Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

05.10.2018 08:52
s Thursday night at Angel Stadium.Seattle right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma (14-7, 3.84 ERA) needs one more victory to tie his career Antworten

AUSTIN, Texas -- Tevin Mack powered over two defenders for a tough layup, hit the floor and picked himself up to flex his muscles and smile.Mack was back and so was No. 23 Texas.The sophomore forward scored 14 points after returning from a one-game suspension, and the Longhorns used a big second half to roll over Louisiana-Monroe 80-59 on Monday night.Im just glad we came back with a win, Mack said. I had a little bit of nerves, but I fought through that real quick.The Longhorns were back to full strength with the return of Mack and guard Kerwin Roach Jr. from one-game suspensions for offseason rules violations, giving Texas (2-0) some of the muscle, speed and depth it lacked in a sloppy season-opening win over Incarnate Word . Neither started Monday night but both were on the court within minutes of the opening tip.Mack made four 3-pointers and Roach had 11 points and two assists.I was excited to be back on the court and not on the bench, Roach said. We want to get out and run.Louisiana-Monroe (1-1) cut Texas lead to 46-40 on a 3-pointer from Jordan Harris before the Longhorns responded with a 16-4 run. Kendal Yancy scored five straight points, made a 3-pointer and threw down a dunk in transition that made it 62-44 with just under 8 minutes left.Texas defense took over from there. Louisiana-Monroe struggled to penetrate and the Longhorns bigger players constantly pushed the Warhawks further out on the edge than they wanted to be.Texas guard Andrew Jones said coach Shaka Smart pushed the Longhorns on defense after their season opener.Coach really encouraged us to be aggressive. Be dogs, Jones said.Yancy finished with 12 points and Jones scored 12 and had a team-high four assists. Texas freshman forward Jarrett Allen followed a double-double in his debut with eight points and three rebounds.Marvin Jean-Pierre scored 13 for Louisiana-Monroe, which shot just 30 percent.BIG PICTURELouisiana-Monroe: The Warhawks tried to punch above their weight in the Big 12 but missed their chance at an upset. Early 3-point shooting built a short-lived lead, but Texas size and speed eventually took over.Our program has had length the last two years at our level, and after seeing the Longhorns tonight, I miss it, coach Keith Richard said. They forced us out just a step or two from where we needed to be.Texas: A much smoother performance after the struggle against Incarnate Word. Getting Roach and Mack back in the lineup gave Texas more options to attack both inside and out. Smart even used a four-guard, up-tempo attack that hell want to build on before the start of Big 12 play.POLL IMPLICATIONSTexas slid down two spots in the AP Top 25 after its opener. This one should give voters more confidence.INSIDE THE BOXSCORETexas was shaky from the free throw line (13 of 21) and got outrebounded (43-41). But the Longhorns shot 50 percent, blocked five shots and didnt give the ball away, committing just five turnovers.The addition of Mack and Roach also kept Texas fresh. Four Longhorns played 32 minutes or more in the season opener. No one got more than 24 minutes against Louisiana-Monroe.They were able to get a break. You can play harder that way, Smart said.HE SAID ITSmart on getting players to focus on defense: Its like my (5-year-old) daughter, I tell her its really important you take a bath tonight, and she doesnt think its important.UP NEXTLouisiana-Monroe: The Warhawks road trip takes them to the Pac-12 with Thursdays game at Colorado.Texas: The Longhorns host Eastern Washington on Thursday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org Juan Mata Jersey . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Michael Carrick Jersey . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. http://www.manunitedfcpro.com/Kids-Ander-Herrera-Jersey/ .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Anthony Martial Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Matteo Darmian Jersey . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A pitcher enjoying one of his best seasons will face another experiencing perhaps his most frustrating one when the Seattle Mariners and the Los Angeles Angels conclude their four-game series Thursday night at Angel Stadium.Seattle right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma (14-7, 3.84 ERA) needs one more victory to tie his career high, which he established in 2014. Los Angeles right-hander Matt Shoemaker (6-13, 4.22 ERA) already has a career-high loss total despite dramatic, sustained improvement since the seasons first five weeks.The Mariners will be looking to win a series that has begun with three consecutive one-game games. Seattle posted a 3-2 win Monday, fell 7-6 Tuesday, then held on for a 4-3 victory Wednesday.Iwakuma, a veteran of 11 seasons in Japan, leads the Mariners in wins as well as with 150 innings pitched and 113 strikeouts.He enters Thursday nights game having won his past three starts and eight of his past nine. During that stretch, which covers 55 innings, Iwaukuma has compiled a 2.78 ERA while collecting 41 strikeouts and issuing only 10 walks.However, one day before his last start, Saturday against the Oakland Athletics, Iwakuma awoke with neck spasms that forced him to get immediate treatment, which cost him his preparation routine.Until noon, Seattle manager Scott Servais told the Seattle Times on Saturday, we didnt even know if hed make the start.Iwakuma allowed three runs and nine hits in 5 1/3 innings, yet the Mariners earned a 4-3 victory.This morning I spoke with the skipper to tell him I was OK to go today, but as the game progressed, I started to feel stiffness, Iwakuma said. My body was starting to fly open. I wasnt as high as I wanted it to be. I kindd of felt that throughout the third, fourth, fifth inning, but I was able to get out of jams.dddddddddddd.Iwakumas neck improved Sunday to the point where he resumed his post-start throwing routine.Shoemaker, the runner-up to the Chicago White Soxs Jose Abreu for American League Rookie of the Year in 2014, began the season 1-5 with a 9.12 ERA. Since May 16, though, Shoemaker has amassed 109 strikeouts in 114 innings while conceding just 16 walks and compiling a 3.16 ERA.In the process, Shoemaker also became the second American League pitcher in the past century to collect at least 30 strikeouts without issuing a walk in a three-game span, after the Tampa Bay Rays Chris Archer first accomplished the feat last year. Shoemaker, 29, accumulated 49 strikeouts without issuing a walk to tie Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez for the third-longest such stretch in major league history.Yet Shoemaker has lost four of his past five starts. Against the Indians on Saturday night, Shoemaker gave up five runs on 12 hits in six innings as the Angels took their ninth successive defeat. Three of Clevelands runs came in the opening inning.Except for the first inning, he did a good job, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. He had good fastball command and he finished strong.Nevertheless, Shoemaker is confronting an opponent not found in any batting order: frustration.You could argue its very high, he told the Los Angeles Times. But Im going out every game fighting for this team. As Ive said a lot, Im trying to go out and put up zeros. If we put up a lot of zeros, we are going to win games. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts China Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz