Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

07.09.2018 01:29
k out there and not sleep another night sharing the lead at a major. I think it helps Jordan Spieth, who actually hasnt putted g Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Eleven years after Randy Carlyle first took over the Anaheim Ducks, and nearly five years after they fired him, hes right back where he started his head coaching career.His job description hasnt changed: Get a veteran-laden team over its mental hurdles to win the Stanley Cup.Carlyle already accomplished this job once, and he thinks he can do it again.Coming back into this building has been pretty seamless, Carlyle said. I think the jitters and nerves have gone. I dont think I was as nervous as I was the first time in 2005 coming in here, thats for sure, with the familiarity with the personnel, both on-ice and off-ice. What were here to do is prepare this hockey club.The Ducks are going backward in an attempt to go forward after their fourth straight outstanding regular season ended short of a title. General manager Bob Murray fired Bruce Boudreau and re-hired the 60-year-old Carlyle, who led Anaheim to its only title in 2007.Carlyles return was met with skepticism by fans who had grown weary of his style when he was replaced by Boudreau in late 2011. The Ducks have been one of the NHLs best teams since, but Boudreaus four-time defending Pacific Division champions won only three playoff rounds during that stretch, capped by a first-round upset loss to Nashville last spring.Carlyle hasnt won a playoff round since 2009, coaching three non-playoff teams and two first-round losers in Anaheim and Toronto. After moving back to California a year ago, he studied the Ducks and their AHL affiliate in San Diego while preparing for a coaching comeback -- and he thinks he learned plenty to help him in Anaheim.You have kind of a pulse on whats going on with the hockey club, Carlyle said. Once youre back in and youre on the clock again when youre hired, you do even more research and more work.Murray publicly blamed his core players more than Boudreau for their first-round flop, yet essentially all of those skaters are still here: Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa and the supporting cast including Andrew Cogliano, Cam Fowler and several young contributors.The Ducks return with only half of their Jennings Trophy-winning goalie tandem after trading Frederik Andersen to Toronto in the offseason. John Gibson is their new No. 1 netminder, and nobody doubts his ability to handle the workload.Carlyles job is to get a new postseason result out of the same people before the Ducks championship window closes.Here are more things to know about the Ducks:MISSING SWEDES: The Ducks seem likely to begin the season without their two best young players. Defenseman Hampus Lindholm has remained at home while his agent, Claude Lemieux, attempts to complete a long-term contract extension. The sides appear to be far apart. The Ducks also dont have a contract with forward Rickard Rakell, who hasnt begun training after an appendectomy. The Swedes long-term absence could be crippling to Anaheim, and a trade could happen if Murray loses patience. I can guarantee every member of the organization would love to see resolution, but as a coach, you cant coach players who arent here, Carlyle said. Were counting on them being here.AFTER FREDDIE: Andersen was an unflappable presence in the Ducks net, but the Dane was due for a major pay raise one year before an NHL expansion draft, when the Ducks could have lost Andersen or Gibson for nothing. Murray also acquired Andersens replacement from Toronto, bringing Jonathan Bernier back to Southern California. The former Kings first-round pick is a capable NHL goalie who should keep the Ducks net play among the leagues best.BIG SAM: The Ducks inked a long-term deal with defenseman Sami Vatanen, the puck-moving Finn who has grown up alongside Lindholm to become the backbone of the Anaheim defense. Carlyle would love to see a 50-point season from Vatanen, who will have every opportunity to take charge of the Ducks power play and offensive attack.PLAYOFF HERO: The Ducks operational budget and well-paid veteran core prevent them from splashing on big free agents, so their biggest offseason addition was Antoine Vermette. The postseason-tested center has a Stanley Cup ring from the 2015 Chicago Blackhawks, who beat the Ducks in seven games in an epic Western Conference final. Authentic Baseball Jerseys . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. MLB Jerseys Wholesale . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. http://www.cheapjerseysmlbchina.com/ . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. MLB Jerseys Cheap . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Supply MLB Jerseys 2018 . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- In this weather-delayed edition of Four-Ball, our panel considers whether anyone will gain an edge after Saturdays delay, as well as Phil Mickelsons prediction of history in the making during the final 36 holes at Baltusrol Golf Club.1. Who will Saturdays delay impact the most negatively? And positively?ESPN.com senior golf analyst Michael Collins: Negatively -- Marc Leishman. He has to come to the course and hit (hopefully) one putt at 7 a.m., then sit around all day waiting to definitely/maybe play Round 4. Nothing good will come from that. Positively -- Emiliano Grillo will have had all that adrenaline crash out of him waiting around Saturday, so Sunday he wont have the same high and low.ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig: It affects the leaders Jimmy Walker and Robert Streb the most negatively. They are the ones sleeping on the lead, playing well, and the last thing they want to do is think about this more. Streb, especially, has not had much success this year and likely wanted to get back at it. It might very well help Henrik Stenson, who is playing great but might be aided by the break after a hectic two weeks, including his Open victory.ESPN.com senior national columnist Ian OConnor: -- The contenders who havent won a major are likely to get a bit more anxious the more this drags on. So thats bad news for Jimmy Walker, Robert Streb and Emiliano Grillo, and good news for Jason Day and Henrik Stenson.ESPN.com senior golf writer Jason Sobel: It will impact the reputation of the PGA of America most negatively. I realize this question was probably hinting at the competitors, but these guys are used to playing stop-start-stop again golf on the PGA Tour. Traditionally, the PGA has a solid reputation for how it conducts golf tournaments, but this decision might lump them in with the USGA, for some observers. As for the positive effect, I think Kevin Kisner and Padraig Harrington, each of whom posted 65 and got into the clubhouse before the delay, probably had the greatest benefit.ESPN.com senior writer Kevin Van Valkenburg: It has to hurt Robert Streb, who is coming off one of the best rounds of his career. You have to think he wishes he could get back out there and not sleep another night sharing the lead at a major. I think it helps Jordan Spieth, who actually hasnt putted great thus far and is only 6 shots back. If he can get aggressive on slow greens and gets his touch back, he could make a charge. His irons look sharp again.2. Phil Mickelson said Saturday that a 62 will be shot at this PGA Championship. Agree or disagree?Collins: Disagree. And Phil did the jinx on purpose. A bit of reverse psychology, like talking about a perfect game in the bottom of the sixth inning. You know theres no chance of it happening now, because anyone who gets close wont be able to get it out of their heads.Harig: I dont agree but understand why Mickelson said it. There have been a number of low scores already, and the course is now saturated. Soft typically translates to easier. It wouldnt surprise me if it happened, but until it does, it is just hard to say that it is guaranteed.OConnor: Phil actually said a 61 is possible too, which is a Bob Beamon-like leap. Sure, a record 62 is possible on a soft and vulnerable course that gives the players a head start (par is only 70). But Im guessing the golf gods will strike down Lefty, like they did at Troon, and bury his prediction in a bunker.Sobel: Disagree. Its been 437 majors without one yet. The golf gods wont let it happen. Hey, he should know: His bid for 62 was denied by the higher powers.Van Valkenburg: Disagree. Thats typical Phil being Phil, saying stuff because he wants to entertain us, but also because he likes to make procllamations that could pass as wagers.dddddddddddd There is a reason that no one has ever shot 62. The pressure when youre trying to make that final birdie is enormous. Im not sure there shouldnt be an asterisk for 63s shot on par-70 courses, anyway. Making seven birdies with no bogeys isnt quite the same as making nine on a par-72.3. Fact or fiction: A Monday finish detracts from the tournament.Collins: Fact. Remember the last Monday finish winner of the PGA Championship? It was Phil Mickelson here at Baltusrol in 2005. You didnt see it, and neither did I. You were working, and I was sleeping.Harig: Its never ideal, but it is hard to say that the Monday finish diminished Zach Johnsons victory last year at St. Andrews or Mickelsons win here in 2005. Lousy weather and terrible spectating conditions take away from the tournament, but if there is a great finish, it doesnt much matter.OConnor: Fact, with an asterisk. I dont remember too many people complaining when Mickelson won on Monday here in 2005. Lets see who wins -- and how. And lets just hope this thing doesnt finish on Wednesday.Sobel: Fact. Obviously, its better to have a Sunday finish for everyone involved. But there is a little part of me that believes a Monday finish, with all eyeballs in offices and schools around the world focused on the proceedings, sort of gives this tournament the attention it deserves.Van Valkenburg: Fact. Even though this is a new era, where people can watch the broadcast on their tablets or phones while at work, theyre going to be distracted, if they tune in at all. There wont be as many fans out at the course on Monday either, simply because a lot of them have to be at work or taking their kids to summer camp. Its hard not to blame the compressed Olympic schedule for this. We should be playing the PGA in mid-August, not July.4. Rory McIlroy missed the cut. Whats the state of his game right now?Collins: Inconsistent. It feels like with Rory, he is either getting a backdoor top-10 or missing the cut in a major. Thats not totally true, but it sure feels that way, especially in majors. I dont know right now that Rory can fix what hes got -- a case of the life. Hell recover from it someday, but right now its a full-blown infection.Harig: Disappointing. Its just hard to believe that a guy who drives it so beautifully can struggle like he has at times this year. Missing two cuts in majors in a season when you expect to win one just leaves a bad taste, and McIlroy now has a long eight-plus months until the Masters.OConnor: Rory is totally lost on the greens. All the great ones have to weather bad stretches in their primes, and I suspect hell recover sooner than later. Given the Americans luck at the Ryder Cup, I wouldnt be surprised if sooner means Hazeltine.Sobel: Tee to green, hes Superman; on the greens, hes Clark Kent. He needs a new putter, a new outlook, a new guru -- something, anything, to help him get the ball into the hole right now.Van Valkenburg: There are two different camps when it comes to Rory: people who believe hell be fine and any scrutiny he faces is a product of unrealistic expectations; and those who think hes in real denial about the mental scars hes giving himself on the greens and its starting to become a problem. I think were in danger of the latter becoming true. He looks mentally fried with a putter in his hand. The truth is, his wedge game is just as much of a problem. Its been mediocre for two years, but he gets away with it because his driver and mid-irons are so good. He needs to get some confidence back by hitting wedges to 10 feet again, not 30 feet. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz