Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

08.10.2018 01:32
y for the first time in her life. She never doubted her ability to succeed in whatever she chose to do, in large part because of Antworten

Jen Bricker was born without legs due to a genetic defect and abandoned at birth by her biological parents. She was taken in by her adoptive parents and proceeded to have a relatively normal childhood. And like many young girls of the 1990s, she grew up loving gymnastics and idolizing Dominique Moceanu.Bricker, 28, watched her idol win gold with the Magnificent Seven during the 1996 Olympics. She was proud that Moceanu also had Romanian-American heritage and a small stature. Despite her physical limitations, Bricker went on to build her own successful gymnastics career.Then, in 2003, Bricker discovered that her hero was actually her biological sister.Bricker spent four years attempting to meet Moceanu, and they kept their story quiet for four more years. With their other sister, Christina, they went public with their shocking discovery in 2012.While that was -- and remains -- a huge part of Brickers life and identity, its not all she is. Bricker hopes to share her full story in her new book, Everything is Possible: Finding the Faith & Courage to Follow Your Dreams, co-written with Sheryl Berk and released this week.Up until this point, publicly and in the media, people have only known my story or me as an aerialist or as a tumbler, thats really all people know about me, Bricker said by phone from her Los Angeles home. So whats exciting is this book is my heart; its me. Thats never really been shown before, and not even a little bit. Thats what Im really excited about -- to show people my heart, and not just my story.***Raised in Illinois alongside three older brothers by two loving parents, Bricker grew up with the belief that everything was possible. Even though she did not have legs, her family encouraged her to try gymnastics when she expressed interest as a young girl captivated by Moceanu. She almost immediately showed promise in the sport and worked her way through the youth ranks.Because of her impressive athleticism and positive attitude, Bricker began achieving local, national and even global fame, appearing on the Maury Show as a fifth-grader and on a German television program a year later. At the time, she knew she was destined to help inspire others. Even at a young age, she knew a book was in her future.Ive known since I was really young that I would someday write a book, although I thought it was something I would do when I was old and had gray hair, she said. But I knew two years ago, this was the right time for the book. The time is now. And this is exactly what Im supposed to be doing right now.The local tumbling gym became a second home for Bricker as a child, and she competed against able-bodied gymnasts around the area. She refused to have any special treatment and wanted to be judged the same as her peers. While she said she occasionally got stares from opponents and their parents, she quickly proved she was just as good, if not better, than her competition. Her talent and hard work earned her a fourth-place finish at the AAU Junior Olympics in power tumbling as an 11-year-old and a state title as a high school student, among many other titles and awards.After graduating from high school, Bricker was attending a local community college when she saw a sign on campus for the college program at Walt Disney World. She instantly jumped at the chance and was accepted. She moved to Orlando to start her job in park operations. She loved the experience and living independently for the first time in her life. She never doubted her ability to succeed in whatever she chose to do, in large part because of her parents and the confidence they instilled in her.They allowed me to be who Im meant to be, Bricker said. That may seem like a simple thing, but I can see how that would be very difficult. They allowed me to be who I am and who Im meant to be, and not who they wanted me to be. They allowed me to have my own mind, so I would be confident in making my own decisions, and that carried over 100 percent into being an adult and making big decisions.After becoming obsessed with The Lion King show at Disneys Animal Kingdom, Bricker met performer Nate Crawford through a friend. He was instantly intrigued by the idea of developing a show for the two of them and encouraged Bricker to try aerial acrobatics and trampoline. Despite not having tumbled in a few years, Bricker quickly returned to her peak athletic form and learned to love her new disciplines. The duo choreographed an act on the trampoline and had their first performance at the Amway Center in Orlando during the 2008 Mascot Games.Shortly after, the two had to put the show on hiatus as Crawford was cast on Britney Spears Circus tour. It wasnt long before the then-22-year-old Bricker impressed Spears shows producers and they added her to the North American and Australian stints. Appearing in 40 shows, Bricker called it an amazing and crazy time of her life. She also considers it her big break and credits it for opening many doors in the industry that had previously been closed.While her professional life was thriving, she was hiding a big secret in her personal life. Brickers parents showed her the adoption documentation when she was 16, revealing the astounding discovery about Moceanu.It was an absolutely mind-blowing moment, she said. I thought, How can this be real? It was crazy. But then I thought it kind of made sense. We do look alike, we are both Romanian, there are all these things we have in common.After exhaustively searching for Moceanu and figuring out how to reach her, Bricker finally tracked her down in 2007 and wrote her a heartfelt letter. A few weeks later, she received flowers and a personalized Christmas card in return. While it would take several months for the three sisters to meet, they corresponded in the interim and finally got together in May 2008.Their relationship remains a work in progress as they continue to make up for lost time. The three all live in different states, and Dominique and Christina both are married with young children, so its not always easy to get together. They try whenever the opportunity arises.Despite the physical and emotional distances between the sisters, their similarities are unmistakable. When Brickers brothers met her new sisters, they were astonished by the likeness.My brothers were totally tripping out, she said. They were just like Wait, you sound like Jen, and you look like Jen, and you move your hands like Jen! They were just freaking out, but then they just realized they had two more sisters to give a hard time to.Once the sisters revealed their story, Bricker was relieved they no longer had to keep it a secret -- and she was happy she could finally post a picture of herself with her siblings on Facebook.It was so tough to finally have met them and have had such a celebratory moment and not being able to share it with so many people in my life, Bricker said.Now, Bricker plans to further leave her mark on the world. She wants to one day land a sportswear or makeup ad campaign (It could flip the beauty industry upside down!) and eventually get married and have a family -- with both biological and adopted children.In the meantime, she continues to build her relationship with her sisters, and might even begin work on another book soon. Ultimately, she just wants to inspire others with her powerful story of perseverance, positivity and cant-stop-me attitude. She hopes her message will help anyone, regardless of physical limitations or otherwise.Everyone has gifts and talents and abilities, there is equal power in that, she said. One is not more important than the other. With that equal significance, what someone brings to the table is equal and has equal power to change someones life.Their story may look different than my story, but it might have the same power to change someones life out there. Joey Rickard Jersey . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Cal Ripken Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. http://www.theoriolesteamshop.com/Orioles-Roberto-Alomar-Kids-Jersey/ . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. Brad Brach Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Chance Sisco Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. SOELDEN, Austria -- For once, Ted Ligety could live with finishing fifth in an event he had won four times in the previous five years.At least hes back racing again.The Olympic and world giant slalom champion returned to the Alpine skiing World Cup on Sunday, nine months after tearing the ACL in his right knee in a training accident.In 14th place and 1.49 seconds off the lead after the opening run, Ligety vastly improved in the second and climbed nine spots in the traditional first race of the season on a mountain glacier in the Austrian Alps.I am not here to get 10th place. Even though that wouldnt be a horrible result for the first time back, I like to be challenging for a podium, Ligety told The Associated Press between runs.He came 1.65 behind the dominant winner, Alexis Pinturault of France, but the result made him smile.Im definitely happy with fifth place to start it off with, Ligety said. In the second run I charged a little harder. I skied well, for sure. I definitely felt a little bit more confident than in the first run where I was on the conservative side.The knee injury occurred in Germany in January. By that time, my season was already messed up from smaller injuries, anyway as he dealt with back and hip ailments.After his season got off to a strong start by winning in Soelden and coming runner-up in a super-G in Beaver Creek, Colorado, in early December, the physical troubles took their toll and he failed to finish most races.The training crash then caused the first season-ending injury in his 13-year-old career.During the first couple of weeks, watching races on the couch was less than fun, and a couple of weeks later watching races on the spinning bike was even less fun, Ligety said. But it makes you hungry to race again, too.The American called himself lucky that theere was no more damage because an ACL is a pretty straight forward thing which many skiers have to deal with in their careers.ddddddddddddYoure more likely to win an Olympic gold medal in skiing if you have had an ACL so I am joining a better statistical group now, he joked.Physically fit again but with less training on snow than usual, Ligety returned to the mountain in Austria where he won a record five times in total, most recently a year ago for the last of his 25 World Cup victories.My knee doesnt bother me at all skiing, its just about finding that next high speed gear. I am not there yet but I am happy to race.Usually an all-round competitor, Ligety will first try to regain his old strength in GS before getting other disciplines back onto his schedule.He planned to do some super-G races but could well stay away from what used to be his strongest discipline when he entered the World Cup in 2003 -- the slalom. This summer, he trained in that discipline only for one day.The last couple of years, slalom has not been such a good return on investment for me so Im not really putting too much into that, he said. Ill ski some slaloms if it works out schedule-wise and training-wise.Though his chances to win an overall World Cup title one day are decreasing, the 32-year-old double Olympic champion has enough ambitions left.Like every year, the giant slalom globe is the big goal, said Ligety, who won the prize for the best skier in the discipline five times. Obviously this year I dont have the same awesome prep period and miles as I would normally. The world champs (in Switzerland in February) is coming up also and it would be nice to defend the GS title again. Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz