Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Forum

Wunschforum Formular | Gästebuch | Shoutbox

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Aktuelle Forum News
jcy123 Offline

Unübertreffbarer Weltmeister in alles Disziplinen

16.10.2019 15:53
se are the high points of Sami Aslams seven-match Test career so far. He is averaging 43.45, offering Pakistan what seems like a Antworten

NEW YORK -- David Wright walked stiffly from the clubhouse to the corridor outside the Mets batting cage, stood in front of a wall, a large white bandage covering the skin just below his Adams apple.I plan on coming back and being the player that I feel like Im capable of being, he said. When this heals, it should be as good as new.New Yorks captain had surgery June 16 to repair a herniated disk in his neck, rejoined the team Thursday and spoke to media Friday for the first time since Dr. Robert Watkins operated in Marina del Rey, California. Wright said it was not a matter of whether to have surgery but what type.The sense in urgency for this in the doctors voice was much greater than the sense of urgency when I talked to him about my back last year, Wright said. I had a significant disk rupture. ... They were afraid it could bruise or it could cause permanent damage.Wright kept his head centered, shoulders back, a bit like Lurch in The Addams Family. He is scheduled for X-rays six weeks after the operation and will not be allowed to start rehabilitation until three months following the surgery. That timetable makes a 2016 return unlikely.Its really not doing anything. Its letting the bones kind of fuse together, he said.Doctors made Wright stay in California for a week after the surgery in order to monitor him. He said the large bandages were taken off Thursday, and he watched that nights 4-3 comeback win over the Chicago Cubs from the Mets bullpen. He was in the bullpen again Friday, holding a mirror on a pole that allowed him to see peripherally and behind.Im not allowed to be in the dugout because Im fairly helpless right now -- so if there comes a foul ball in there, Im not going to have much of a way to protect myself, he said. That will be my new spot for the foreseeable future. At least I get to be in uniform. At least I get to be around the action. I get to see it from a different perspective. Maybe I didnt have as much respect for the bullpen guys that I might have at the end of this.Mets manager Terry Collins said Wrights demeanor helps the other players.Were all glad to have him back, he said. He brings a little different atmosphere in the clubhouse.Wright looked thinner and said after surgery sitting up was kind of a two-man job to try to get me up. He remains on pain medication and will keep using it for another week. He has an anxiousness of just mis-stepping, losing my balance or having somebody come up and slap me in the back.Im more worried about that right now than I am the actual pain, he said. Theres a neck brace that Im supposed to wear kind of at times where Im around a lot of people or might get bumped into or riding in a car.Now 33, the third baseman was on the disabled list from April 15 to Aug. 24 last year when he strained his right hamstring and then developed spinal stenosis. He returned and helped the Mets win their first NL pennant since 2000, and at the time of his latest injury he was batting .226 with seven homers, 14 RBI and 55 strikeouts in 137 at-bats.Always open, Wright talked about his surgery in detail.They go through the front of your neck, so when theyre going through the front, theyve got to move some stuff around, so youve got a sore throat for a little while, he said. They removed the disk, they removed the fragments and whatever was substance that was inside the disks off of my spine. They put a little metal cage. They fit it into the space that the disk was in. ... They stick a hollow-bit drill into your hip. They get some of that bone marrow out. They put it in the cage to help with the fusion, and then they put the screws and the plate in.He does not think the stenosis will complicate his return from neck surgery, though he thinks it might slow his recovery.It will be interesting to see what it takes to get my back where it was while I was playing, he said.Because of his extended absence, Wright would not mind if the Mets make a move at third base, like signing Cuban infielder Yulieski Gourriel.If they feel like theres a better option, obviously they owe it to the fans, they owe it to themselves, they owe it to the organization to pursue it, he said.Miami Marlins Store .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Marlins Jerseys 2019 . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/ . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. Fake Marlins Jerseys . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Wholesale Marlins Jerseys . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover.82, 70, 90, 44, 50, 74 - these are the high points of Sami Aslams seven-match Test career so far. He is averaging 43.45, offering Pakistan what seems like a long-term solution to the opening conundrum they have faced over the years. He possesses everything an opener needs: composure, temperament, and the ability to hold one end up, and has got to double-figures nine times in 12 innings.He always seems to bat with a great degree of sense, but his dismissals often dont make any sense: he was run out in his first innings in England, and in this series, he has been bowled playing a premeditated sweep, bowled again trying to drive a legspinner against the turn, and, on Sunday, caught off the glove playing a reverse-sweep in the first over after tea.In Pakistan, it is considered a crime if you dont convert your fifties into hundreds, and batsmen quickly earn reputations if they keep doing it. Club cricketers grow up with this thought drilled into them, and unconverted starts are often a cause for batsmen to get dropped at grassroots level.Aslam was prolific at the Under-19 level, and is currently the second highest run scorer in U-19 ODI history with 1695 runs at 45.81. He has the most hundreds at that level, six. He is also the third-fastest batsman anywhere to 2000 List A runs. He was captain of the Pakistan U-19 side when they toured England in 2013, and made two centuries in the tri-series then, including 110 in the final against England, before catching the eye with another hundred in a victory over India in the 2013-14 Under-19 Asia Cup.Outside Test cricket, Aslam has seven hundreds and only four fifties, suggesting the issue of not converting starts is a new one.On day one in Sharjah, Aslam showed exactly why the selectors have rated him highly and shown patience with him even while he has struggled to convert his starts. His temperament was key - he wasnt expansive, but showed plenty of resilience to get through a tough situation, hanging on through a difficult first hour in which Shannon Gabriel removed Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq for ducks. It left Pakistan 2 for 1, and Aslam, only 20, carried on to make 74. It was an innings of many good qualities, but at the ennd of the day, particularly after a late collapse saw Pakistan go from 230 for 4 to 248 for 8, the entire media contingent was talking only about his failed reverse-sweep and raising questions about his conversion rate.ddddddddddddAslam didnt try to offer any rationale behind the enigma surrounding his unconverted starts. He said it was a combination of bad luck and, on occasion, his own shot selection letting him down.The way I started as an opener, the kind of start I got, I think I should have converted my good start into a big score, he said at the end of the first days play, with Pakistan 255 for 8. If you look at my record back home in domestic cricket, I have more hundreds and have a good conversion rate so I am disappointed that I am not able make it here.There is no concentration lapse. If you see, I am scoring good runs, but I think bad shots are stopping me from getting a triple-figure score. Also this is my seventh Test, and if you recall, in England once I got run out, once I was unlucky, so I dont think there is any nervousness surrounding my batting. Its about me playing an ugly shot. I obviously think about scoring 100 after 50 but there is no pressure as such. I just think about scoring big runs but I think batsmen make mistakes and improve with very passing day, so I am trying to minimise my mistakes.Since the outfield is heavy, you have to play shots, and in the process batsmen do make mistakes in the rush. But at the same time you have to get runs and you can only do it by taking chances, otherwise its difficult to score runs.During the course of his innings, Aslam had his first major partnerships with Younis Khan - 106 for the third wicket in 36.3 overs - and was involved in a mix-up early on while running between the wickets. Younis has the reputation of being a father-figure in the dressing room and a calming influence on youngsters.It was great batting with him, Aslam said. It was my first major partnership with him and during the mix up he didnt scold me but gave me some advice about running between the wickets. ' ' '

Sprung  

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz