Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

08.10.2018 01:32
have come up have really made the punt-return team almost more of a defensive unit, making sure you cover everybody, Riley said. Antworten

MIAMI -- It did not take long for Luis Sardinas to make an impact for the San Diego Padres.Sardinas homered and drove in four runs for the Padres in a 7-6 loss to the Miami Marlins on Friday night.I thought Luis Sardinas was outstanding, Padres manager Andy Green said. He had the bases-clearing double and the home run.Sardinas, who was 1 for 8 coming in, had a three-run double and a home run -- his third in 115 career games.The more I get into the games the more confidence I can have, Sardinas said through a translator.Chris Johnson took advantage of the Padres outfielders playing shallow with a run-scoring ground-rule double with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to give the Marlins the win.When I hit it I put my head down, I didnt get it all of it and when I was running I kind of saw where they were playing -- a little bit more shallow, obviously to try to throw somebody out at the plate, Johnson said. I was just hoping it would carry enough to get over his head. (Center fielder Travis Jankowski) almost got there. Im just glad he didnt.The Marlins scored three runs in the eighth to tie it before Johnson gave the Marlins their third walk-off win of the season.Its huge for us but also for him and his confidence, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Hes not getting his at bats and hes been great about it. No pouting or sulking hes just continuing to do the work and I felt good for him and for how hard he works and how hard he wants it.Johnson hit a deep fly ball to right-center field that took one bounce before landing in the Marlins bullpen. Jankowski was playing shallow and converged on the ball, but was unable to make the catch.You kind of pick your poison, you give a guy a double more than you give a guy a single to win the baseball game at that point in time, Padres manager Andy Green said. You can be back on the warning track and try to defend that, but theres not everything you can defend in that outfield. ... Were playing shallow with two strikes and he put a good swing on it and had a pitch he can handle and drove it to the warning track. It was a long run for Jankowski, but he almost got it.Martin Prado, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna each drove in two runs for the Marlins.Ryan Schimpf also homered for the Padres.Fernando Rodney (2-3) pitched an inning in relief to pick up the win.Brandon Maurer (0-4) blew the save in the eighth and lost it in the ninth, allowing four hits and one run in one inning.San Diego starter Jarred Cosart allowed two runs and five hits over five innings in his first appearance against his former club where he spent parts of the last three seasons. He was traded to San Diego in a seven-player deal involving pitcher Andrew Cashner on July 29.Cosart exited with a 5-2 lead after a blister on his middle finger on his throwing hand emerged.The Marlins scored three runs in the bottom of the eighth to tie the score at 6-6. Maurer relieved Brad Hand and entered with the bases loaded and gave up a two-run single to Prado and an RBI single to Yelich. It was Maurers fifth blown save in 11 chances.Miami starter David Phelps allowed four runs and two hits with three walks in 3 2/3 inningsOzunas RBI double and Yelichs RBI groundout gave the Marlins a 2-0 lead.The Padres took the lead with a four-run fourth keyed by Sardinas bases-clearing double as nine men went to the plate.Two outs there I was just trying to be aggressive in the zone I think was the biggest thing, Sardinas said. Trying to look for a good pitch and make good solid contact. It was a big point in the game at that point.An error by Phelps covering first base on a grounder gave the Padres a 4-2 lead and ended his night.Schimpfs home run, his 15th, into the upper deck in right field pushed the lead to 5-2. His 15 home runs are tied for the fifth-most by a Padres rookie.Sardinas made it 6-2 with a solo homer in the fifth.The Marlins pulled within three on Ozunas RBI single in the seventh.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Tyson Ross (right shoulder) made a rehab start with Class-A Lake Elsinore on Thursday allowing four runs in 2/3 of an inning. When we look at Tyson the only thing that really matters is health, manager Andy Green said. I dont really read too much into rehab starts. . I think hes going to throw another start in the minor leagues before he pitches for us. ... LHP Christian Friedrich will be skipped in the rotation to give him rest. ... CF Jon Jay (forearm) took swings inside the batting cage on Friday and is eyeing an early September return.UP NEXTPadres: LHP Clayton Richard (0-3, 4.44) will start Saturdays game. Richard is 0-2 with a 1.64 ERA in two starts this season.Marlins: RHP Jose Urena (2-4, 6.33) will make his sixth start of the season. Urena picked up his first victory as a starter this season in his last start at Pittsburgh allowing two runs in six innings. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Aj-Derby-Jersey/ . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Derek-Wolfe-Jersey/ . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Jamaal-Charles-Jersey/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Brian-Dawkins-Jersey/ . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Matt-Paradis-Jersey/ . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. LINCOLN, Neb. -- For weeks, Nebraska coach Mike Riley has been lamenting his teams inability to consistently return punts. Hes not the only coach with that problem as the punting game undergoes a dramatic transformation, with different kinds of formations and Australian kickers seemingly everywhere.The number of punt returns per game in the Bowl Subdivision since the start of the 2015 season is the lowest on record, and average yards per return also have declined.I think thats the most interesting thing in the last less-than-a-decade in college football, really -- the change in punting, punt formations, how the punts come out, Riley said.Nationally, last years per-team average was 1.57 returns a game. This seasons average is 1.59. Prior to 2006, it had never been lower than 2.23. Also, the average punt return has been less than 9 yards for seven straight seasons.In the Big Ten this year, there have been 1.85 returns per game per team. The average runback has fallen to 7.87 yards, lowest among the Power Five conferences, and only Michigan and Iowa average better than 9.Michigan star Jabrill Peppers is the Big Ten leader at 17.5 yards per return. Iowas Desmond King is next at 8.74. There are only 33 players in the FBS averaging 9 yards or better; there were 68 in 2002.One of the reasons for the drop, Riley said, is that punt-return units are facing formations that spread the field, compromising their ability to hold up coverage people at the line of scrimmage and set up blockers for a return.The different punt formations, punt styles that have come up have really made the punt-return team almost more of a defensive unit, making sure you cover everybody, Riley said. Theyre spread over the field, they go in motion, and that never used to happen in a punt. Everybody would stand back there with a personal protector, a couple of wingbacks, a couple of gunners. You knew where everybody was. You could rush or you could hold up, so its a little more complicated now.Another factor is that the art of punting has evolved with the invasion of highly skilled Australian punters into the college game.In the Big Ten, Ohio States Cameron Johnston and Marylands Wade Lees are starting for their teams. Daniel Pasquariello is the backup at Penn State, and Rutgers has Tim Gleeson, who has been injured. Johnston is fifth in the FBS at 47.2 yards per punt. Ahead of him aree two of his countrymen, national leader Mitch Wishnowsky of Utah and third-place Michael Dickson of Texas.ddddddddddddhe Aussie punters typically are older and come from rugby and Australian rules football backgrounds. They often kick while moving, taking a handful of steps to the right or left before letting it fly, a far cry from the relatively immobile punters American fans are so used to. Rugby-style punts arent pretty, but they are effective, rolling toward the boundary and giving the coverage unit enough time to get downfield to limit return opportunities.They also execute sky punts that fly high and roll out, low punch shots into the wind that hit the ground and go another 15 yards, feathery pooch punts that pin opponents deep and floating, hard-to-catch knuckleball punts.Dan Orner, a private coach from Charlotte, North Carolina, who works with NFL and college punters and kickers, said the directional punt with a hang time of 4.8 to 5.1 seconds is still in high demand. But Orner said the influence of the Australians is undeniable.While were throwing the ball around at tailgates, Orner said, theyre kicking it around.The Australian influence, Orner said, has pushed American punters to add to their repertoires.Marylands Lees is the oldest player in the FBS and one of the most recent Australians to arrive. Hes a 28-year-old freshman and a former professional Australian rules football player.The only way to pass to a teammate is to kick the ball, Lees said of his old sport. To pass to my teammate, I have to kick him the ball while Im being tackled or trying to evade my defender. Accuracy and precision have to be spot-on. Thats why we can get so accurate.Lees said he first kicked an American football less than two years ago. He worked with a coach in Melbourne who helps connect Australian punters with U.S. colleges. Most of his punts are rugby-style, but he is comfortable doing whatever special teams coordinator Pete Lembo calls for in different situations, based, among other things, on where the return man is lined up and where the ball is on the field.All I have to do is just execute the punt and hope to get a fair-caught ball, Lees said, and Ive done my job.---More AP college football: http://collegefootball.ap.org Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz