Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

19.11.2019 13:15
his second point of the playoffs on Phaneufs game opening goal. "He was much more noticeable from a skating standpoint," Carlyle Antworten

TORONTO – Four nights earlier in the very same building, Dion Phaneuf made an error that would cost his team victory. He would more than make up for it on Sunday evening. The Toronto captain scored the all-important first goal as the Leafs again edged the Bruins for an inspiring and ever-impressive 2-1 victory, the series shifting back improbably to Boston for the decisive game 7 on Monday night. "Obviously with our last game in here, I didnt feel great about the outcome and my decision that was made," said Phaneuf afterward, the goal marking his first in the postseason as a Leaf. "I felt that I owed it to the guys … it definitely felt good." In somewhat ironic parallels to the error of overtime in game 4, Phaneuf strode deep into the offensive zone and onto the doorstep of Tuukka Rask early in the third frame, deftly tipping the shot attempt of Nazem Kadri behind the Bruins netminder while jolting an Air Canada Centre crowd into predictable frenzy. Unlike the gamble which preceded David Krejcis stinging winner last Wednesday, this risk would pay dividends. "That wasnt in my mind right then," Phaneuf said, distinguishing both instances as "hockey plays". "I saw Naz get the puck and I thought I should probably stay there," he explained, his pick-pocket attempt in the defensive zone beginning the sequence. "Hes a very skilled player that finds ways to get the puck through and it was a great shot to get it through and luckily I tipped it." Phil Kessel would snipe his third of the series and eventual winner about seven minutes later, a second straight Toronto victory thrusting the favoured Bruins onto the ropes for an all-or-nothing game 7. Logic would have suggested that Phaneufs miscalculation in game 4 would have cemented control of the series to Boston, but instead the opposite has proved true. An oddly confident bunch in the moments after that defeat – which gave the Bruins a 3-1 series advantage – the Leafs reeked of a sneaky swagger, believing as Joffrey Lupul put it that they were "just playing better and better". As the self-appointed "underdog", they head back to Boston with every manner of unlikely momentum, a plucky group in revolt with nothing to lose. "Weve got quite a task ahead of us," Kadri concluded of the all-or-nothing matter at hand. "We know were going to have to bring our best in order to have a chance." Five Points 1. Reimer bests Rask again James Reimer followed up a stunning 43-save performance in game 5 with 29 stops on Sunday night, besting his Bruins counterpart for the second consecutive game. Reimer has now faced 237 shots in the series – most in the playoffs – a hearty .932 save percentage exactly equal to that of Rask. "Reims is giving us a chance to win hockey games," said Phaneuf of the 25-year-old. "The saves that hes been making are big-time saves. He looks very confident and calm and that feeds our team. I cant say enough good things about how hes played, how solid hes played, hes been a huge part of our teams success." Just as he had two nights earlier in Boston, Reimer made a shocking and potentially game-saving stop on Patrice Bergeron. It was less than seven minutes into the second frame, Reimer sprawling to his left on a wrap-around attempt from Bergeron, getting just enough of the puck to keep the game scoreless. "Both are pretty lucky," Reimer said, a right pad stop on the Bruins pivot similarly highlight worthy in game 5. "This one was kind of a weird play. I got caught scrambling around my net and the only thing I could do was dive back and lucky enough he didnt tuck it." 2. Phaneufs redemption story Then a member of the Flames, Phaneuf last scored a postseason goal on April 15, 2008, Calgary falling to San Jose that night. His clutch marker on Sunday evening proved perhaps a needed reminder of the slim margins between success and failure, one gamble instilling a deep wound, another the highlight in a remarkable victory. "Hes the leader of our team," Kadri said of Phaneuf, who also led the team with 25 minutes in game 6. "Hes the guy that really takes the most heat when things arent going so well … Hopefully everyones off his back a little bit because hes an important piece to this puzzle." "When you play as many minutes and you are the focus of your hockey club when a lot of things dont go the way theyre supposed to go, being the captain, that sea becomes pretty heavy," Leafs coach Randy Carlyle offered. "And when you make a mistake in which he did your teammates want to rally around you and you want to try to correct that as quickly as possible." Carlyle was most impressed with Phaneufs performance in game 5, the Leafs also winning that night by a 2-1 margin. "He was much more under control," Carlyle said, "he did a lot of good things, he chewed some big minutes, played all of the key situations and again he followed that up tonight." 3. Bozak, Colborne and Carlyles trickery Joe Colborne learned shortly after the fifth game of the series that he would suit up for game 6, his first ever in the NHL postseason. But he had to keep it a secret, all in an attempt to keep up the ruse as it pertained to Tyler Bozak. The Leafs number one centre would not play on Sunday night, kept out with an upper-body injury. And while Bozak would take the morning skate and pre-game warm-up, there was seemingly no debate on his status. "Everybodys interviewing [Bozak] about the big game coming up and I was just sitting over here by myself; the boys were liking that" said a gleeful Colborne. "Randy likes to get every possible advantage and whether they were getting ready to match up against [Bozak] who knows, but Im just so happy and thankful for the opportunity." Nerves were predictably raging for the 23-year-old, little to no sleep on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. He would line up alongside Joffrey Lupul and Matt Frattin, a fact that surprised everyone save for two people outside the organization. "I wasnt even allowed to tell anyone except my parents," said Colborne, "I had to make them swear that they werent going to spread it, even to my sisters." The Bruins draft pick logged about 15 minutes, finishing with two shots, six hits and 4-13 mark on the draw. 4. Kadri steps up Stepping into the void left by Bozak, who remains day-to-day according to Carlyle, was Kadri, who slotted onto a line with Kessel and James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old played about 14 minutes and finished 3-13 in the faceoff circle, but was at his most impactful and urgent offensively, notching his second point of the playoffs on Phaneufs game opening goal. "He was much more noticeable from a skating standpoint," Carlyle said of Kadri, who also had four hits and won the faceoff preceding Kessels game-winner. "When he skates and he can create room he can make plays and thats what you saw tonight. Thats been absent, but he delivered in a big way tonight." Kadri had mustered just a single assist and 11 shots in the opening five games of the series, predictably adjusting to the rhythm of the postseason. "The pace of the game right now is where hes not skating away from anybody; the back-side pressure is catching him," Carlyle said Saturday afternoon. "We asked Nazzie to play more of a north-south game and hes typically been an east-west type of player; he doesnt really forge straight ahead with the puck a lot. If you notice a Kessel or a Lupul theyre heading down the ice with a tremendous amount of steam and going with quickness where Nazzies kind of a guy that likes to go sideway … I think the speed of the game and power of players has caught him from the back-side pressure from the Boston Bruins." At points in his recent struggles, Kadri has been caught too often standing still, not skating with the emphasis desired of his coach. "Maybe the first couple games just trying to figure things out a little bit," Kadri conceded of the postseason. "But thats part of the development not only for myself but for this team. I think this experience is definitely going to make us all a lot better." 5. Youth in revolt Ryan OByrne began his postseason career in the spring of 2008 against these very same Bruins. Whats taken the now 28-year-old by pleasant surprise is the manner in which a youthful and inexperienced squad has navigated against a veteran Boston lineup. "I didnt realize how much youth there is, skilled youth, really good players that seem, in this playoffs, [to be] really coming into their own as players," he said before game 6. "Its exciting to watch. This is a team thats going to be good for a lot of years." OByrne watched the series opener from the press box and sensed the nerves of the group in a 4-1 loss, 10 Leafs playing in the playoffs for the first time. "Thats what I think I loved about game 2 was our ability to put that game 1 behind us," he said of the 4-2 victory. "You saw guys, especially young guys, elevate their game to that next level and ever since then weve been playing really good hockey." His teammates, he noted, have not been owned by the pressure of the moment despite their relative inexperience. "You look at guys like Jay Bouwmeester," he said, "whos played in this league for 10 years and hes played 700 regular season games, sometimes you dont get that many chances to play in the playoffs. If youre going to be nervous and not enjoy the moment then its a wasted opportunity. Youve got to love the moment and love playing in a city like Toronto. "I think as a group weve done a good job with that, not being nervous against a Boston Bruin team that has a lot of experience and has been in these situations before. Weve just not worried about that, put that stuff aside and just gone and played hockey." Quote of the Night "Obviously with our last game in here, I didnt feel great about the outcome and my decision that was made. But I felt that I owed it to the guys and luckily I was able to tip that. It definitely felt good." -Dion Phaneuf on scoring the games first goal on Sunday night. Stat Watch 237: Total shots faced by James Reimer. .932: Save percentage for Reimer in the postseason. 2: Assists for James van Riemsdyk, who leads the Leafs with five points in the playoffs. 20-60: Leafs on the draw in game 6, led by Jay McClement, who finished 8-16. 12: Career playoff goals for Phil Kessel in 21 career games. Kessel has 19 points in that span. 2: Points in the past two games for the Bruins previously scorching line of David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Lucic managed the lone goal for Boston in game 6. Minute Watch 18:53: Nik Kulemin, leading all Toronto forwards. Up Next Game 7 at the TD Garden on Monday night. Johnny Callison White Sox Jersey . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. Bobby Jenks Jersey . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. https://www.cheapwhitesox.com/3224e-yoan-moncada-jersey-white-sox.html . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Jeff Keppinger White Sox Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Lucas Giolito Jersey . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. DENVER -- After a stunningly successful debut for the Los Angeles Dodgers, veteran left-hander Rich Hill will make his second start for them Tuesday. Hill pitches off his highly effective overhand curveball. He will face the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field, where the mile-high altitude poses a challenge to any breaking pitch.However, Hill, 36, has experience at Coors Field. Hes 0-2 with an 8.80 ERA in three starts there, one each in 2006, 2007 and 2008 with the Chicago Cubs. The most recent and best start was April 23, 2008, and Hill allowed two runs on three hits in five innings with three strikeouts and four walks. He didnt figure in the decision in the Cubs 7-6 win.The Dodgers acquired Hill from Oakland on Aug. 1. The As had placed him on the disabled list July 20 with a left middle finger blister. Hill went 9-3 with a 2.25 ERA in 14 starts for the As this season while limiting the opposition to a .201 average.In his Dodgers debut Wednesday, Hill outdueled the Giants Johnny Cueto and was the winning pitcher in the Dodgers 1-0 victory. Hill allowed five singles with no walks and three strikeouts while throwing 81 pitches, 63 strikes, in six scoreless innings. He went to a three-ball count once.Everything felt solid. Mentally, I felt great, body feels good, Hill said. Something that Ive emphasized throughout the entire season in Oakland and carried over here into L.A. is just stay within the moment, a pitch-to-pitch approach annd really just making sure you execute each pitch.ddddddddddddDodgers manager Dave Roberts said of Hill, The command wasnt perfect, but he willed himself to six innings. As seen on video, he has such good feel for the curveball. It wasnt right on point, but he was very good.Left-hander Tyler Anderson will oppose Hill. Overall, Anderson is 4-5 with a 3.69 ERA. In his only previous game against the Dodgers, he held them to two runs and six hits in seven innings Aug. 3 and was the winning pitcher in Colorados 12-2 romp. That was the last win for Anderson, who is 1/3 with a 4.91 ERA in his past four starts.In his last game at Milwaukee on Wednesday, Anderson gave up three hits and two runs in five innings with two walks and a career-high 10 strikeouts, giving Anderson 77 strikeouts in 83 innings or an average of 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings.I think when he has his best changeup, hes going to miss bats, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said, Typically he may get weak contact with that pitch. But its good enough he can get swings and misses, too. I think it was real good that last start. He commanded the fastball with it, and he would speed guys up to get to that changeup. Once you speed them up, theyre going to miss the changeup when you pull the string on them. I think thats what you saw in his last start. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz