Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

08.01.2019 10:36
nty of long and brutal rallies.On his first appearance in Scotland for 12 months, Murray was living dangerously against Del Potr Antworten

GLASGOW, Scotland -- To describe Juan Martin del Potros Davis Cup victory over Andy Murray as an instant classic doesnt seem right. There was very little about this -- a match of five sets, five hours, and great, almost-operatic shifts in mood and momentum -- that could be thought of as instant.They were supposed to be reprising the Olympic final; instead, they only went and improved on it in the opening rubber of the semifinal between defending champions Great Britain and Argentina, by producing a match that was even longer on theatre, emotion and quality. More than anything, it was long on time -- Murray had never previously played a match lasting in excess of five hours.As a final twist, there was even a different ending.Understandably, Kyle Edmunds match against Guido Pella wasnt quite the humdinger as the one that had preceded it. And with the Yorkshireman losing in four sets, which left Britain trailing 0-2, the home team must win Saturdays doubles rubber if they are to have a chance of going through to Novembers final against France or Croatia. There was some doubt on Friday evening whether Murray will feature in the doubles alongside his brother Jamie, with the possibility that Dan Evans will deputise for him.So Del Potro, whose comeback year had already brought a victory over Stan Wawrinka at Wimbledon, and wins over Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal in Rio de Janeiro, can now add Murray to that list. For Murray, this was that very rare event -- a defeat in the Davis Cup, with this his first in the competition since losing to Italys Fabio Fognini at the 2014 quarterfinal in Naples.Understandably, this was an emotional match for both of them, especially as it came on the day that Murrays paternal grandfather, Gordon Murray, was laid to rest, with the Wimbledon and Olympic champion missing the funeral. Some 7,000 miles distant from when Murray and Del Potro had played for a gold medal, and a month after that match in Rio de Janeiro, they simply carried on as they had left off. Then they turned the dial.With that Olympic final, they had walked on court with impossibly high expectations, but those were only exceeded with Del Potros 6-4, 5-7, 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 victory in five hours and seven minutes, completed with an ace banged down the T.I did great today, said world No.2 Murray. Im very proud of how I fought, I did fantastic. I fought for every point, tried as best as I could. Thats all you can do.It was very fine margins. That happens in tennis and sport sometimes. It could have gone either way and he just played a little bit better in the fifth set.These two can do most things on a tennis court -- whats clearly beyond them is playing a quick match or anything less than extraordinary. Such was the effort that Del Potro put into the Olympic final, he said he felt dizzy and left the last of his toenails on the court, and the two of them put so much into this -- physically, mentally and emotionally -- that it was a wonder that both stayed intact. The Olympic final had been long -- at a couple of minutes over four hours -- but that was the abridged version next to this.How could Edmund and Pella, who were playing the second singles match of the day, stand a chance of topping that? After losing the opening set, Pella came back to win 6-7, 6-4, 6-3, 6-2, in a match lasting just a touch over three hours.Anyone who suggests that South American crowds are the most excitable in the Davis Cup has plainly never experienced an afternoon at the tennis in Glasgow, amid the pipers and pandemonium, and with Murray orchestrating his public to make even more noise.On the opening afternoon, the galleries were fuelled -- in this order -- by a love for Murray, a desire to see Britains Davis Cup team prosper, and the pre-match mojitos and strawberry daiquiris they had been drinking outside in the sunshine. With an audience of 7,000, the Emirates Arena holds less than half the spectators inside Wimbledons Centre Court, but the crowd is three times as loud. If a health and safety inspector had dropped by, he would have immediately issued Murray and Del Potro with industrial ear-protectors.And, given the menace, the mph and the mayhem of Del Potros forehand, that inspector would doubtless also have urged Murray to put on some body-armour. For a man of such a gentle nature off the court, Del Potro could not be more violent on it, even after all the wrist operations that have vandalised his career, keeping him off the scene for years. From the very first game, he was taking giant swings with his forehand, really crushing the tennis ball. Thats not to say, though, that he was hitting streams of winners, as Murray was retrieving, defending and counter-attacking as only he can, and there were plenty of long and brutal rallies.On his first appearance in Scotland for 12 months, Murray was living dangerously against Del Potros forehand. So was Murrays racket, as at times it looked as though the Scot was thinking extremely hard about smashing it on the ground. The Argentine fans, gathered in the stand behind the umpires chair, made themselves heard with chants of Delpo, Delpo. But Murray dodged danger, and so did that frame.When Murray was serving at 4-4 in the second set, Del Potro was just a point away away from breaking, which would have left him serving for a two-set lead. But Murray held on, after saving that breakpoint with a volleyed winner, and he later broke Del Potro for the set after the Argentina put a backhand wide. That finish to the set wasnt without controversy, as the crowd had called out earlier in the point when they had believed one of Del Potros shots was going to miss the court, only for it to land inside the line. After hurling his racket to the floor, Del Potro immediately walked behind the umpires chair where he fetched the referee.But those Argentine protests didnt come to anything, apart from the umpire reminding the crowd to keep quiet during rallies.For a while, the crowd must have been thinking of Murray as Harry Houdini in shorts -- his talent as an escapologist was evident when Del Potro, serving at 5-4, had a point for the third set. Murrays response was to send the ball looping over the Tower of Tandil, to break serve and then snaffle the tiebreak. But Del Potro wasnt finished. Nor was the match. Far from it.Del Potro said: Im so tired. Ive got cramps everywhere. It was my longest match of my career and I won it against Andy playing here.Its very special for me and also the way of my tennis. It could be the revenge [for the Olympics]. But in that match I was exhausted before the final. We made a good choice with the captain to play Andy on the first day. Retro Jordan Shoes For Sale . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Air Jordan Shoes For Sale .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. http://www.cheapairjordan-shoes.com/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Cheap Jordan Shoes For Sale .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. VAL GARDENA, Italy -- Bode Miller, Daron Rahlves, Bill Johnson, Buddy Werner.None of these accomplished skiers have achieved what Steven Nyman is aiming for this season: To become the first American man to claim the season-long World Cup downhill title.Having finished sixth in the past two seasons -- and within 76 points (less than the 100 points earned with one race win) of the crystal globe trophy last season -- Nyman believes he has what it takes to surge into the top spot.Its a possibility in my head, because I performed really well in the beginning of last season and I performed really well in the end of the year, Nyman said on Thursday after placing second in the final downhill training session on his preferred course in Val Gardena. So if I can figure out how to link all that together I definitely have a shot at the title.But its a big step and big names like Bode and Daron and (A.J.) Kitt and (Kyle) Rasmussen and Bill Johnson -- nobody has ever won it, Nyman added. So for me to say that is a big statement.Miller came close to the title in 2008, finishing five points behind Didier Cuche when the final downhill of the season was canceled in Bormio.Rahlves finished a distant second to Stephan Eberharter in 2003.If Nyman does realize his goal, hell raise the trophy on home snow at the World Cup Finals in Aspen, Colorado, not far from Nymans hometown of Sundance, Utah.After finishing only 15th in the opening downhill of this season in Val dIsere, France, this month, Nyman will be looking for a lot more on Saturday in Val Gardena, where he has claimed his only three career wins.With one more downhill win in Val Gardena, Nyman can match the course record shared by Austrian great Franz Klammer and Italian great Kristian Ghedina.Ive performed at most of the hills already so I just have to really stay focused and execute, Nyman said. The equipment is styled. Everytthing has been pretty good.dddddddddddd My body is quite healthy.Over his career, Nyman has achieved podium results in five other World Cup resorts -- including a third-place on the course in South Korea that will host the Pyeongchang Olympics in 2018.Still, Nyman hasnt been able to win anywhere else besides Val Gardena.When I see him ski here the confidence seems a lot higher, Canadian rival Erik Guay said. I dont think Ive seen him ski with that kind of confidence in a place like Beaver Creek or Kitzbuehel.Peter Fill of Italy, who grew up just down the road from the Val Gardena course, is the defending downhill champion.Win or lose, Nyman will enjoy himself in Val Gardena.On Sunday, Nyman will take his annual tour around the Sellaronda, a 40-kilometer (25-mile) loop of interconnected trails around the Sella Range massif in the heart of the Dolomites that traverses four Alpine passes.Last year, Nyman completed the Sellaronda on a mono ski.And I had never mono skied before. It was a long 40 kilometers. It took all day. But it was a lot of fun. You cant get a bad view here. And to ski all the way around and witness the air show in Alta Badia for the giant slalom is pretty exciting.Nyman finishes off his tour with a seafood dinner at the Emilio Comici refuge in Val Gardena.The fish is brought in every day from the Mediterranean so its top notch, Nyman said. Theyre proud of their food here and I like eating a lot of it. The people, the food, the air. Its kind of like the Mediterranean air. I step out of the car here and I just feel at home. Our hosts, the Demetzs, is family to us.When Nyman returns to Val Gardena next year, hes hoping it will be as the reigning World Cup downhill champion.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz