Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

08.11.2018 05:14
t day because free agent signee Ladarius Green is dealing with an ankle injury thats kept him on the physically unable to perfor Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Jordan Dangerfield never lost faith, even as the months passed and the dreaded visits to Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlins office informing the safety he was being released from the teams practice squad piled up.Three times between August 2014 and July 2015 Dangerfield found himself looking for work because the Steelers had needs in other areas. And three times they called back, asking Dangerfield if he wanted to put his hand in the pile one more time. Three times Dangerfield said yes.I know guys in the league that I played with that were in the same position, Dangerfield said. I just had to be patient and wait for my time.One that finally presented itself this summer, when Dangerfield made Pittsburghs 53-man roster as a special teamer then found himself making his first career start last week against Kansas City while Robert Golden nursed an aching hamstring.Save for a couple -- OK, more than a couple -- pregame butterflies, Dangerfield proved he belonged, collecting five tackles while hardly looking overwhelmed by the stage. Dangerfield called his performance a sigh of relief, but nothing more.Im not satisfied from that, Dangerfield said. I have to develop my game and improve all around.And thats kind of the point of having a practice squad in the first place, especially in Pittsburgh. A franchise that prides itself on continuity loves to take fliers on players looking for a foothold in the league and molding them into difference makers.I think when guys come here they have that belief, if something happens coach isnt necessarily going to the outside world and pull a guy from a different team, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. Hes going to give a guy here a shot first. That makes guys believe and understand in themselves and the system here.The proof is scattered throughout the roster. The list of practice squad graduates who will be in uniform for the Steelers (3-1) on Sunday when the New York Jets (1-3) visit include five-time Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison and starting left tackle Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who now protects the blind side of the man who controls one of the NFLs most dangerous offenses.At some point, Villanueva could be joined in the huddle by tight end Xavier Grimble and right tackle Chris Hubbard, both of former practice squadders who now find themselves thrust into more prominent roles due to injury. Grimble scored the first touchdown on his career in Week 2 against Cincinnati and like Dangerfield -- who was out of football completely in 2013 after failing to make the Buffalo Bills before eventually landing in Pittsburgh -- the former USC tight end took a winding path back to being in uniform on game days.Grimble came out of USC after his junior season in 2013 and went undrafted then bounced between practice squads in New England and San Francisco before catching on in Pittsburgh. There was something about the vibe with the Steelers that was just different.From day one when I got here, there was pressure on me to learn the plays and produce and show what I could do on offense, Grimble said. They call it a developmental group. Youre here for a reason.And its not to just serve as a live tackling dummy. They line up with the starters occasionally and are expected to keep copious notes regardless of status.Were in all the meetings, basically all the team meetings, Dangerfield said. They keep you active. We dont just come run, lift, go to practice and use our bodies at practice. They develop us on and off the field.Such an existence, however, can be tenuous at best. Any little injury that can keep you from the practice field means your time is up. Living arrangements are on a month-to-month basis. Yet there is also a brotherhood among the 10-man practice squad that is hard to replicate. When one of them gets promoted, in a way they all do.Youre always rooting for everybody but practice squad is what it is, its an uphill battle, Grimble said. Youre happy to see guys fight through that adversity and make it on a 53-man roster.The opportunities are coming quickly for Pittsburghs current group with injuries piling up quickly. Grimble only survived cut day because free agent signee Ladarius Green is dealing with an ankle injury thats kept him on the physically unable to perform list. Whenever Green gets healthy, Grimble may become expendable.Dangerfield has become a special teams ace, likely making his spot a little more secure. Hes nowhere near ready to say that hes made it but he did make at least one small change to his lifestyle. He signed a six-month lease before the season. Its not a permanent address, but it sure beats those lonely workouts in the fall of 2013 waiting for the phone to ring.Before the game on Sunday night I was definitely thinking about the time I was sitting at home for a whole year of football, he said. Im thankful for the opportunity I got.Game notes G Ramon Foster (chest) was limited in practice but expects to play after missing last week. ... RT Marcus Gilbert (ankle) did not practice. Hubbard filled in. ... T Ryan Harris (shin), LB Jarvis Jones (ankle), LB Ryan Shazier (knee) did not practice.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Dee Ford Jersey . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. http://www.cheapchiefsjerseyssale.com/?tag=xavier-williams-jersey-sale . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Chris Conley Jersey .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Dustin Colquitt Jersey . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. TORONTO -- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have pulled out of the Rogers Cup, leaving the Toronto tournament without three of the worlds top four mens tennis players.Tennis Canada announced the withdrawals Tuesday, a day after Wimbledon champion and world No. 2 Andy Murray said he would not defend his Rogers Cup title this year, citing fatigue.No. 3 Federer is coming off a run to the semifinals at Wimbledon, where he lost in five sets to Canadas Milos Raonic.Toronto is one of my favorite events on the calendar and I am disappointed that I wont be able to compete in front of the great tennis fans in Canada, Federer said in a statement. Looking ahead, it is best for me that I take more time after Wimbledon. I look forward to coming back to Canada nnext year.ddddddddddddFourth-ranked Nadal has not played since withdrawing from the French Open after suffering a wrist injury.I only started practicing a week ago after my wrist injury and I am not ready to play such an important event, he said in a statement. I am very much looking forward to playing in Toronto in a couple of years since I have always been treated great in that tournament and have a lot of great Canadian fans.Top-ranked Novak Djokovic and Raonic, whom Murray beat in three sets in the Wimbledon final, remain part of the Rogers Cup field.The tournament begins with the start of qualifying on Saturday. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz