Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 97 mal aufgerufen
 Bei Fragen
elaine95 Offline

Weltmeister im Acrofliegen

14.01.2020 07:04
remember Super Bowl XXXVI. Clear Antworten

It’s time."WhiteSections 2019 offseason2019 free agency2019 NFL DraftFull ArchiveLibrary 2019 NFL calendar2019 Rams regular season sched2019 Rams preseason schedMasthead Community Guidelines NFL Odds StubHub 鉁昇FL PlayoffsSuper BowlSuper Bowl LIIISuper Bowl LIII Jacob McQuaide Jersey , Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots: Live updates gamethreadNew,359commentsIt’s time.CSTShareTweetShareShareSuper Bowl LIII, Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots: Live updates gamethreadI remember Super Bowl XXXVI. Clearly.I remember how the Los Angeles Rams, then in St. Louis, lost to the New England Patriots to the field goal that passed through the uprights as time expired as a freshman in college. I remember the allegations from Rams players that the Patriots were far too prepared for the Rams’ offense especially in the red zone. I remember.And I don’t care.I know this is Los Angeles fans’ first taste of this. I know that by and large so many of them don’t care about the franchise’s history in St. Louis. That so many don’t acknowledge the two Super Bowls there and the one championship and the Greatest Show on Turf. That many (fairly) still harbor hatred for former Rams Owner Georgia Frontiere and yet (strangely) harbor logically opposed admiration for Stan Kroenke. That many who celebrate the chance to appreciate the Rams in person spend time trolling the St. Louis fans who lost that same ability.And I don’t care.I know this is just a game. It’s just sports. It doesn’t matter in the larger scheme of the things I care most about. It doesn’t mean anything to my family outside of my own allegiance. And that the Rams are set up to make a future appearance in the Super Bowl likely at least to the degree that it’s likelier than others doesn’t matter.I don’t care.Because I do.Turf Show Times was launched in September of 2006 with the proper words heralding the birth:For the next 11 seasons, we chronicled a team that didn’t produce a single winning season. We covered the football. The relocation. The efforts to fill in everything in between the losses and the injuries and the frustration of a fan base split apart by location, split apart by excuses and split apart by waiting for something better.And now we’re here.And I don’t care.Because I do.I care that we’ve all spent this much time paying attention to this franchise, this team. I care that so many people have looked to the Turf Show Times team so often on this website, on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram (and for future people on TikTok). I care about the time the staff here has put in for so often little more than praise that I don’t give them enough and that the public often balances with the crap that the public sphere throws out these days. I care that when I see the Rams’ team photo for the Super Bowl that I see so much.I see WR Cooper Kupp wishing he weren’t just part of a photo but part of a game. I see CB Marcus Peters not giving a fuck because he’s Marcus Peters. I see RB Todd Gurley cheesin. I see DL Aaron Donald with the face that best represents his Pittsburgh-born grittiness.I see a team to be proud of.Not because they won. But because they made it happen. They made all of this happen.From LG Rodger Saffold to DL Michael Brockers to LS Jake McQuaide (yes Dominique Easley Jersey , the long snapper). The guys who have only known this franchise that came in when they were supposed to and even when they weren’t to make this team better even when it didn’t happen. They made it happen.From LT Andrew Whitworth to CB Aqib Talib to DL Ndamukong Suh to WR Brandin Cooks. Guys who were expected to come in and take the success they knew elsewhere and make it known to these Rams. They made it real.From the role players to the undrafted free agents to the rookies to the assistant coaches to the training staff to the entire front office and beyond. They had to work to make this team as good as it can be. They did.I care about this team. And the fans. And our readers. And our friends. And the Ramily. And all of it.I do.I know it’s corny and arbitrary and ultimately meaningless. But I don’t care.Because I do.Go Rams. Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus grabbed his lower back, feigning pain and a limp, as he left the locker room Wednesday."Oh, my back," Dareus joked, taking a not-so-subtle shot at newly departed cornerback Jalen Ramsey.It was the most negative thing the Jaguars (2-4) said publicly about their former teammate. Privately, though, several guys expressed relief that the monthlong saga was over.Jacksonville traded Ramsey to the Los Angeles Rams on Tuesday for three draft picks, including two first-rounders. The move came one month after Ramsey's trade request followed a heated sideline argument with coach Doug Marrone and a less-public exchange with personnel chief Tom Coughlin.Ramsey sat out the last three games with a back injury that several people inside the organization believe was either made up or exaggerated to avoid playing for the Jaguars. Team doctors had cleared him to practice and play."Every man has his own journey Troy Hill Jersey , his own destiny," defensive end Yannick Ngakoue said. "We all handle situations differently. ... At the end of the day, it's a business."Owner Shad Khan released a statement saying the team is "doing just fine" without Ramsey. Coughlin also weighed in via a statement: "Given the situation with Jalen, we made this decision based on what we thought is in the best interest of the Jacksonville Jaguars, for this season and well into the future."The trade went down a week after Khan said he had a "heart to heart" with Ramsey and expected him to play against New Orleans, and two weeks after Khan said he didn't want to deal the fifth overall pick in the 2016 draft.Khan, Coughlin and general manager Dave Caldwell left Marrone to answer questions about parting with one of the franchise's best players in its 25 years of existence. Jacksonville got first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 as well as a fourth-rounder in 2021.It could end up being a decent haul for a player who caused as many headaches for his coaches as he did opponents . Or it could haunt the franchise for decades, especially if the usually verbose Ramsey lets his Pro Bowl play do the talking."I'm sure five years from now, 10 years from now Michael Brockers Jersey , someone will be able to write about it," Marrone said, expressing frustration with being grilled on a trade he had little, if any, say in executing. "It's not my job to do that. And again, I know you guys are probably frustrated, but you're talking to a guy that has a big job to get the players ready."I just wish I can give you the insight and the answers that that question needs to be answered. I don't have that.And I wish we could get someone up here that can answer it. I do. But it's me. ... You don't know until down the road."The Jaguars, who play at Cincinnati (0-6) on Sunday, already started taking steps to rid Ramsey's image from the stadium and the city.They took down a banner outside the practice field that featured Ramsey Ethan Westbrooks Jersey , Ngakoue, injured quarterback Nick Foles, linebacker Myles Jack, running back Leonard Fournette and defensive end Calais Campbell.They are working to redo a huge advertisement outside the stadium that features Ramsey standing between Ngakoue and fellow cornerback A.J. Bouye as well as a Jaguars promotional vehicle.They also emptied his locker stall and removed his name plate."We can't question everything going on with in front office, everything going coaching staff, things like that, the moves," Bouye said. "We just have to accept what it is and then just keep moving forward."Replacing Ramsey might prove more difficult. Jacksonville is 1-2 with second-year pro Tre Herndon starting in his place."Once he spoke his wishes, there was no like John Sullivan Jersey , lock Jalen in a room and say, 'Hey, we need you,'" defensive tackle Abry Jones said. "People want to talk about distraction, but y'all couldn't find him for an interview, could y'all? He did his best to not cause a distraction because that's how he felt about this team."Even though he wanted (to be traded), he's still got people on this team he loved that he called brothers and he's not going to make no big thing about him wanting to leave — which is very big — but he wasn't going to make no whole ordeal because that's how he felt about this team. I respect for him and I respect his wishes to go."Ramsey clearly won the standoff. He didn't miss a paycheck and was ultimately granted his request."In the back of my mind I just figured one of these weeks Jalen was going to be back and we were going to be back playing with him," Jack said. "But we just have to move on and keep pushing."

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz