Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
x123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

03.11.2018 10:09
n and a team physician for the Chicago White Sox, recalls encountering some barriers -- literal ones -- when the White Sox were Antworten

LONDON -- Novak Djokovic survived an early setback, and then made it look all too easy.The second-ranked Serb, who has a chance to reclaim the No. 1 ranking at the O2 Arena next weekend, rallied to beat Dominic Thiem 6-7 (10), 6-0, 6-2 Sunday in his opening match at the season-ending ATP finals.Djokovic won nine of 10 games to take control of the match after losing the first set in a tiebreaker. And even that was close.Yeah, a thrilling tiebreaker, Djokovic said. I had, I think, only one set point. He just played a good point. I was in the rally, but he just was going for his shots.Thiem had his first three set points at 6-3 in the tiebreaker, but he double-faulted twice and then put a backhand into the net to make it 6-6.Djokovic had a chance, too, leading 9-8. But he couldnt close it out with Thiem serving, eventually hitting a backhand long. The Austrian finally won it on his seventh set point with a forehand winner, prompting Djokovic to smack a ball into the crowd.After that, it was just about all Djokovic. The Serb reeled off six straight games to send it to a third set, and then broke Thiem twice more to close it out.Even though I lost the first set, I thought I didnt do too many things wrong, said Djokovic, who saved the only break point he faced. It was just the very high quality of his game that prevailed in the first set.In the following sets, it got to be too much for the Austrian, who was making his debut at the tournament for the top eight players in the world.I lost a little bit energy, not much, but just a little bit (after the first set), Thiem said. Of course, against a player like Novak, he immediately steps up. Thats how the second set went.Thiem said he had a chance to meet Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho after the match, and the pair chatted briefly. Thiem is a fan of English club Chelsea, a team Mourinho has coached in the past.In the late match, fourth-seeded Milos Raonic of Canada beat sixth-seeded Gael Monfils of France 6-3, 6-4.Monfils, who was playing at the ATP finals for the first time, hit a pair of tweeners in the match, but it was Raonic that got the breaks -- one in each half.Djokovic lost the No. 1 ranking to Andy Murray last week, but he can earn it right back in London. If either of the two wins the title next Sunday, that one will be assured of the top ranking -- as long as Djokovic wins another round-robin match on the way to the final.If Djokovic does reclaim the No. 1 ranking, he would finish the season at the top for the third season in a row and the fifth time in six years. Murray is trying to end up as the top man for the first time.With a victory on Sunday, Djokovic can also join Roger Federer as the only players to win the season-ending tournament six times. Federer is not playing in London, sitting out the rest of the season as he continues to recover from knee surgery.Djokovic has had his own injury problems this season, including pulling out of the China Open with an elbow injury in September. In Sundays match, he called for a trainer during the first changeover, but it was because he hurt his thumb on the court after reaching for an early shot.It was just a nasty cut that I had when I didnt manage to return the serve, the first serve, Djokovic said. Just kind of caught the surface, then I cut myself. It was bleeding. I just wanted to stop the bleeding. Ice Hockey Jerseys . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Free Shipping .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinasupply.net/ . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. China Jerseys Free Shipping . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Cheap Jerseys Supply . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. It isnt every 5-year-old who asks for Henry Grays famous anatomy textbook as a Christmas gift. But for one who did, that gift was the first step in launching an impressive career in sports medicine that now involves caring for two professional teams.Dr. Robin West, orthopedic surgeon and chairman of Inova Sports Medicine in Fairfax, Virginia, followed her childhood interest in sketches of the knee all the way to her current position as lead team physician for the Washington Nationals and director of sports medicine and head team physician for the Washington Redskins. She is the first woman to hold these positions in the National Football League and Major League Baseball. And while there are a handful of women who serve as team physicians in each league (eight, including West, in the two leagues combined), Wests leadership role is unique.A few minutes in conversation with Wests mentors, colleagues, employers or, perhaps most importantly, patients quickly reveals just how well respected and universally trusted she is.Dr. James Bradley, head team physician for the Pittsburgh Steelers, mentored West during her sports medicine fellowship and knew right away she had the intangibles to be successful in caring for elite athletes. He refers to the collection of those intangibles as the sports medicine gene.Some people have it and some people dont, says Bradley. And you can tell right away with doctors.He describes an example of this as the ability to react calmly in a crisis situation -- something team physicians face when they rush onto the field to tend to an injured athlete. When a crisis hits, they slow down. They calm down and they start thinking.Bradley believes Wests combination of technical skills as a surgeon, combined with her consistently calm, reassuring manner -- no matter what the circumstances -- is what makes her unique.These qualities led to Bradleys hiring West to work alongside him with the Steelers, a position she held for 11 years. During that time, the athletes came to trust her implicitly. According to Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis, who overlapped with West during the running backs tenure with the Steelers, She can kind of smile in a way that is calming -- something he says is critical when an anxious injured athlete looks to the team doctor to determine just how serious the situation could be.The smile Bettis refers to is one of Wests hallmarks, which belies a steely confidence and a competitive edge honed while West was a swimmer in high school, then at Johns Hopkins. Scheduling conflicts forced her to practice with the boys swim and water polo teams, ensuring she would always feel comfortable even in the predominantly male world of orthopedic surgery. She not only survived the path to a career in sports medicine -- she thrived.In the world of professional sports, where injuries can threaten an athletes career longevity, word of a top orthopedic surgeon travels fast. Broncos tackle Russell Okung entered free agency earlier this year, fresh off a shoulder injury that required surgery. Okung knew any chance for him to land a starting spot with another team was ddependent on the health of his shoulder.dddddddddddd He chose West to operate. Why? I started looking around, Okung said, and her name just kept coming up. People spoke very highly of her and what she did.He noted that West was spot on when setting expectations about his recovery. As Okung began to visit with interested teams, he found out just how well West was known in NFL circles. Some teams I would visit, they didnt even think they needed to do my medical evaluation knowing that she did my surgery.Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo and Redskins president Bruce Allen might be involved in different sports, but they are in agreement about the strength of Wests qualifications, citing her expertise as the reason she was deemed the best person for the job. They each say West has fit in well in their organizations and that the athletes have responded extremely favorably to her presence. For those who would suggest athletes might not feel comfortable sharing their medical concerns with a woman, West thinks the opposite could be true.I actually find that a lot of the players seek me out, West said. I think a lot of them, at least in football, have been raised by their mothers and grandmothers ... so they see them in these authoritative roles or these roles of nurturing.Still, the number of female team physicians in professional sports remains small (again, just eight in a group of nearly 300 team physicians in the NFL and MLB alone) and several challenges remain, including things as simple as access to the necessary facilities.Dr. Kathy Weber, president of the MLB Team Physicians Association and a team physician for the Chicago White Sox, recalls encountering some barriers -- literal ones -- when the White Sox were making their World Series run in 2005. As she tried to enter the training room, shouts of, You cant go in there were repeatedly directed her way. Weber noted there has been increasing acceptance in the majors as athletes become more familiar with the presence of female physicians, but at the end of the day, its the skill set that is most important, and not just those of the technical variety. Weber said she believes intangibles such as flexibility, work ethic and good communication skills are paramount to success.West must be doing something right because she seems to be enjoying her roles, especially now that both seasons are in full swing. When asked whether she sees herself as a role model for little girls, West is quick to say she hopes her example shows what is possible for all young minds.I hope boys can realize that girls can do this, and girls can realize that they can do anything they want to do.Bettis reinforces the notion that the team physician role should be open to whomever is the best fit, regardless of gender.The role is exactly that. Its a role, Bettis said. It doesnt have a male or female face attached to it. It has qualifications... and [Dr. West] checks all the boxes. If I was running an organization, shed be my pick. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz