Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

03.12.2018 01:17
ds Rory and Belinda Sloane called in from New Orleans and despite being anything but gridiron addicts, told us they had the time Antworten

A vacation that consists of stops in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Miami is always going to provide you with some highlights but, like the last time I travelled to the U.S, it was a small-ish town in Louisiana that stole the show.In 2014, I embarked on a similar sports-thirsty holiday with teammate Tom Lynch. Our final stop was Baton Rouge in the heart of college football country. With a population of around 200,000, Baton Rouge is very similar to many of Australias large rural towns like Townsville or Cairns in far North Queensland. However, the LSU Tigers dont reside in far North Queensland - they live in Death Valley!Baton Rouge is home of Louisiana State University - a mighty college that competes in the southeastern conference of NCAAs collegiate football. Its basketball team has seen players like Australias No. 1 overall NBA draft pick Ben Simmons, the legendary Shaquille ONeal and before him Pistol Pete Maravich go through its doors.Aside from Simmons, LSU has an ever-growing Aussie contingent among its ranks with three boys from Down Under having played for the Tigers football team. Brad Wing started the trend and is now enjoying a promising career in the NFL with the New York Giants. Rockhamptons Jamie Keehn followed Wing to Baton Rouge and just last season, he graduated after four years in the Bayou. The latest addition to the squad is South Australias Josh Growden, a former Greater Western Sydney AFL player, who battled injury before packing his bags for Louisiana.The game we were in town for just happened to be among the biggest in world sport annually. When LSU and Alabama get together, fireworks ensue, both literally and figuratively. Tiger Stadium holds just over 100,000 people and whilst there were a tick over 102,000 in the house, the noise the crowd made felt like 102,000 jet aeroplanes.Games like these attract people from far and wide.NFL alumni like Patrick Peterson, Kevin Minter and Tyrann Mathieu were on-hand to see their beloved Tigers in action. Mathieu, like many before him, was presented on the field during a time-out after making a $1 million donation to the university.But there were a few more recognisable faces inside Tiger Stadium.Newlyweds Rory and Belinda Sloane called in from New Orleans and despite being anything but gridiron addicts, told us they had the time of their lives. Adelaide club doctor Marc Cesana and his partner Tara also caught the game. Doc is a huge college football fan and he had stops in South Bend and Tuscaloosa before Baton Rouge. Three more iconic college towns you will not find.NCAA football is a brief season, just 12 regular season games meaning the crowd only gets six opportunities to see its team at home. Trust me when I say this, they make all six a party worth remembering. Camper vans fully decked out in LSU purple and gold park in the adjacent streets, BBQs are stoked up and the southern food is cooked to perfection - food and drink is available to all.?If you are here for a good time, youre in the right place.Jamie and his American girlfriend Helen were kind enough to take myself, Hannah, Rory and Belinda to a few tailgates - something all sports fans must experience. It was tent after tent after tent of endless food, drinks, entertainment and excitement as the hours counted down before their Tigers took to the field. Jamie estimated that as the players arrived roughly three hours before the kickoff, 150,000 people would have been surrounding the stadium, all partying like there was no tomorrow.You just asked yourself - 150,000 people does not go into a 102,000-seat stadium - great math, you are correct. At every LSU home game, there are always tens of thousands who come for the party but dont have a ticket to the game. Its truly a mind-blowing event to see live.The match ended up 10-0 in favour of the unbeaten Crimson Tide of Alabama but even me, a now avid LSU fan, could hardly care less. The game day experience was something none of us will ever forget and it is something we all want to experience again.I must say an ENORMOUS thanks to Jamie Keehn who looked after Hannah and I all weekend. He took care of Lynchy and I in 2014 and he came though with the goods again. Josh Growden also deserves a mention, we had the pleasure of sitting with his parents for the game and theyre extremely lovely people who hail from Clare in South Australias wine region. Its a small world.A popular hashtag used by fans of the team is #ForeverLSU - I can say that after two games in person, I am an LSU man forever!#GeauxTigersOur final night was spent in LA watching another famous sports team, the Los Angeles Lakers. The Kobe-less Lakers put in a stellar performance despite 39 points from my man Devin Booker of the Phoenix Suns. Staples Center is a remarkable arena and it was a stellar way to cap off an amazing and memorable holiday.Thanks to ESPN Australia and those people I thanked above for making it all happen and thanks to everyone who engaged with me on social media. I had a such fun bringing the games back to you as I did watching them.Well, we are literally just touching down in Adelaide. Time to go see the dog and get ready for pre-season but never fear, it will soon be time to start planning another U.S sporting extravaganza. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Authentic . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Cheap NHL Jerseys China . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. http://www.wholesalenhljerseys.us/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. New Zealand extend to 15 Tests their winning run since they lost to Australia in August 2015, posting six tries in coasting to a routine victory against South Africa at AMI Stadium.The rampant world champions notched a fourth-successive bonus-point win and consigned the Springboks to a third-straight loss to maintain the respective fortunes of the two historic great rivals.The All Blacks led 15-10 at half-time following some robust early work from the visitors, and they steamed clear against a fraying defence after the break to post the most points they have scored in 10 years against the Springboks..As they did last week against Argentina, the All Blacks pressure broke the Springboks, who had attacked the rucks to disruptive effect throughout the first 40 minutes.The result effectively hands New Zealand the Rugby Championship title with two rounds to spare, while heaping more pressure on Springboks coach Allister Coetzee ahead of home Tests against Australia and New Zealand.The Boks failed to curtail All Blacks half-back Aaron Smith, who unfurled an influenttial display a week after being subbed off early against Argentina when his form dipped.ddddddddddddHis passes set up the first four All Blacks tries, to the back three of Israel Dagg, Julian Savea and Ben Smith, and flanker Ardie Savea.The No.9s kicking game was also a class above that of the Springboks, with five-eighth Elton Jantjes enduring another troubled night.An early penalty to New Zealand five-eighth Beauden Barrett was followed by South Africas only try, when 120-Test winger Bryan Habana ran a beguiling angle.Jantjes then opened the door for the hosts when he dropped the subsequent kickoff cold.It sparked two near-identical tries to wingers Dagg and Savea, the latter notching his first points in seven Tests against the Springboks.Owen Franks finished the Test with an unwanted world record. By failling to score a try in his 84th Test, the All Blacks tighthead prop set a new mark for the longest tryless start to a career. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz