Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Soaring
zhangzk Offline

Weltmeister im Acrofliegen

03.01.2020 07:08
They allowed Manning to be sacked Antworten

A slimmed-down Rob Kelley is likely to remain Washington’s top running back even though Adrian Peterson is joining the Redskins.Amid four injuries in their backfield Womens Dwayne Haskins Jersey , the Redskins signed the 33-year-old four-time All-Pro running back on Monday. But Kelley, the former “Fat Rob” who lost weight and added speed to his repertoire, should still be considered the front-runner to start Week 1 at the Arizona Cardinals.Washington lost second-round pick Derrius Guice to a season-ending torn ACL, won’t have Samaje Perine and Byron Marshall for an extended period of time because of lower-leg injuries and waived undrafted free agent Martez Carter with an injury designation. That necessitated signing Peterson —a former standout at Oklahoma who played the majority of his career with the Vikings — and fellow running back De’Veon Smith, though coach Jay Gruden gave Kelley a vote of confidence on Sunday.“We’re not looking for a starter right now,” Gruden said. “We’ve got Rob in-house, obviously Chris Thompson, Kapri Bibbs has done a good job, Samaje I don’t think is going to be very long at all. So we’ve got four backs right there.”On the first day of camp, Gruden was only sure of one thing: that third-down back Chris Thompson would be on the roster and figure prominently in his return from a broken fibula. Kelley, a 2016 undrafted free agent who emerged as Washington’s No. 1 running back during his rookie year and started 2017 on top of the depth chart, cut his hair short, added more muscle and looks quicker to Gruden at a svelte 222 pounds.“It was time for a change,” Kelley said of trimming his dreadlocks. “It was like a bold statement showing that I’m ready to change, rather than just coming in and talking about it how much I’m going to change and stuff like that. Just change within and the hair was just like a statement.”Kelley got the first chance with the first-team offense in the Redskins’ second preseason game and is trying to focus on showing his best and not the competition for the starting role.“Early on I thought about it a lot, but now I try not to think about it,” Kelley said. “I don’t try and put too much on myself that potentially distracts me from actually getting better.”When Guice looked like the starter, Kelley fielded questions about taking snaps at fullback and helping out on special teams. He was willing to do whatever it took to make the team, though the 25-year-old Tulane product didn’t rule out winning back the starting job he lost last season because of injuries.“There’s competition whether you think it or not,” Kelley said. “I just make sure I go out there and I make a few plays that the catch the coaches’ eyes and stuff like that and put myself in a great position.”He’s in a great position now by default, though Gruden also said Kelley has had a great training camp. Kelley ran for just 17 yards on seven carries last week against the Jets and the bevvy of injuries created a need to bring in another running back.“If something else happens, we’re going to be really, really, really thin, so we just want to make sure we’re covering all our bases right now,” Gruden said.Kelley will have to keep competing to fend off Peterson for a bulk of the carries, but that’s a big step up from being on the roster bubble a month ago. More competition is for the best for Kelley, who is no stranger to overcoming odds and winning a competition as an underdog.“I think the hurdles just make me a better player,” Kelley said. “It’s the team’s job to keep on getting competition, to keep pushing the envelope, so it doesn’t make a difference (and I’ve) still got to work as hard as I can.” EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — There was a lot of laughter and smiles in the Washington Redskins‘ locker room, the exact opposite of what was happening down the hall where the New York Giants were dressing.It’s the difference between winning and losing.The Redskins (5-2) are winning these days. They won their third in a row and kept their 1½-game lead in the NFC East with a 20-13 win over the hapless Giants, who are 1-7 for the second consecutive season.“We feel good, but, we can’t get too excited,” said Adrian Peterson Dwayne Haskins Jersey White , who rushed for 149 yards and scored two touchdowns, one on a 64-yard run and the other on a 7-yard reception. “We know there’s a lot we need to work on, and that we can improve on. So, we’ll take this win for what it is, and get ready for this next game.”Washington, who got two interceptions by D.J. Swearinger, returns home to face Atlanta on Sunday. The Giants have a bye but their future may change in the next two days.The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday. New York dealt cornerback Eli Apple and defensive tackle Damon Harrison last week. There could be more moves with cornerback Janoris Jenkins, linebacker Olivier Vernon and probably anybody else who will bring assets to help rebuild a team that has four wins in 24 games.Quarterback Eli Manning, who was sacked seven times, indicated he wants to stay and won’t waive his no-trade clause.“Everyone wants to win,” said Manning, who threw for 316 yards. “No one likes this feeling after a game. That is what you are fighting for. You prepare to feel good about the work that goes in. Guys are working hard, practicing hard and doing all of the right things.”They just aren’t winning.RUN DEFENSEThe key to the Redskins success has been their defense, particularly against the run. Washington has held opponents under 100 yards in four straight games and five of seven. A week after limiting Ezekiel Elliott of Dallas to 34 yards, rookie Saquon Barkley of the Giants was held to 38 on 13 carries, with a long of 9 yards.Redskins linebacker Zach Brown said he was yappy with Barkley, the No. 2 pick in the draft.“Come here rook,” Brown recalled. “We want to introduce you to this game real quick. We don’t care what round you are. You can be All Pro. We don’t care. We just emphasis the run. You are not running the ball.”PETERSON-BARKLEYThe first meeting of Peterson and Saquon Barkley was clearly won by the veteran. The 33-year-old gained a season-high 149 yards on 26 carries, capped by a late 64-yard touchdown that iced the game. He also caught his first TD pass with Washington. He passed Tony Dorsett for No. 9 in league history and now has 12,863 yards. He is the fourth player in the NFL with at least 140 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in a single game at age 33 or older, joining John Henry Johnson (1964), John Riggins (1984) and De Angelo Williams (2016). Barkley, the second pick overall in the draft, gained 38 yards rushing on 13 carries and caught nine passes for 73 yards.MIFFED SWEARINGERSwearinger was angry because Pro Football Focus listed him as their top safety and didn’t post his picture. He took it out on the Giants.“This was the first week they didn’t put the number one’s picture up,” Swearinger said. “I feel like that was disrespect so I tweeted them and said make sure they watch this game today, because I wanted to show them that I am the best safety in this game and I’m going to keep doing that every game, week in and week out, so they just got to get mad at me.”SACK CITYThe Giants offensive line has struggled all season, but this was their worst effort. a season-high seven times. He now has been sacked 31 times this season. “I didn’t know it was that many,” center Spencer Pulley said. “That’s ridiculous. That’s something we can’t allow, at all.”Manning said each sack had its own story. Some were coverage sacks. Some were linemen getting beat. Some were him not getting the ball out fast enough.“I think we’ve got to get the run game going,” tackle Nate Solder said. “There’s some other things we need to work at. If we could get that going, that would solve some other problems.”BECKHAM PRODUCINGOdell Beckham, Jr. had eight receptions for 136 yards. He caught eight passes for 143 yards last week in Atlanta. This is the first time he’s had at least eight receptions in each of two consecutive games since Nov. 1-8, 2015, when he had eight and then nine at New Orleans and Tampa Bay. These are his first consecutive 100-yard games since he had six in a row in 2015.

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz