So its just part of the game, and Ill deal with it.Indianas future, although its a promising one with the offseason additions of Jeff Teague, Al Jefferson and Thaddeus Young, is yet to be determined. What is certain is how George took a guarantee made by Colangelo shortly after the injury that there would a spot waiting for him on the 16 Olympic team, and went and proved he belonged anyway.It was meant to be an incentive for him, Colangelo said. But when you see its actually happened and hes earned it in every way, this is not a gift here. Hes literally earned this spot. Its just a lot of extra love involved in this one. So were very happy for him, and its great to have him here.This summer could end up being a reminder to the world just how good George really is. With no James or Leonard, hell team with Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony as the teams most versatile swingman.The way hes just handled everything: physically to be at the level hes at, emotionally, mentally ... coach Mike Krzyzewski said. I mean, wow. I remember being in a hospital with him. ... You try to envision and talk about, Well, in Rio, youll be there. And you hope that you believe that, you think you do, but then maybe thats not going to happen. And it is. And hopefully we win, and that would be an even better story.That story and the way it unfolds at the Olympics is the final march on Georges comeback tour.Now I know Im healthy, I know Im OK, I know Im 100 percent, George said. Im back to being myself. Its no limitations. Its no thought in my mind that Im limited to something. I kind of just feel like all the chains are off of me and Im free now.Unburdened by the injury, George is embracing being back at the scene where his progress was interrupted.Im just enjoying it, man, he said. Im just enjoying it. This trip is not about the injury. Thats behind me. It happened. Im over it. Its about preparing for a gold medal. Cheap Nike Dunks Online . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Nike Dunk Cheap Wholesale . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. http://www.cheapnikedunk.us/ . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Cheap Nike Dunks For Sale . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Nike Dunk Wholesale China . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall has brought a new way of doing things to Virginia, using his theories of earned, not given and there are two ways of doing things: right, or again in trying to steer the Cavaliers to the success that has been elusive for so long.The Cavaliers did not have a typical spring game, but instead a typical practice with fans watching. They did not have a starting quarterback when that was over, even with incumbent and team leader Matt Johns returning. Instead, Johns, Connor Brewer and transfer Kurt Benkert have been battling for the job ever since.The coach, who serves as his own defensive coordinator and typically runs a 3-4 scheme, has been pleased with the results so far.I love our team because of how willing they are to work and how hard theyve worked, he said as preseason camp began. Thats something theyve chosen to do, and my responsibility, as long as they keep that up, is to put them in the very best positions ... to have success.The biggest question is behind center. Johns threw 20 touchdown passes last season, but also threw 17 interceptions, and began the spring as the least familiar with the offense among the three contenders.Hopefully my experience will give me a little bit of an advantage, Johns said, but at the same time, its about earning the coaches trust and playing simple and decisive and really competing every single day.The winner will have plenty of playmaking options to look to, starting with tailback Taquan Mizzell and multipurpose speedster Olamide Zaccheaus and including receivers Andrew Levrone and Doni Dowling, both back from injuries. Virginia is deep at running back, and moving the ball doesnt seem to be a concern of the coaches.On defense, nose tackle Donte Wilkins, linebacker Micah Kiser and safety Quin Blanding give them stalwarts and signal callers at all three levels, and Blanding is comfortable that Mendenhall will hhave the unit ready.ddddddddddddWe love him, and were thankful for him to be here, he said. Were just ready to win games.Some things to watch with Virginia this season:CHAPTER ONEThe Mendenhall era starts with a game against very talented Richmond of the Championship Subdivision, and rarely has an opener meant more. Sure, the Spiders are a lower-level opponent, but the Cavaliers have had their hands full with Richmond a few times in recent seasons, and they travel in Week Two to high-powered Oregon. Getting off to a good start and some positive initial reinforcement could set a tone for the early going.THE QBJohns has the respect of his teammates, but neither the arm strength nor the ability to keep plays alive with his feet that Benkert has shown. Benkert also arrived after spring practice already more familiar with the teams offense, having run it at East Carolina.KEY GAMESThe Cavaliers would love for games later in the season to become more important because of bowl ramifications, but until that happens, games at Connecticut on Sept. 17, at recent nemesis Duke on Oct. 1 and the regular-season finale at Virginia Tech are the one fans will most hope show a new day is dawning for Virginia. The Hokies have won the last 12 meetings in the series.PREDICTI

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz