Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

05.10.2018 08:52
ay-haired and no longer a regular in his 16th major league season, Suzuki might have lost a step, but not much. Credit his commi Antworten

Still unsure exactly what to expect from the Japanese newcomer, Lou Piniella kept waiting for the rookie to pull a ball. Too many hits sprayed to left field, Sweet Lou thought, too easy for defenses to adjust.So the veteran Seattle manager summoned the translator and told him to deliver a message to Ichiro Suzuki: I want to see some bat speed.Piniella saw them huddle in the dugout and share a laugh. A couple of innings later, Suzuki led off with a home run into the bullpen in right-center.He rounds the bases, he steps on home plate, and he says, `Happy now? when he shook my hand, Piniella recalled. I said, `Yeah, yeah, you can do whatever you want.All these years later, with Suzuki on the verge of joining the 3,000-hit club in the big leagues, his first skipper in the majors is taking a lot of pride in watching the pursuit. As much as Piniella believed in Suzuki from the start and was in awe of those early accomplishments with the Mariners, he never would have guessed the outfielder would still be playing at age 42 and going for such a lofty perch.Suzuki hit .335 with a .412 on-base percentage in 164 at-bats over the first half with Miami. He reached 2,991 hits Friday night with a pinch single in the eighth inning of the Marlins 7-6 victory at St. Louis in the return from the All-Star break.Now gray-haired and no longer a regular in his 16th major league season, Suzuki might have lost a step, but not much. Credit his commitment to an intense regimen that has long included an on-deck routine that features a deep warmup squat, then a one-of-a-kind stance and a sweeping twirl of his bat.Suzuki was 27 and had 1,278 hits in Japan before he came to the big leagues. Piniella got so excited after Suzukis two-hit debut in 2001 that he kissed him.I was so happy for him, thats why, Piniella said. Its hard for a player to come here from Japan, especially with the scrutiny that he had. Im an emotional guy. I got caught up in the moment. I gave him a hug and at the same time I gave him a little peck. Look, I really enjoyed watching this young man play and I knew from seeing him in spring training that he was a special player.At the time, Suzuki did not come cheaply. Seattle paid $13 million just to secure his rights, and signed him to a three-year, $14 million contract. The Mariners got their moneys worth and then some.Suzuki, better known just by his first name, has long prided himself in preparation.So much so that Piniella had been around no other player like him, with that meticulous stretching before stepping into the batters box to the foot rubdowns he gave himself at his locker with a small wooden tool before and after games.I had never seen it, quite frankly. I was quite amazed by the things that he did, the stretching especially, Piniella said. Here in the United States, we go through a rigorous spring training, but once the season starts prior to the games we have our stretching exercises and then the kids play.He took it to a totally different level. He was fanatical about that and thats probably one of the big reasons that hes playing here at age 42, he said.That first season was a memorable one for many reasons. The Mariners won an AL-record 116 games, clinching the division shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Yet Seattle failed to reach the World Series, losing in five games of the AL Championship Series to the Yankees.Still, Suzuki won AL Rookie of the Year and MVP. Suzukis ability to beat out infield hits at times left Piniella shaking his head.He did have a special year. The team had a special year that year, Piniella said. We won 116 games and Ichiro was a big part of it. Ichiro was a special player. He had really good speed, he had that uncanny ability to put the ball in play. In the outfield, he played as well as you can expect, great throwing arm. He made the adjustment to American baseball very quickly, became one of the leaders in our clubhouse and was accepted by the players. He had a tremendous impact on our team that year.Hes going for his 3,000th hit now, and Im so proud of him. Hes had just a wonderful career. I look forward to the time when hell be inducted into the Hall of Fame, he said.Some of the most memorable hits by the 10-time All-Star didnt even count.In 2007, Suzuki hit the first inside-the-park home run in All-Star game history, winning unanimous MVP honors and helping the American League to a 5-4 victory at San Franciscos AT&T Park with a go-ahead, two-run drive that took a crazy bounce off the right-field wall.Hed never hit an inside-the-park homer during his decorated career in Japan.Hes an amazing guy, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. You just take age out of the equation and if you just looked at him as a player, if you evaluated just what you see, not thinking about age, you see a guy that runs above average, plays all three outfield spots, throws above average, hits lefties and righties.His work habits and everything else, for me, just set him apart.---AP Baseball Writer Mike Fitzpatrick in New York contributed to this report. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Hoodie/ . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Carlos-Dunlap-Jersey/ . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Darqueze-Dennard-Jersey/ . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Aj-Green-Jersey/ . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. http://www.bengalsrookiestore.com/Bengals-Tyler-Boyd-Jersey/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. This story appears in ESPN The Magazines Jan. 2 Anythings Possible Issue. Subscribe today!Twas the night before Christmas, When all through Oakland, The fans embraced yuletide In Black Hole fashion. Last year the Raiders faithful turned their stadium into the Ho.co, as a dash of Santas spread good cheer among the only NFL creatures stirring that day. (With Christmas on Sunday this year, 12 games will be played on Dec. 24.) As for Scrooges who think red and white clashes with Silver and Black, keep this in mind: Clement Clarke Moore, who first claimed to have written A Visit From St. Nicholas, is believed to have plagiarized it from a distant relative, Henry Livingston Jr. Which, yes, makes Moore a Raider too.Ruben CarrilloAge:?53Occupation: High school teacher?We went specifically because we wanted to be there at Charles Woodsons last home game. I had to ask permission from my wife to go. I have been a fan of the Raiders since the 1970s. The main attraction to me was that they were Mexican American and at that time, I didnt have anyone else to look up to at that age who identified as Mexican Americans.Ron GuckesAge: 51Occupation: Truck driverIve missed one home game this year. We live in Nevada, so its five hours there and then five hours back. We do it because its a commitment weve made to the team.Kirk Bronsord and Tracy RobertsAges: 58 and 45Occupation: Truck driver and electrician?Being a Raiders fan is a lifestyle -- not just something to do on a Sunday afternoon.Brett EastwoodAge:?48Occupation: Business ownerI was born in a Raiders outfit. It was a great early Christmas gift beating the Chargers in overtime last year. I felt like there was an extra warmth in the stadium, like we were one big Raiders family celebrating Christmas.Ross Woody and Alexanderea WoodyAges: 53 and 27Occupation: Director of software development at Oracle, and police officerRoss:?It was Charles Woodsons last home game, so we were both wearing our Woodson autographed jerseys.ddddddddddddGarry FrancisAge: 50Occupation: Gaming industry surveillanceThis year, Ive got a new game-day outfit that will drop at the Christmas Eve game.Maria BaccaroAge:?50Occupation: StylistBeing at the Raiders game on Christmas Eve was like a Christmas gift in itself. Being with your family, tailgating with your friends and dressing up in the Christmas spirit. I always like to dress in the spirit with my Raiders gear but I added a little pizzazz to it last year.Tom ArmstrongAge: 61Occupation: AttorneyWe leave it all on the field. We play anybody anywhere, anytime, any day. Sorry the Chargers lost. Just win, baby!Tiffani CardenasAge: 29Occupation: Account managerI have been a Raiders fan my entire life. It was born into me. It was never a choice. Black and silver Christmas is the way we like to roll.Mark Acasio, aka Gorilla RillaAge: 47Occupation: Landscape company ownerIve been a Raiders fan all my life, Ive been Gorilla Rilla for 20-plus years and I havent missed a game going on 21 years. To me, being a Raiders fan means a sense of family, of one nation. Im proud to sport my silver and black.Mario AndrewsAge: 57Occupation: AttorneyMy first job, at 15, was a vendor at Raiders games selling soda, peanuts, hot dogs and pretzels. I fell in love with the home-game environment even though I was working. I would go behind the old bleachers at halftime to sell pretzels to the fans with the munchies back in the day. I was looking forward to becoming an adult so I could afford to buy season tickets.David Torrez with nephews Armando,?left,?and Jordan FraustoAges: 56, 10, 8Occupation: MachinistArmando and Jordans aunt, Cindy Loewer-Torrez (not pictured): It was Armando and Jordans first Raiders game. They were 49ers fans, but we turned them. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts China Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz