Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

18.12.2018 01:10
while Alabama coach Nick Saban did his best to remain calm and keep things in focus.See ball, hit ball, Saban told CBS sideline Antworten

Five years feels like 50 looking back on it now.It was early November 2011 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The sun had set on clear skies and there was a slight chill in the air as No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama prepared for kickoff. Only one team would leave Bryant-Denny Stadium undefeated that night, and the hype for the game was unlike anything in recent memory.LSU coach Les Miles was positively giddy with excitement, while Alabama coach Nick Saban did his best to remain calm and keep things in focus.See ball, hit ball, Saban told CBS sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson minutes before kickoff.And for one night, it was that simple. He who hit hardest, won. Check all manner of finesse at the door.But never again.It was called the Game of the Century. It also was the last game of an era. Final score in overtime: LSU 9, Alabama 6.Wed never see another defensive performance quite like it again, and its possible we never will.Saban celebrated his 65th birthday earlier this week on Halloween. And in his four decades coaching, he said he has never seen a matchup with as good of two college football teams as that regular-season game back in 2011.If you took a snapshot and said, OK, how many players are in the NFL now? I think it would be pretty alarming.All told, an astounding 42 players would get drafted, including 10 first-round picks on defense.?But Sabans snapshot belongs in a museum for reasons other than its eye-popping numbers. His is a portrait of a much different time in college football.Through two months of the 2016 season, more games have been won while allowing 35 points or more than in all of 2011. Back in 2006, only one FBS team averaged more than 40 points per game. By 2011, it was up to nine. But if this years numbers hold, it will be a record-setting 17, and that includes Alabama at 43.9 points per game.Back in 2011 against LSU, Alabama fielded the opening kickoff and its offense took the field using a position thats now basically extinct: H-back. Whats more, he was joined by not just one, but two tight ends -- and neither of them were split out wide. A stocky 230-pound running back set up a couple of yards behind the quarterback, who was doing something very strange. Rather than taking a shotgun snap, he actually got under center.AJ McCarron handed off to Trent Richardson, who ran for a first down. Then practically nothing happened. Everyone calmly regrouped, there was plenty of time to show a full replay of Richardsons carry, and the chains were carefully set. Thirty seconds later, with the play clock about to reach single-digits, McCarron, who was in no hurry, called for the snap.Then something even more rare than a deliberately paced offense happened: Defense was played, and lots of it.Despite plenty of future pros on both offenses, neither team scored a touchdown. The closest a ball got to the end zone was when LSU safety Eric Reid intercepted a trick play pass near the goal line, wrestling it away from tight end Michael Williams as the two fell to the turf.Of the many favorite memories former LSU defensive backs coach Ron Cooper has of the game, that might be at the top of the list. He called it a big-time pick. When the referee signaled the turnover, it was one of the few times he said the coaches could hear over their headsets.It was a defensive battle, Cooper said. It was a slugfest.I just remember a bunch of field goals, McCarron said.LSU made all three of its attempts. Alabama, meanwhile, went 2-of-6, which proved to be the difference in the game.That was, like, true SEC football, McCarron said, ground-and-pound, like it was back in the day.And everyone paid the price.Alabama offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland looked around the locker room after the loss and saw players who looked as if theyd been in back-to-back games.Guys were totally drained, he said.LSU defensive lineman Bennie Logan mustered the energy to wave an LSU flag in celebration, but he felt the totality of the heavyweight fight on the ride back to Baton Rouge. He had bruises and cuts everywhere. He said his shin was gashed when an Alabama defenders knee brace dug into him in a scrum.Still, its Logans favorite game of all time.A lot of people werent fans of that game because they want to see high-scoring games with no defense, he said. But that wasnt our style of play.Jonathan Allen was glued to the television screen from his home in Virginia in 2011.He was in high school at the time, only a glimmer of the hulking star Alabama defensive end he has become, yet he remembers the Game of the Century vividly.Afterward, he said he told himself, I want to be a part of those type of games.Just the tenacity both teams had, just the grit, he said. It was a nasty game. I loved every part of it.But Allen, who leads Alabama in sacks, can only dream of being in those kinds of games.Logan, who plays in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles, said we wont see any more single-digit defensive games because people dont appreciate it.What was the game last week? Oklahoma and Texas Tech? Logan said. It was like 60 points and 1,000-something yards. ... Its all about scoring instead of stopping somebody.Its more nuanced than that, of course. The proliferation of spread offenses, the prevalence of the hurry-up and various rule changes have changed what constitutes good defense. The speed of the game has ratcheted up so much that 350-pound nose guards like former Alabama star Terrence Cody are obsolete.?Alabama used to be in a 3-4 alignment in 70 percent of its defensive snaps; now Saban is almost exclusively in some form of a nickel look to stop multiple-receiver formations. Matching personnel, which for so long was Sabans secret sauce, is no longer possible as teams refuse to huddle.More speed means more plays, which means more opportunity for points and yards. Last season, Alabama had to defend 243 more plays than it did in 2011. So naturally the Tides record-setting 8.15 points per game allowed in 2011 nearly doubled to 15.3 in 2015.And thats not a reflection of the quality of Alabamas defense, which remains one of the best units in college football. Its just that the goalposts have been moved on what equates to good defense.With two years of the College Football Playoff in the books, Alabama is the only program to reach the top four that finished the season in the top 10 in scoring defense.Miles got himself fired for not adapting on offense, while Saban has gone from a vocal proponent against up-tempo play to one of its most successful users. Two weeks ago, Alabama beat Texas A&M 33-14 with 451 yards of offense, and it was the least productive game of the season for the Tide.Football is not the same, McCarron said.McCarron, like all the former players and coaches who spoke to ESPN.com for this story, doubted whether wed ever see another game like that 9-6 masterpiece.While that game is a feather in the cap of former LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis career, its hardly the norm anymore.Its tougher now than there used to be, Chavis said. You dont have to go back too far, but you can dial it back a few years and if you gave up 300 yards as a defensive coordinator, you didnt feel very good about it. You gave up over 17 points, you didnt feel very good about it. Those were the landmarks you had to establish to be a winning football team.And yet it was only a couple of weeks ago that Chavis Texas A&M defense gave up nearly 700 yards of offense and beat Tennessee. Thats no knock on Chavis, who is regarded as one of the best defensive minds of his generation. Its just that the game has changed and people want to see the excitement of a shootout, Chavis said.The days of single-digit slugfests like Alabama-LSU may be long gone, but its not without some sorrow.I dont think its real likely, Chavis said, but if it is, I want to be a part of it. Wholesale Air Max Plus China . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Air Max Plus Shoes . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. http://www.wholesaleairmaxplus.com/ . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Wholesale Air Max Plus . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Cheap Air Max Plus China. . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The Olympic Games is running into a storm of controversy involving Caster Semenya, the favorite in the womens 800 meters. The South African, the unwilling face of tracks ethical and medical dilemma over women with high levels of testosterone, sharply divides opinion -- even among fellow competitors.After qualifying comfortably on Wednesday for the 800 semifinals, Semenya strode past reporters without talking. Her competitors had plenty to say. Some embraced the 25-year-old as just another competitor, while others said theyd rather see women in her situation in separate races.Suspicions among fellow competitors that Semenya isnt the only 800-meter runner in Rio de Janeiro believed to be hyperandrogenic -- a condition that can cause women to produce unusually elevated levels of testosterone -- are adding extra urgency to the debate, especially with Olympic medals on the line. Testosterone is a strength-building hormone in both men and, usually in far lower levels, in women. Until last year, there was a threshold limit on testosterone for women athletes. But that is now on hold, leaving some competitors feeling that hyperandrogenic women are almost unbeatable in the 800.I think that we need separate events for them, and for us, said Nataliia Lupu of Ukraine, who also qualified for the semis. You can see that its easy for them.Semenya, she added, will definitely win against us, even without using her full strength.At the other end of the spectrum of opinion was Tsepang Sello from Lesotho, who did not advance.She is a woman and she must be allowed to run like us, Sello said of Semenya. She is not the only one in the world running as a woman in her condition.The general consensus seemed to be that there is no easy solution that would protect the rights of Semenya and those who run against her. Several athletes refused to discuss the issue that has become a minefield for the International Association of Athletics Federations since its rules governing hyperandrogenic women failed to stand up to a legal challenge brought by Indian sprinter Dutee Chand. Under the rules, hyperandrogenic women who wanted to compete could be obliged to lower their testosterone levels to below the IAAFs required threshold, with surgery or medicinal treatments.The Court of Arbitration for Sport suspended the rules last year, which has allowed hyperandrogenic women to run in Rio without treatment. Semenyas times have improved after the ruling.Its a very peculiar situation, almost unheard of in sports as far I as I know, said Luxembourg runner Charline Mathias, who did not make the semis. I dont see how you can stop her from running. A way has to be found. Of course, she has certain advantages. But even with those advantages, she has to work hard. She trains. She suffers. She has worked hard to get here. Plus, she has the eyes of the world upon her. Theres a loot of discussion around her.dddddddddddd Im happy I dont have to take a decision on all this, because I would not know what to do.Semenya has been under unwanted scrutiny ever since word leaked in 2009, just before she won the 800-meter world title as a 19-year-old, that track officials mandated that she undergo sex testing. The IAAF rules were introduced in 2011. She was suspended for 11 months. She came back to win silver at the 2012 London Games, running 1 minute, 57.23 seconds. Her best this season is nearly two seconds quicker.Semenya has never spoken publicly in detail about her condition. Her default position is generally to talk only about her running. That was the case again on Wednesday, after she ran 1:59.31 to win her heat. She didnt talk to reporters, but team officials released an audio file.Im just focusing on enjoying my championships, Semenya said. Times dont matter in championships but medals, gold medals, silver or bronze, those are targets.Semenya appeared to cruise, only briefly unleashing her power with about 200 to go.Trying to feel my body first so I can feel comfortable, she said. I tried to get in the top two the last 200 so I can win and then I can be safe for the semifinals.Chinas Wang Chunyu, who ran a personal best behind Semenya but didnt qualify in fourth, said, Its a bit unfair.But everyone says (her condition) is natural and that not letting her compete was even more unfair, she said.Some athletes said racing against Semenya has forced them to improve.If anything she has probably helped a lot of us run quite a bit faster this year than we might have otherwise, said Frances Justine Fedronic, who also failed to advance.When you line up against someone like that, you know its going to be a completely different ball game, she added. I do feel for her. It is probably not something she was aware of most of her life and she is just trying to be out there are train and compete just like the rest of us so that is really not fair to her but it is not fair for others, too. So I dont know what the solution is. There definitely isnt a clear one.She and other competitors said they are concerned that increasing numbers of hyperandrogenic women will follow Semenyas lead and dominate if rules to limit their perceived advantage arent reintroduced. In its 2015 ruling, the CAS didnt overturn the rules completely, giving the IAAF until July 2017 to produce evidence that hyperandrogenic women have a significant advantage.We dont feel so great about them because we see the energy they are having is not the same energy we are having, said Halimah Nakaayi from Uganda. She advanced to the semis with a personal best 1:59.78. I wish they could form their (own) category because more and more are still coming up. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz